Advertisement

Amazing Spider-Man #700 Thread! [SPOILERS]

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 540 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Amazing Spider-Man #700 Thread! [SPOILERS]

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:50 am

Grayson wrote:I am also curious about how this will effect the dangling plotline from Spider-Men where Peter returned to the regular Marvel Universe and ran a search for Miles Morales only to be shocked at his discovery. Is that something that "Otto" will have any interest in following up on or is it just another loose thread that will never be explored?

You know, I think that I have been pretty rational about this whole thing but the more I think about it, the less that I want to do with it. Even if my theory is correct, I am not really sure that I want to stick around and see how "Otto" will interact with Peter's supporting characters. Am I interested in seeing "Otto" attempt to make a relationship with Mary Jane work? Not at all. Am I interested in seeing "Otto" attempt to ingratiate himself with the Avengers after only recently attempting to use them to attack Spider-Man and destroy the world? Nope. Do I really want to read a story where the villain supposedly won and the hero was tossed aside and left to rot and be forgotten, while the premise is that the hero died and will never return? :smt011 No thank you.

Makes sense.

Bottom line, I will more than likely read the first issue of Superior Spider-Man.

:smt011 :P
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:55 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Makes sense.

Not Claremont enough for you? :smt011

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 614 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:40 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Makes sense.

Thanks! :-D

Sorry, I don't like it. I really, really don't like it but I am going to give Slott one chance to change my mind. If he can't give me a reason to stick around after the first issue of Superior Spider-Man, then I'm out. I wash my hands of the whole ordeal and I won't be back until Peter Parker returns. However, I am pretty sure that I am correct and that "Otto" is nothing more than a brainwashed Peter Parker, so that is definitely something that I will be looking for in Superior Spider-Man #1.

Also, I never said I was going to buy it...just read it. :smt102 :P
ImageImageImage

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:04 pm

Keb wrote:
Wasn't my intention to single you out personally. Was just commenting on an age-old mentality in comics and where I see fandom within the industry being stagnant.

Besides, you're going to get a lot of disappointment this summer when the Jays consistently put a whoopin on the Yankees :P

Enjoy you six years of injury prone Jose Reyes playing on turf ;)

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:07 pm

Keb, I do agree with you that a lot of superhero comic readers don't want to see change and progress in their characters and that does hold back the story in the long term.

Characters should change and evolve over time but changes have to make sense for the character. Change for the sake of change is often damaging and it rarely leaves a lasting development for the character.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 202 posts

Postby Draco x » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:10 pm

HNutz wrote:
That would have been BETTER?!?

Ok, I meant to say it would have been more tolerable than what we got. Overall, even Howard Mackie on his worst day could have written something better than "Shit-Past".

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:12 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
in the 90's it would've :lol:

In an alternate universe you must know of obviously but not in this reality I'm afraid.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:14 pm

I did hear a rumor that Miguel O Hara aka Spiderman 2099 was supposed to be the main character Superior Spiderman but obviously this is not the case. Would anyone have been more interested if Spiderman 2099 was Superior Spiderman instead of Doc Ock in Peter's body?

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:16 pm

draco x wrote:I did hear a rumor that Miguel O Hara aka Spiderman 2099 was supposed to be the main character Superior Spiderman but obviously this is not the case. Would anyone have been more interested if Spiderman 2099 was Superior Spiderman instead of Doc Ock in Peter's body?

Stemmed from an tweet Slott sent to the artist "accidentally" referring to the character as Miguel. Obviously misdirection at this point.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 142 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:47 am

draco x wrote:I did hear a rumor that Miguel O Hara aka Spiderman 2099 was supposed to be the main character Superior Spiderman but obviously this is not the case. Would anyone have been more interested if Spiderman 2099 was Superior Spiderman instead of Doc Ock in Peter's body?

I would have been. I certainly wouldn't be dropping the book like I am now.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:33 am

I would have been interested in this development and I suspect that there would have been far less outrage over the twist. It would be easier for people to accept a character like Miguel, who has been a Spider-Man before, replacing the original Spider-Man than a member of his rogue's gallery. Although Slott would have created a whole new problem in establishing how Miguel O'Hara would come to be in the regular Marvel Universe in the first place. Last I knew, Miguel decided to stay on a random Earth with a woman he fell in love with while he was hopping around realities with the Exiles.
ImageImageImage

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 52 posts

Postby Bianco » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:59 am

i don't know if it would be better, depends on how it would be written, Miguel being in the Peter's universe can be easily explained. It would have been a lot more interesting to me in comparison to the mind swap thing.

It's funny I just saw Star Trek 2 during the holiday, maybe that's what Slott was thinking about :lol:

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 381 posts

Postby HNutz » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:59 pm

Grayson wrote:
Last I knew, Miguel decided to stay on a random Earth with a woman he fell in love with while he was hopping around realities with the Exiles.

Alternate Miguel.

And the less said about Claremont's Exiles, the better.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:12 pm

HNutz wrote:Alternate Miguel.

Ah, I was not aware that the Miguel from Exiles was an alternate version of the character.

And the less said about Claremont's Exiles, the better.

Agreed.
ImageImageImage

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:38 pm

It wouldn't bring me back to the book (I dropped it with Spider Island) but I'd be laughing at it a little less.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand