Advertisement

Possible Character Info on Justice League Movie

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 433 posts
Formerly: AMS

Re: Possible Character Info on Justice League Movie

Postby Rockman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:33 am

That doesn't even sound real

But if it is, I'd argue that Flash shouldn't be the most popular character in the DC universe. It'd be Superman.

Advertisement

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:38 am

I took it to mean that, of the heroes, Flash would be the most celebrity-like.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 144 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:45 am

Rockman wrote:That doesn't even sound real

But if it is, I'd argue that Flash shouldn't be the most popular character in the DC universe. It'd be Superman.

I agree that it doesn't sound real. But let's pretend it is. I could see Flash being the most popular character without too much of a stretch. This is a new continuity and we don't know Superman's relationship with the media this time around. We have already seen him shun the public world to become a fisherman, and we've seen him being led away in handcuffs, so it can safely be assumed that there's going to be a certain amount of distrust no matter what he does to redeem himself. Also, it says that this Flash loves media attention, so if he plays that up it wouldn't be that farfetched.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 171 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:30 am

Rockman wrote:That doesn't even sound real

You know what else it doesn't sound? Good...it doesn't sound good.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 342 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:34 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Does the DCnU version still have the skirt?

No "man-kilts" so far :wink:

Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 433 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:57 pm

Log-Man wrote:I agree that it doesn't sound real. But let's pretend it is. I could see Flash being the most popular character without too much of a stretch. This is a new continuity and we don't know Superman's relationship with the media this time around. We have already seen him shun the public world to become a fisherman, and we've seen him being led away in handcuffs, so it can safely be assumed that there's going to be a certain amount of distrust no matter what he does to redeem himself. Also, it says that this Flash loves media attention, so if he plays that up it wouldn't be that farfetched.

Yeah I'm just kind of thinking in the classic sense.

I reckon it really does depend on MoS

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 324 posts

Postby Draco x » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Lord Ice wrote:
They probably figure it'll bomb and there won't be a sequel, so they might as well pull out all the stops.

And the stops include coming out with a rushed movie that sounds like an Avengers movie sequel by having a similar type villain show up to challenge them?

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:29 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:As much as I hate to agree with Draco...he's right. A Legion of Doom type group would've been better by far. Especially so fresh off the Smallville Darkseid turd.

Amusingly people who don't know any better about the comics will probably see it as a Thanos ripoff. A lot of people I know sure did when they saw Thanos in the Street Fighter games in the 90's before they ever saw Darkseid.

Exactly my point. I would rather see Darkseid appear in a Superman or New Gods movie than a JLA one right off the bat. Not that I am opposed to him being in a JLA film but not right off the bat.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:36 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Lex Luthor has been used in every frickin' Superman movie ! Not using him in this one is a better move ! :smt023
Using a villain group as large as the Legion of Doom would require a lot more character development to be included in the script. That would take away screen time from the League members and could be detrimental in the long run. The LOD would be a better use for a sequel.

It doesn't even have to be Luthor but he would be a better choice than Darkseid who will just be seen as a Thanos riff if they use him. Besides there are other characters they could use such as the White Martians, the Hyperclan, Felix Faust, Vandal Savage, Neron, Wade Eiling, Prometheus or even Gog.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:41 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
Sinestro
Zod
Luthor

Boom. Other villains could be developed in parallel to the new characters introduced as rivals. If JL Doom could do it then a Hollywood director with a massively oversized salary has no excuses for failing to make it work.

They don't need to give us their life story, just establish them as the bad guys. Not every villain has to be complex, sometimes people are just bad.

Agreed. I would also add Vandal Savage, Brainiac, Despero or even the White Martians to your list.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:46 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Count me in the opposed to the LOD idea. If you're going to do someone other than Darkseid, Despero or Amazo would work fine.

Agree with the Despero idea. I would also add the General, Vandal Savage and Brainiac as well.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 342 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:10 am

And now rumor is that the script was scrapped.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 144 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:39 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:And now rumor is that the script was scrapped.

I, for one, am shocked.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:13 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:And now rumor is that the script was scrapped.

No surprise here.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum