Saturday, May 26, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "Your boob-window into the world of comics."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The End is Nigh - Scott Snyder Done With Swamp Thing

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:35 pm

Rotworld has sorta sapped a lot of my enthusiasm for this and Animal Man, we'll see who the new writer is before deciding on #19. Is China Mieville too much to hope for?

Regulator

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Regulator » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:40 pm

Did you actually read that or is this supposed to be one of the hilariously edgy Outhouse headlines?

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:42 pm

Regulator wrote:Did you actually read that or is this supposed to be one of the hilariously edgy Outhouse headlines?

He's making fun of / anticipating what The (B)ass will say.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:00 pm

i can't believe DC fired Snyder from another book!

/TheBass'd

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:01 pm

nietoperz wrote:
He's making fun of / anticipating what The (B)ass will say.

Why? What did I say? If you read the story, its says that Snyder is leaving of his own accord, and we knew Paquette is leaving for Wonder Woman?

Why? what will I say?

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Zero wrote:Rotworld has sorta sapped a lot of my enthusiasm for this and Animal Man, we'll see who the new writer is before deciding on #19. Is China Mieville too much to hope for?

I REALLY hope this isn't the book they've given Jim Starlin!

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:01 pm

chap22 wrote:i can't believe DC fired Snyder from another book!

/TheBass'd

Can you link to where I say that, thanks? Or do I hit the report button again?

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:02 pm

also, as Snyder and Paquette (and their contributions were equal here) were the first and only creative team to ever make me care about Swampy, i can pretty safely say that short of a sudden shocking announcement that DC has stolen Mark Waid and Alan Davis away from Marvel and put them on this book, i have officially been fired as a reader of this title with issue 18 as well. it was a good run while it lasted though...

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:03 pm

nietoperz wrote:
I REALLY hope this isn't the book they've given Jim Starlin!

Rich Johnson says a recent Image guy. Which hardly narrows the field.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:03 pm

Regulator wrote:Did you actually read that or is this supposed to be one of the hilariously edgy Outhouse headlines?

This comment has become retroactively more confusing.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:03 pm

The Bass wrote:
Can you link to where I say that, thanks? Or do I hit the report button again?

fire away, chief!

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:05 pm

chap22 wrote:also, as Snyder and Paquette (and their contributions were equal here) were the first and only creative team to ever make me care about Swampy, i can pretty safely say that short of a sudden shocking announcement that DC has stolen Mark Waid and Alan Davis away from Marvel and put them on this book, i have officially been fired as a reader of this title with issue 18 as well. it was a good run while it lasted though...

Co-signed (apart from that 'first and only' bit, as I love Alan Moore's run very much). I was looking for something to drop so that I could afford to pick up Wolverine (of all things, but you know: Paul Cornell and Alan Davis). Guess I found it...

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:09 pm

nietoperz wrote:Co-signed (apart from that 'first and only' bit, as I love Alan Moore's run very much). I was looking for something to drop so that I could afford to pick up Wolverine (of all things, but you know: Paul Cornell and Alan Davis). Guess I found it...

yeah, i hear ya.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:12 pm

Well, damn, I was really enjoying what he was doing with Swamp Thing. I'm willing to give the next creative team a chance though.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:21 pm

Well this is really disappointing news. Swamp Thing was one of the few DC books remaining on my pull list but it looks like issue #18 will be my last. DC is really going to have to put together an amazing team to have a hope of renewing my interest.

leave a comment with facebook