Advertisement

Dragonborn DLC Release Date for PC Creeping Out (Updated)

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 163 posts

Postby LOLtron » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:16 pm

As usual, Bethesda has made no further announcement about when the next Skyrim DLC - "Dragonborn" will release on PC and PS3, so we have to put our detective hats on to figure it out and plan ahead.

(original article) January 3, 2013:

Bethesda, a normally very fan friendly company, has failed at every turn in the communication department.  Despite having a strong presence on twitter, facebook, their own forum, blog and more.  Every DLC has seen a huge pop for the XBox release, with PC releases just popping up one day a month or so later with a tweet the day it hits Steam.  Not to mention the lack of DLC for PS3 and lack of news about their progress, other than "we're working on it".

The Dragonborn DLC seems to be no exception, though Bethesda did surprise this reporter by making a post after the XBox release stating that "Dragonborn would be coming to PC and PS3 in early 2013".  Vague, but more info than is normally offered.  So now we are a couple days away from being 30 days past the XBox release and still no word.  Fans however have dug up a couple of postings on some European sites advertising the DLC with the release date of January 16th, or maybe 18th?

Whether this is a firm date for when we'll see it hit Steam, I have no idea, though past DLC's have landed on Thursdays.  But the info above is the most we've found so far.  Not to mention that the PS3 release date hasn't been mentioned yet either and for all the issues they've had getting a DLC out for Playstation players, that is one DLC that deserves a little fanfair before release.

Update: 1/9/2013

Despite fan desire to see the DLC come out exactly 30 days after xbox got it, or perhaps not desire, but even expectation, official word from Bethesda spokesperson is "Definitely not this week."  Though no other information was offered.

The DLC is believed to be in closed beta for PC right now, which usually means it is fairly close and we have yet another website (Gamestop) listing it for availability next week, though these could be placeholder dates for all we know.

That's all the additional info I've found so far and as usual, we'll update with any new info when it surfaces.  Chances are we will not get an official word from Bethesda and will find out when achievements go up a day or so before the release.

Second Update:

Yet another site listing the DLC for sale, but this time at Jan 25th and they actually added (estimated date).  From MightyApe:

You might also like:

Next Skyrim DLC: Redguard?

Skyrim: Dragonborn DLC Leak, Part Deux

The Good, The Bad & The Awesome, A Skyrim: Dragonborn DLC Review

Written or Contributed by xaraan

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 126 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Re: Dragonborn DLC Release Date for PC Creeping Out

Postby habitual » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:32 pm

Fallout 3 was a great game, but, I'm pretty much done with Bethesda at this point.

These rollouts are ridiculous.

Hab

Regulator
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Regulator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:33 pm

habitual wrote:Fallout 3 was a great game, but, I'm pretty much done with Bethesda at this point.

Hab

You're done with a company's games because their DLC takes a while to release? :roll:

Also, Fallout 3 was a great experience but the main quest was too unforgivably short to call it a great game.

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 1 post
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:28 pm

habitual wrote:Fallout 3 was a great game, but, I'm pretty much done with Bethesda at this point.

Hab

I'm confused by this one too? This is like a normal schedule for DLC releases... unless you are a PS3 player, then I could see being pissed off.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 540 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:28 pm

Hab is a ps3 player. Me too, and I totally feel him on this.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 540 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:33 pm

Regulator wrote:
You're done with a company's games because their DLC takes a while to release? :roll:

Also, Fallout 3 was a great experience but the main quest was too unforgivably short to call it a great game.

Because they only bother to release that DLC for Xbox. A fuckup this bad that takes this long to fix is amateur hour, and whatever complaints they have about developing for PS3 are things they have no excuse for not preparing for in advance. It's not like the system is new and there aren't hundreds of games with DLC out for it. Remember, the regular game was fucked on PS3 for months before they fixed it too. They sold an inferior product to PS3 players with no warning.

I like their games and will probably learn my lesson and get the next one for PC, but it's not unreasonable to hold the company accountable for this and not buy their games.

There is absolutely no excuse for a professional company to fuck up this bad.

Artuer01
Faster Pussycat

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Artuer01 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:26 pm

its highly likely the dlc for PC on Thursday if they follow how dawnguard and heartfire both were released on a Thursday and Xbox releases were Tuesdays if the follow it the earliest would be Jan 10 which next week and will know 1 day before if we look at achs as posted before.

jeremy
Staff Writer

Postby jeremy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:58 pm

Artuer01 wrote:its highly likely the dlc for PC on Thursday if they follow how dawnguard and heartfire both were released on a Thursday and Xbox releases were Tuesdays if the follow it the earliest would be Jan 10 which next week and will know 1 day before if we look at achs as posted before.

That's what I was hoping for actually. Thinking maybe Steam will get it a little earlier than these sites are advertising.

jeremy
Staff Writer

Postby jeremy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:04 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Hab is a ps3 player. Me too, and I totally feel him on this.

Ah, well then, yea, I can see that.

One thing on this DLC though, is it is supposed to come to PS3 because it's a separate load area and isn't supposed to have the same issues. Plus this, I think, is the best of the DLC's so far, so if you could only get one, this is the one to get.

As for "Bethesda screwing customers over", it's not quite all Bethesda's fault. It's the way they designed the PS3 (and this isn't the only game to have issues with it). They divide the RAM in half for what the game can access and Skyrim (being open world, like real open world, not fake open world like Ass Creed type games) the PS3 can't handle it. Sony made the decision to do this when they were designing their system to try and make game developers to create games on their platform first, then port to others so it would be best on PS3. Sony likes to have their own thing (beta, blu-ray, mem stick, etc) and in gaming it has hurt them a bit. Bethesda is still paying people to work on a problem they might not be able to solve to bring the other DLC's to PS3.

Granted, this usually falls on deaf ears because of "console loyalty".

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum