Advertisement

More Golden Gang

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 0 post

More Golden Gang

Postby shannonh » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:40 am

Golden Gang has arrived
Does the world end on Friday the 21st of December?

Not if Golden Gang has anything to say about it!

The gang is a group of individuals, each with special talents or powers, gathered together to stop the end of the world. Led by a magical guardian created by the Inca they fight neonazis, aliens and trolls as training for the end times.

Golden Gang is a collaborative effort by an international team of artists and the first volume, Endings, is a 196 page trade paperback that is out now on Indyplanet.com. It contains 9 ”issues” of the regular Golden Gang story and a short story, plus character profiles, behind the scenes material and extra reading from their world. A preview that contains almost the entire first episode plus samples from each artist is available at http://www.griffindesign.org/goldengangsampler3.pdf.

Golden Gang is superhero action adventure of the type most of us are familiar with, but like any fan, there are things that one thinks have become almost comical. A dead superhero always comes back, the world returns to a familiar status quo after huge events – stuff like that. I want Golden Gang to be free from those genre tropes. Sure there is stuff that's going to be familiar but over time I think you'll notice, and hopefully appreciate, what separates this from mainstream superheroes.

I'm not gonna blabber on, read the sampler if you'd like, look around the website at www.griffindesign.org/gg for additional reading, and if you want to read the full story head on over to http://indyplanet.com/store/product_...oducts_id=7876 to buy it. A digital version will be out later at an unknown date and will go for $1, if you'd like to wait. I'll leave you with some pictures.

Some of my work on the project:

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Creator's Corner