Advertisement

Comics Pros React to Gail Simone Being Fired from Batgirl

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Bass

Liked in: 61 posts

Re: Comics Pros React to Gail Simone Being Fired from Batgir

Postby The Bass » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:09 pm

Jubilee wrote:
This is terrible. But we've seen this for years unfortunately.

Creator rights are dead. Half of you nincompoops will probably celebrate it as well.

Hold on a second - she was booted from Agent X for "differences" with editor Andrew Lis. This move to Saint her is baffling - she was joking last week about having a character foisted on her who she called "Company Man". She's lucky enough to be working a high profile book, she should have the decency to do what her editor wants.

Advertisement

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 149 posts

Postby doombug » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:27 pm

The Bass wrote:
Rob Liefeld leaving THREE books because of conflicts with editorial is met with laughter from you, but one (average, IMO ) writer gets booted from an (average, IMO) book, and you refuse to even consider the possibility that I have an opinion? I can't decide which one of you is a bigger ass to talk to.

It was? :smt102

maybe if you didn't constantly claim writers and artists were fired from books when they simply moved to other things you'd be taken a bit more seriously with your opinions. (as many of us constantly tell you but you can't seem to process what we're saying)

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:28 pm

Sorry let me clarify that: I don't remember laughing at Liefeld. I remember pointing out that the way he left could have been handled better by all parties involved but I don't remember laughing at him in particular.

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:31 pm

doombug wrote:It was? :smt102

maybe if you didn't constantly claim writers and artists were fired from books when they simply moved to other things you'd be taken a bit more seriously with your opinions. (as many of us constantly tell you but you can't seem to process what we're saying)

"Constantly"? What planet are you on? Go through my posts - I deal more with abuse from people like you, than I do pointing out when DC boots a creator from a book.

And i'll "process what you're saying" when I start getting any sort of respect, for having a mind of my own, my own opinions, and not just sucking whatever you and Fat Bob Kirkman want me to believe down.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 207 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:34 pm

doombug wrote:Sorry let me clarify that: I don't remember laughing at Liefeld. I remember pointing out that the way he left could have been handled better by all parties involved but I don't remember laughing at him in particular.

YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO SILENCE THE BASS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T HANDLE HIS TRUTH AND LOVE FAT BOB AND DIDN'T LAUGH WHEN SNYDER GOT FIRED FROM BATMAN COMICS AND WAS FORCED TO WORK ON BATMAN COMICS AND LIEFELD GOT FIRED AND YOU LAUGHED AND GAIL SHOULD BE SENT TO BED EARLY FOR NOT BEING SUPER GRATEFUL FOR THE PRIVILEGE OF BEING FIRED BY EMAIL LIKE JOCK WAS AND YOU'RE ALL BIG POOPOOHEADS FOR NOT BOWING TO THE TRUTH AND KIRKMAN PAID YOU OFF BUT EVERYONE WILL FORGET HIM IN FIVE YEARS BECAUSE HE DARED TO LEAVE MARVEL AND WHO CARES ABOUT ZOMBIES ANYWAY AND HEAD ASPLODE

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:36 pm

Dude, come on now. He was booted off DETECTIVE COMICS, and then shunted onto BATMAN. you know that. God sakes. :)

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 207 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:38 pm

The Bass wrote:wibble

Quite.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 480 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:38 pm

The Bass wrote:
"Constantly"? What planet are you on? Go through my posts - I deal more with abuse from people like you, than I do pointing out when DC boots a creator from a book.

And i'll "process what you're saying" when I start getting any sort of respect, for having a mind of my own, my own opinions, and not just sucking whatever you and Fat Bob Kirkman want me to believe down.

start treating people with respect, and you'd get respect...

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 480 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:39 pm

The Bass wrote:Dude, come on now. He was booted off DETECTIVE COMICS, and then shunted onto BATMAN. you know that. God sakes. :)

for that matter than EVERYONE was fired at that time, since everyone was "shunted" to a new book...

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:43 pm

start treating people with respect, and you'd get respect...

You mean mindlessly agreeing with people's opinions and letting them walk allover me? I'll be sure to get right on that.

Ask yourself this: I was threatened with a ban, because I don't like Rob Kirkman. If I liked him, would I have gotten the same message?

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:44 pm

The sad thing is I actually kind of like nieto. Its doombug, and the respect guy, who are the worst for pushing their shit onto me, and demanding I play along with their views

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:45 pm

nietoperz wrote:
YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO SILENCE THE BASS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T HANDLE HIS TRUTH AND LOVE FAT BOB AND DIDN'T LAUGH WHEN SNYDER GOT FIRED FROM BATMAN COMICS AND WAS FORCED TO WORK ON BATMAN COMICS AND LIEFELD GOT FIRED AND YOU LAUGHED AND GAIL SHOULD BE SENT TO BED EARLY FOR NOT BEING SUPER GRATEFUL FOR THE PRIVILEGE OF BEING FIRED BY EMAIL LIKE JOCK WAS AND YOU'RE ALL BIG POOPOOHEADS FOR NOT BOWING TO THE TRUTH AND KIRKMAN PAID YOU OFF BUT EVERYONE WILL FORGET HIM IN FIVE YEARS BECAUSE HE DARED TO LEAVE MARVEL AND WHO CARES ABOUT ZOMBIES ANYWAY AND HEAD ASPLODE

:lol: I love you.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:55 pm

The Bass wrote:The sad thing is I actually kind of like nieto. Its doombug, and the respect guy, who are the worst for pushing their shit onto me, and demanding I play along with their views

There's a difference between "pushing my views down your throat" and being a sensible human being. :smt005

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 215 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:58 pm

The Bass wrote:Dude, come on now. He was booted off DETECTIVE COMICS, and then shunted onto BATMAN. you know that. God sakes. :)

We call that a promotion.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:58 pm

If you dont think I'm "sensible" - your words, because I don't like Bob Kirkman, or in this case, Gail Simone - you're an even bigger POS than I thought.

For the record - I don't mind Simone, I've met her, she was really nice, but all this nonsense could have been avoided if she did her job, and did the story her bosses wanted her to do. I hope you all remember that, when Tom DeFalco takes over the book.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand