Advertisement

Marvel Next Big Thing - Uncanny X-Men

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 231 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:58 pm

A few bits of information were revealed in today's liveblog.

Source: Marvel NOW! Next Big Thing Liveblog

Brian Michael Bendis (writer) joined editor Nick Lowe for a little chat about the upcoming Marvel Now! Uncanny X-Men.

The ending Bendis' All-New X-Men's first arc will pave the way for the start of the new Uncanny X-men. The mission of the uncanny crew of Cyclops, Magneto, Emma Frost, and Magik will be to save new mutants around the world. These new mutants are the result of the events of Avengers Vs. X-Men, and not all of these new characters will be using their powers for good. Some may not want the power and want to get back at the world. Coming up with new powers "is hardest thing" Bendis said. He's been collecting ideas for powers for years and now he is pulling out that file for this. The Uncanny X-Men will take control of the Weapon X base to use as their center of operations and school, and from something negative to something positive.

The team has gone through a large change in their lives. Cyclops is the face of the "mutant revolution". Cyclops' goal is full redemption. Emma's new costume is not just for the guys, it reflects how she sees herself. Magneto is trying to make up for what happened with his kids, in a way, with Scott and Emma. Magik has more control over Limbo and other aspects of her power.

The book will have a "Doctor Doom level" villain that is a surprise. He doesn't they've been a villain in X-Men before.

Bendis believes one of the reasons that Avengers and New Avengers were successful was because they were so different. He is taking a similar approach here. Unlike All-New X-Men, they are not planning to reveal too much about the title before it is released, as they are trying to have some mystery. Uncanny and All-New will intersect once in a while (see All-New #9 and Uncanny #3), but the two teams are far apart in many ways.

Next year is the 50th anniversary. "We have a plan" Bendis promised.

Marvel NOW! Uncanny X-Men starts in February 2013 with two issues by writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Chris Bachalo. David Marquez will take the artist's reins for the second arc.

Uncanny X-Men #1 cover by Chris Bachalo
Uncanny X-Men #1 cover by Chris Bachalo

Uncanny X-Men #2 cover by Chris Bachalo
Uncanny X-Men #2 cover by Chris Bachalo

Uncanny X-Men #3 cover by Chris Bachalo
Uncanny X-Men #3 cover by Chris Bachalo

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 975 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Marvel Next Big Thing - Uncanny X-Men

Postby Grayson » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:12 pm

I will probably check out the first issue of this book but I can't really say that I am excited about it. I don't like the new visor that Cyclops is wearing, I don't like the idea of splitting up yet another couple in Scott and Emma, and I really don't have any faith that Bendis can create interesting new characters. In fact, I would say that the only real reason that I even want to try this book is because I like Cyclops, Emma, and Magneto and the rest of the Marvel NOW! launch has been so good that I at least want to give the flagship X-Title a chance.
ImageImageImage

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 261 posts

Postby GHERU » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:18 pm

I am so looking forward to this!
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:23 pm

I like the "Brotherhood meets Thunderbolts" feel.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 325 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:24 pm

Emma's new costume is not just for the guys

Guess that explains the exposed cleavage, abs and thigh-slits :lol:

So when Scott releases his optic blast now will it be in an x pattern ?
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 413 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby troysshr » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:43 pm

I'll give it a shot, I love Bachalo, and Magneto, so thats enough to at least give it a chance.
ImageImageImage

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:20 pm

I thought the Cyclops X-visor was kind of retarded. But looking at the first cover above, I realized that Bachalo draws it to look sort of like Magneto's helmet. That would definitely fit with Bendis' schtick about characters' costumes reflecting what's going on internally. As long as Bachalo (and not Quesada) is drawing it, I'm down!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:30 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:As long as Bachalo (and not Quesada) is drawing it, I'm down!

From what we know so far Bachalo will be working on the first arc of the title. David Marquez will take over the second arc. If the book is good enough for me to stick around, I am really hoping that Bachalo at least work on every other story arc, like he was doing with Wolverine and the X-Men.
ImageImageImage

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 508 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:47 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Guess that explains the exposed cleavage, abs and thigh-slits :lol:

Batwoman is not complaining
Image Image Image ImageImage

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 549 posts

Postby HNutz » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:52 pm

False Prophet wrote:I like the "Brotherhood meets Thunderbolts" feel.

Me too.

What's the deal with this and All New X-Men? Is "All New" a continuing series or just the lead-in to Uncanny?

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 118 posts

Postby Lord Ice » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:40 pm

HNutz wrote:
Me too.

What's the deal with this and All New X-Men? Is "All New" a continuing series or just the lead-in to Uncanny?

One would hope so, cause the first issue of All-New dealing with Cyclops and his crew was pretty good. But once they brought in the ones from the past, the book plummeted.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 311 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:31 am

I hope the Magneto-lite villain they're talking about is Sultan Magus as I can see him wiping the floor with Scott and co.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:32 am

Lord Ice wrote:
One would hope so, cause the first issue of All-New dealing with Cyclops and his crew was pretty good. But once they brought in the ones from the past, the book plummeted.

I do hope the past x-men go back to their timeline very soon and are never mentioned in the present again.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:33 am

Grayson wrote:I will probably check out the first issue of this book but I can't really say that I am excited about it. I don't like the new visor that Cyclops is wearing, I don't like the idea of splitting up yet another couple in Scott and Emma, and I really don't have any faith that Bendis can create interesting new characters. In fact, I would say that the only real reason that I even want to try this book is because I like Cyclops, Emma, and Magneto and the rest of the Marvel NOW! launch has been so good that I at least want to give the flagship X-Title a chance.

They split Scott and Emma up? Ah well, never liked them as a couple anyways. Maybe now Namor can fish-hump her like he always wanted to do from the get-go.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:17 pm

draco x wrote:I hope the Magneto-lite villain they're talking about is Sultan Magus as I can see him wiping the floor with Scott and co.

Who? :smt017
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand