Sunday, May 29, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "But first you're gonna blow me!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Marvel’s Age Of Ultron Creates New Tie-In Paradigm Sure To Piss People Off

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:01 pm

Marvel’s Age Of Ultron Creates New Tie-In Paradigm Sure To Piss People Off

Dear Marvel,
NO!
~The Internet



Source: Age Of Ultron Creates New AU Spinoff Titles
 

Do me a favor, go to Marvel Comics Full Monthly Solicitations for March 2013 and do a quick search for “Fantastic Four #5” and hit enter, now hit enter again.  Now, do the same thing with “Superior Spider-Man #6.” You are not mistaken; there are two different Fantastic Four #5s and Superior Spider-Man #6s coming out in March.

One is the normal run of the mill non-event comic book, and the other is an Age Of Ultron Tie-In.

So, there are a couple of ways the internet can take this news.  First, and most reasonable, would be to look at this and say “Wow that is pretty cool.  I can keep reading the books I like without having to tie into some stupid event that I don’t care about while people who do get sucked into buying tie-ins don’t have to settle for limited series that never matter.”

Or, and more probable, the reaction will be “What the bloody Hell is wrong with Marvel!  Forcing me to double dip!? F*ck you Marvel, I’m boycotting you until Gail Simone is back on Batgirl!”

Stay tuned to The Outhouse for more on this non-story.



Written or Contributed by GHERU


READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:09 pm

I don't know what makes this Ultron story an event?

What's the hook to it?
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:21 pm

Jubilee wrote:I don't know what makes this Ultron story an event?

What's the hook to it?

read the solicits.

"For years the heroes of the Marvel Universe have lived in fear that the artificial intelligence known as Ultron would one day evolve to fulfill its desire to wipe out all organic life and take over the Earth -- that day has arrived."

so aparently it's just more Ultrons, bigger and badder than ever before, attacking everything and everywhere, not just the Avengers. i look forward to it.

MikeinLA

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby MikeinLA » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Jubilee wrote:I don't know what makes this Ultron story an event?

What's the hook to it?



Shocking revelations, a hinted high body count, and that the story will change the world forever.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:40 pm

And a "senses shattering conclusion !" :P
User avatar

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:42 pm

Don't forget the memorable moments! :D
User avatar

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:47 pm

Jubilee wrote:I don't know what makes this Ultron story an event?


It's the only book that is worthwhile reading at this point.
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:36 pm

It's proooobably gonna be a House of M thingy with minimal repercussions.
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:47 pm

LOLtron wrote:Dear Marvel,
NO!
~The Internet
Source: Age Of Ultron Creates New AU Spinoff Titles
  Do me a favor, go to Marvel Comics Full Monthly Solicitations for March 2013 and do a quick search for “Fantastic Four #5” and hit enter, now hit enter again.  Now, do the same thing with “Superior Spider-Man #6.” You are not mistaken; there are two different Fantastic Four #5s and Superior Spider-Man #6s coming out in March. One is the normal run of the mill non-event comic book, and the other is an Age Of Ultron Tie-In. So, there are a couple of ways the internet can take this news.  First, and most reasonable, would be to look at this and say “Wow that is pretty cool.  I can keep reading the books I like without having to tie into some stupid event that I don’t care about while people who do get sucked into buying tie-ins don’t have to settle for limited series that never matter.” Or, and more probable, the reaction will be “What the bloody Hell is wrong with Marvel!  Forcing me to double dip!? F*ck you Marvel, I’m boycotting you until Gail Simone is back on Batgirl!” Stay tuned to The Outhouse for more on this non-story.

Written or Contributed by GHERU READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!


... I'm still confused.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:13 pm

Zero wrote:It's proooobably gonna be a House of M thingy with minimal repercussions.


I thought House of M actually had a lot of repercussions, but should have been a lot more.

I look forward to seeing the reactions to this.
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Jubilee wrote:
I thought House of M actually had a lot of repercussions, but should have been a lot more.

I look forward to seeing the reactions to this.


Out of the whole 8 issues of House of M only three words really had any genuine impact: No. Mutants. and More. The story itself was very nicely self contained in a way no Marvel event since has managed.
User avatar

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:14 pm

I do this is better than the Fear Itself snorefest.
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:20 pm

HNutz wrote:
... I'm still confused.


Marvel is releasing Superior Spider-Man 6 and Superior Spider Man 6AU and Fantastic Four 5 and Fantastic Four 5Au that month
User avatar

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:27 pm

e_galston wrote:
Marvel is releasing Superior Spider-Man 6 and Superior Spider Man 6AU and Fantastic Four 5 and Fantastic Four 5Au that month



And of course the FF 5AU is 3.99 but somehow is only 32 pages like the regular 2.99 FF. Less ads to make room for the tie-in pages? :smt017
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:45 pm

Has anybody else noticed that they are advertising Superior Spider-Man #6AU as being the "superior" Spider-Man's introduction into the Age of Ultron...yet in the previously released preview art from Age of Ultron we already have a Spider-Man who isn't wearing a mask? Is this confirmation that Peter Parker is still around in some capacity during the Age of Ultron or was that our first look at who is underneath the mask of the new Spider-Man?

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 48 guests