Friday, July 1, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Exclusive! Exclusive! Hggulghhlgghhlghhlghh!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Comics Pros React to Gail Simone Being Fired from Batgirl

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:59 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
I wonder how long till Snyder's gone.

If they knock Snyder they're so fucked it won't be funny. If that ever happened I am closing all windows for fear of seeing Herald dance naked in the streets. :P

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:00 pm

Not a fan of her recent books, but what a shitty way to be fired.

Is she still under a DC exclusive contract? If so how long.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:02 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Not a fan of her recent books, but what a shitty way to be fired.

I think if I remember Ricch Johnston or someone at BC stated that her exclusive contract was up at DC just recently.

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Zechs wrote:
If they knock Snyder they're so fucked it won't be funny. If that ever happened I am closing all windows for fear of seeing Herald dance naked in the streets. :P

We'll record it for you to watch later, Clockwork-Orange-style. :twisted:

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:03 pm

Zechs wrote:
I think if I remember Ricch Johnston or someone at BC stated that her exclusive contract was up at DC just recently.

Yup. She had recently tweeted how excited she was about that.

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:08 pm

What firing phone call is Brian Wood talking about?

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:16 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Not a fan of her recent books, but what a shitty way to be fired.

Wouldn't matter too much if she was...trust me, contracts are written to be broken. Only thing that would really matter for her I imagine would be the terms of any non-compete clause, if there is one.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:19 pm

chap22 wrote:Wouldn't matter too much if she was...trust me, contracts are written to be broken. Only thing that would really matter for her I imagine would be the terms of any non-compete clause, if there is one.

I kind of doubt DC would be smart enough for one of those.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:20 pm

chap22 wrote:Wouldn't matter too much if she was...trust me, contracts are written to be broken. Only thing that would really matter for her I imagine would be the terms of any non-compete clause, if there is one.

Doesn't matter. Gail's not exclusive anymore. If Marvel wants to twist that dagger into DC they can announce or tease Gail Simone on a new Marvel book later this week or month. :P

Herald wrote:
We'll record it for you to watch later, Clockwork-Orange-style. :twisted:

Oh God! OH GAWD!! :smt078

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:21 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:What firing phone call is Brian Wood talking about?

He was going to write Supergirl before he wasn't anymore- http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33931

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:24 pm

DC Comics is a disaster wrapped inside an abortion.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:27 pm

She's not entirely out of work yet.

In March 2013, Vertigo Comics will be giving readers a heavy dose of cutting edge sci-fi, with the new anthology "Time Warp"!

Featuring stories by both the hot writers of today and the trailblazing writers of tomorrow, "Time Warp" will showcase the talents of Damon Lindelof, Jeff Lemire, Matt Kindt, Toby Litt, Mark Buckingham, Dan Abnett, Peter Milligan, Ray Fawkes, Simon Spurrier, Gail Simone, Rafael Albuquerque, Tom Fowler, and others.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:30 pm

really not that hard to expect that work to NEVER show up in print. Wasn't it just recently that someone had a falling out with DC, and their work on Fairest was pulled, even though it was started?

Stalzer2002

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Stalzer2002 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:36 pm

What? DC treated a creator like something they scraped off the bottom of a shoe? That's shocking! Also, did anyone else notice the sun rise in the east this morning? When the hell did that start happening?

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:45 pm

New ones in my feed.
Neil Gaiman ‏@neilhimself
@GailSimone I'm really sorry to hear it.

Felicia Day ‏@feliciaday
@GailSimone who do I need to shiv for you?

leave a comment with facebook