Tuesday, July 26, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Something about hobo piss."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Society

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:17 am

GLX wrote:
Probably. It seems that even the least hyped book that debuts from there gets a second printing. For example, I Love Trouble didn't really seem to get much press. It still sold out. :smt102

Good point. But have you seen that now Image won't be making second printings?

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:47 pm

Arion wrote:
Good point. But have you seen that now Image won't be making second printings?

The controversial letter to retailers and the follow-up letter as well? Yep. It's understandable, though the original letter on the matter wasn't the best way to announce their new initiative.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:01 pm

GLX wrote:
The controversial letter to retailers and the follow-up letter as well? Yep. It's understandable, though the original letter on the matter wasn't the best way to announce their new initiative.

Yes, I've been following this debate closely.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:06 pm

Arion wrote:
Yes, I've been following this debate closely.

What do you make of it?

Marius665

Society Member

Postby Marius665 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:46 pm

GLX wrote:
How's your comic work going?

slightly dragging due to taking 2 English classes in one semester.

A's on all of my papers and A's in both classes!

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:34 pm

I managed to get ONE comic script done this year. Which is one more than I honestly expected to finish. :lol:

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Marius665 wrote:

slightly dragging due to taking 2 English classes in one semester.

A's on all of my papers and A's in both classes!

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:53 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:I managed to get ONE comic script done this year. Which is one more than I honestly expected to finish. :lol:

I haven't written one in years. :oops:

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:16 pm

Well, Arion and I had always toyed with working together, so that was the motivation that got me off the bench for a little while.

I have been doing more writing lately, just nothing finished yet, and none of it comic work.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:28 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:I managed to get ONE comic script done this year. Which is one more than I honestly expected to finish. :lol:

The one in Romance 2? I just read it. And it was good.

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Arion wrote:
The one in Romance 2? I just read it. And it was good.

1) Thanks, friend.

2) That was actually from about 2 years ago, it got bumped from the original Romance volume and moved to the second one.

3) I was referring to our Cities story.

4) Again, thanks, I don't think I've gotten any feedback from anyone over that story, which is like half the reason I do this. :lol:

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:00 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:
1) Thanks, friend.

2) That was actually from about 2 years ago, it got bumped from the original Romance volume and moved to the second one.

3) I was referring to our Cities story.

4) Again, thanks, I don't think I've gotten any feedback from anyone over that story, which is like half the reason I do this. :lol:

1 - My pleasure, sir.

2 - Ah, well, my Romance story had been illustrated in October 2011. It took a while for it to be published.

3 - Got it!

4 - Glenn used to do a story-by-story review of each issue of The Gathering until they told him he couldn't do that since he's one of the editors. Too bad because now I feel like there is no one else out there willing to write a review.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:08 pm

GLX wrote:
What do you make of it?

I kind of see Image's point but I don't know if this is the right way to do things...

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:15 pm

Arion wrote:1 - My pleasure, sir.

2 - Ah, well, my Romance story had been illustrated in October 2011. It took a while for it to be published.

3 - Got it!

4 - Glenn used to do a story-by-story review of each issue of The Gathering until they told him he couldn't do that since he's one of the editors. Too bad because now I feel like there is no one else out there willing to write a review.

Ahhh, poo.

leave a comment with facebook