Advertisement

Valiant Preview: Harbinger #0

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 322 posts

Postby LOLtron » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:20 pm

The Omega Age begins in Harbinger #0.

Source: Press Release

It's time to take a look back at where things got started out for those psiot brats in Harbinger. Specifically, let's take a look back at the first psiot, Toyo Harada, head of the Harbinger Foundation. With roots in the atomic bombing of Hiroshima at the end of World War II, Harada's story seems to be told from both ends of history. As the modern day Harada leads a naive young telekinetic child into an uncertain fate, he relates his own origin, thus providing some shading for the events we've seen in the book so far. Harbinger #0 is a precursor of sorts to the upcoming "Harbinger Wars" crossover, so if you're interested in that story, you may want to check this out.

The Omega Age Begins in HARBINGER #0

Valiant is proud to present an advance preview of Harbinger #0 by New York Times best-selling author Joshua Dysart (Unknown Soldier) and red-hot artists Mico Suayan (Batman: The Dark KnightThe Punisher) and Pere Pérez (Aquaman)! On February 6th, go back to the beginning to witness the ascent of the most powerful man in the Valiant Universe with an all-new entry point into the acclaimed series Ain't It Cool News calls "simply astonishing"!

Long ago, in the aftermath of history's first atomic holocaust, Toyo Harada discovered a vision for the perfect future – one that he has vowed to realize with or without the consent of the human race. With a private army of hyper-telekinetics at his side, this omega-powered harbinger of humanity's potential has spent decades reshaping the world to conform to his will. Now here, for the very first time, witness the origin and rise to power of this malevolent mind that would destroy the Valiant Universe rather than see it slip through his fingers.

Before the paths of Bloodshot and Harbinger collide this April in Harbinger Wars #1 (of 4), discover an essential chapter of the Valiant Universe's past – and one that could define its future – only in Harbinger #0, featuring a standard cover by Mico Suayan and a wraparound gatefold variant by Lewis Larosa!

Comic shop subscribers, take note: this issue also features a Harbinger #0 Pullbox Exclusive Variant by Clayton Henry & Clayton Crain. Printings of all Pullbox editions are strictly limited, so contact your local retailer to pre-order today! 

HARBINGER #0 - ON SALE FEBRUARY 6th!
Written by JOSHUA DYSART
Art by MICO SUAYAN & PERE PEREZ
Cover by MICO SUAYAN (DEC121260)
Pullbox Exclusive Variant by CLAYTON HENRY & CLAYTON CRAIN (DEC121261)
Wraparound Gatefold Variant by LEWIS LAROSA (DEC121262)
$3.99/T+/32 pgs.

Written or Contributed by Royal Nonesuch

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Regulator
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Valiant Preview: Harbinger #0

Postby Regulator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Chromium cover please. :groucho:

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 9 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:51 pm

Regulator wrote:Chromium cover please. :groucho:

:smt011

If you haven't been reading Harbinger or Archer and Armstrong, you are missing out on some great books.

Regulator
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Regulator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:42 pm

Chesscub wrote:
:smt011

If you haven't been reading Harbinger or Archer and Armstrong, you are missing out on some great books.

I'm reading and enjoying (except maybe Bloodshot) the whole line . I guess that makes it unfathomable that I could make a joke about a #0 with 3 variants instead of just rabidly fanwank when the Valiant logo shows up. :roll:

Agent Panic
crash test dummy

Title: Stranger Danger

Postby Agent Panic » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:40 pm

Regulator wrote:
I'm reading and enjoying (except maybe Bloodshot) the whole line .

Same here.. I don't know what it is about Bloodshot that hasn't got me hooked, but the rest of the books in the line are fantastic.
Do you know what the most frightening thing in the world is?
It's fear.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 13 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:18 pm

I read the first Harbinger arc and it was pretty good. I don't know anything about any of the other Valiant books though.

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 9 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:37 am

Regulator wrote:
I'm reading and enjoying (except maybe Bloodshot) the whole line . I guess that makes it unfathomable that I could make a joke about a #0 with 3 variants instead of just rabidly fanwank when the Valiant logo shows up. :roll:

You will rabidly fanwank and like it! :smt013 :P

leave a comment with facebook

Return to Previews