Advertisement

Batman: Li'l Gotham #4 Review

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 3 posts

Batman: Li'l Gotham #4 Review

Postby LOLtron » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:07 pm

GLX gives his opinion on Batman: Li'l Gotham #4.

Source: GLX

Publisher - DC Comics

Writers - Derek Fridolfs and Dustin Nguyen
Artist - Dustin Nguyen

Before a new year begins, countless people make resolutions that they will strive to keep in the new year. They may be things such as working out more often or learning a new language. In Catwoman's case, she decides to become one of the "good guys". Her friends, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn, have other plans in the entertaining Batman: Li'l Gotham #4.

Catwoman, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn have a history of working well together as characters. When the right creative forces are involved, the interactions between these characters can lead to some great writing. Derek Fridolfs and Dustin Nguyen lay out a sweet plot that brings out some organically-fun character moments. The trio's "New Year's Revolution" guides the reader to some amusing antics like stealing toys "for the children" and stealing a golden egg from The Penguin. Fridolfs and Nguyen's script effortlessly brings out smiles and laughs without resorting to cheap tricks.

As enjoyable as the writing is, the art is what really elevates this comic. Nguyen's characters are exaggerated with a focus on making them emote in ways that effectively charm the reader. Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn really benefit under Nguyen's care as their body language is really enjoyable during the comic's high points. Wonderfully applied watercolors feel at home within the comic as they give Nguyen's art a unique look that stands out.

If there is a noticeable flaw with Batman: Li'l Gotham #4, it is its length. At 20 slides, the comic leaves behind a desire for longer tales with these characters. Even with its short length, Batman: Li'l Gotham #4 is worth a look for both old and new readers alike. It is one of the most entertaining reads this month, even in comparison to some comics that are longer and more "mature". If you're looking for a brief, good time, then Batman: Li'l Gotham #4 is definitely worth a look.

80 out of 100

Written or Contributed by GLX

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Zechs
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Batman: Li'l Gotham #4 Review

Postby Zechs » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:54 pm

I agree, but then again the content you get at 99 cents is a steal.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:00 pm

Zechs wrote:I agree, but then again the content you get at 99 cents is a steal.

20 slides = 10 pages of content. I can tolerate it with Li'L Gotham because...

- It's not likely going to be collected anytime soon.
- They're done-in-one stores.
- It's 99 cents.

Now, a true digital steal is Top Shelf's Double Barrel. A shitload of content for $2 ($1 for past issues).

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Draco x
penile prisoner

Postby Draco x » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:37 pm

This book sounds like it should be a part of the DC cartoon shorts on CN.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand