Advertisement

Peter David Had a Stroke

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 107 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Re: Peter David Had a Stroke

Postby Arion » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:43 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
We can both agree I know things that would ruin his career.

I beg your pardon ?

Advertisement

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 478 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:51 pm

Just posted...
But first the daily Peter David Update: He was able with assistance to get up and sit in a chair where he spent most of the day. He worked with his various physical therapy and occupational therapy personnel on continuing to strengthen his arm and leg. The eye seems to be correcting itself a little but that’s going to be looked at in rehab as to what they can do besides a stylish eye-patch. He also revised an X-Factor script for his editor at Marvel, which I think made him feel good/more normal than he has been feeling.

Remember the waiting game? Well we MIGHT be moving him to his rehab facility but it is not a done deal because they don’t like some of the markers in various pieces of blood work. It may be an aberration and they are going to test him six ways from Sunday this morning to give us a go or no go on his going to rehab today. We have all the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle in place except the Doctor’s OK to go.

http://www.peterdavid.net/2013/01/04/he ... elp-peter/

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:52 pm

Arion wrote:
I beg your pardon ?

His mom was married to Peter at one point, IIRC.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:05 pm

Chesscub wrote:
His mom was married to Peter at one point, IIRC.

Is that for real?

I hope everyone checks this link:

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 286 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:08 pm

PAD is a member on Statuemarvels.com and his wife wrote this:

The beginning is the same as Amoebas.

"As most of you are aware, long-time Marvel Comics Writer & Member of StatueMarvels, Peter David, has suffered a stroke. Many fans & creators have asked how they can help Peter & his family? His wife, Kathleen,wrote the following for Peter:

Here is how YOU can Help Peter

But first the daily Peter David Update: He was able with assistance to get up and sit in a chair where he spent most of the day. He worked with his various physical therapy and occupational therapy personnel on continuing to strengthen his arm and leg. The eye seems to be correcting itself a little but that’s going to be looked at in rehab as to what they can do besides a stylish eye-patch. He also revised an X-Factor script for his editor at Marvel, which I think made him feel good/more normal than he has been feeling.

Remember the waiting game? Well we MIGHT be moving him to his rehab facility but it is not a done deal because they don’t like some of the markers in various pieces of blood work. It may be an aberration and they are going to test him six ways from Sunday this morning to give us a go or no go on his going to rehab today. We have all the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle in place except the Doctor’s OK to go.

Hard to believe that one week ago all this started.

Now HOW YOU CAN HELP

Even though we have health insurance we have co-pays and the like. And since this stroke fell at the end of the year, we have all the new co-pays to deal with (I can honestly see those of you who have had to deal with this nodding your heads). And there are things that the insurance company just won’t cover (more head nodding). So we are at the beginning of what is going to be a very expensive year even though we are only 4 days in.

The most direct way is to buy his books from Crazy 8 Press or from Amazon or Barnes and Noble websites. These are books that he gets the money from directly and the most per book.

His currently Crazy 8 Books are

Pulling Up Stakes Part 1
Pulling Up Stakes Part 2 (Brand new)
This is one novel broken into two pieces. This is the cover blurb
Sick of vampire books? Movies? TV shows? Yeah. So are we. Sick of the entire unlife of vampires? Yeah. So is Vince Hammond. Unfortunately, Vince is in it up to his (wait for it) neck. Because Vince is a young vampire hunter who lives with his vampire hunter mother in an entire community of vampire hunters, who in turn are part of a cult of vampire hunters going back all the way to the French Revolution, which many believe to be an uprising of the poor against the rich but was actually a massive purging of vampires from the French nobility (hence the guillotine)

The Camelot Papers
A powerful ruler who’s considered by many to be simple-minded and vacuous and has serious father issues. A no-nonsense, polarizing woman who favors pants suits and pursues dubious agendas involving social needs. A remarkably magnetic leader of men with a reputation as a skirt-chaser. A scheming, manipulative adviser who is constantly trying to control public perceptions. A man seen as the next, great hope for the people, except there are disputes over his background and many contend he’s not what he appears to be.
George W? Hillary and Bill? Karl Rove? Obama?
Try Arthur Pendragon, Guinevere, Lancelot, Merlin, and Galahad.
Whatever you think of the state of today’s politics, The Camelot Papers shows you just how little matters have changed in the past thousand years or so. The Camelot Papers presents a fresh perspective on Arthurian legend by using modern day sensibility and combining it with a classic tale to bring a new insight into iconic characters.

The Hidden Earth Saga of which there are two published and the third is in the works.

Darkness of the Light (book 1 of the Hidden Earth saga)
Height of the Depths (Book 2 of the Hidden Earth saga)

These are science fiction mixed with mythological creatures and the fate of the Universe hangs in the balance. Big epic sweeping books with those great characters that Peter is famous for writing.

There are Print on Demand for all these books if you want a paper copy rather than electronic.

More HOW YOU CAN HELP

If you already have these or can’t purchase them for whatever reason, you can still help us a lot by getting word out all over the Internet about how they can help Peter. I am asking every blogger and people who have access to an audience to spread the word.

The more we sell of these books, the easier it will be for us to pay the bills as they start to pour in.

Buying his other books does help but that is very long term and isn’t much per books but it does help especially the Marvel graphic novels he has written.

I am talking to Glenn about a donate button or something but we don’t have the details worked out and I really want to get the ball rolling on getting this information out while Peter is fresh in everyone’s mind.

We do need your help to help him. He is working very hard at getting back to all that he loves to do and we are trying to ease his mind about whatever we can ease his mind about so he can do it faster.

We are now off to the Hospital to see what the verdict is about his moving today. I will update this when we know what is going on.

I am grateful to everyone who has helped or is going to help Peter.

To follow Peter's story, go here: http://www.peterdavid.net/"

http://www.statuemarvels.com/f491/peter-david-writer-hulk-x-factor-suffered-stroke-how-you-can-help-21771.html#post501220

I'm going to look into getting a few books.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Arion wrote:
Is that for real?

I hope everyone checks this link:

There is some history between guitarsmashley and PAD that is very limited in knowledge. I've picked some things up from past conversations over the years but not enough to believe one way or another if there is any truth.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:29 pm

GOSD wrote:PAD is a member on Statuemarvels.com and his wife wrote this:

The beginning is the same as Amoebas.

"As most of you are aware, long-time Marvel Comics Writer & Member of StatueMarvels, Peter David, has suffered a stroke. Many fans & creators have asked how they can help Peter & his family? His wife, Kathleen,wrote the following for Peter:

Here is how YOU can Help Peter

Hard to believe that one week ago all this started.

Now HOW YOU CAN HELP

Even though we have health insurance we have co-pays and the like. And since this stroke fell at the end of the year, we have all the new co-pays to deal with (I can honestly see those of you who have had to deal with this nodding your heads). And there are things that the insurance company just won’t cover (more head nodding). So we are at the beginning of what is going to be a very expensive year even though we are only 4 days in.

The most direct way is to buy his books from Crazy 8 Press or from Amazon or Barnes and Noble websites. These are books that he gets the money from directly and the most per book.

His currently Crazy 8 Books are

Pulling Up Stakes Part 1
Pulling Up Stakes Part 2 (Brand new)
This is one novel broken into two pieces. This is the cover blurb
Sick of vampire books? Movies? TV shows? Yeah. So are we. Sick of the entire unlife of vampires? Yeah. So is Vince Hammond. Unfortunately, Vince is in it up to his (wait for it) neck. Because Vince is a young vampire hunter who lives with his vampire hunter mother in an entire community of vampire hunters, who in turn are part of a cult of vampire hunters going back all the way to the French Revolution, which many believe to be an uprising of the poor against the rich but was actually a massive purging of vampires from the French nobility (hence the guillotine)

The Camelot Papers
A powerful ruler who’s considered by many to be simple-minded and vacuous and has serious father issues. A no-nonsense, polarizing woman who favors pants suits and pursues dubious agendas involving social needs. A remarkably magnetic leader of men with a reputation as a skirt-chaser. A scheming, manipulative adviser who is constantly trying to control public perceptions. A man seen as the next, great hope for the people, except there are disputes over his background and many contend he’s not what he appears to be.
George W? Hillary and Bill? Karl Rove? Obama?
Try Arthur Pendragon, Guinevere, Lancelot, Merlin, and Galahad.
Whatever you think of the state of today’s politics, The Camelot Papers shows you just how little matters have changed in the past thousand years or so. The Camelot Papers presents a fresh perspective on Arthurian legend by using modern day sensibility and combining it with a classic tale to bring a new insight into iconic characters.

The Hidden Earth Saga of which there are two published and the third is in the works.

Darkness of the Light (book 1 of the Hidden Earth saga)
Height of the Depths (Book 2 of the Hidden Earth saga)

These are science fiction mixed with mythological creatures and the fate of the Universe hangs in the balance. Big epic sweeping books with those great characters that Peter is famous for writing.

There are Print on Demand for all these books if you want a paper copy rather than electronic.

More HOW YOU CAN HELP

If you already have these or can’t purchase them for whatever reason, you can still help us a lot by getting word out all over the Internet about how they can help Peter. I am asking every blogger and people who have access to an audience to spread the word.

The more we sell of these books, the easier it will be for us to pay the bills as they start to pour in.

Buying his other books does help but that is very long term and isn’t much per books but it does help especially the Marvel graphic novels he has written.

I am talking to Glenn about a donate button or something but we don’t have the details worked out and I really want to get the ball rolling on getting this information out while Peter is fresh in everyone’s mind.

We do need your help to help him. He is working very hard at getting back to all that he loves to do and we are trying to ease his mind about whatever we can ease his mind about so he can do it faster.

We are now off to the Hospital to see what the verdict is about his moving today. I will update this when we know what is going on.

I am grateful to everyone who has helped or is going to help Peter.

To follow Peter's story, go here: http://www.peterdavid.net/"

http://www.statuemarvels.com/f491/peter-david-writer-hulk-x-factor-suffered-stroke-how-you-can-help-21771.html#post501220

I'm going to look into getting a few books.

Yeah, definitely, we should try to do as much as we can to help.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:31 pm

I've bought
Pulling Up Stakes Part 1 and Darkness of the Light

So I may be buying the follow-up books, which I had always planned on, soon.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 967 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:33 pm

bkthomson wrote:
There is some history between guitarsmashley and PAD that is very limited in knowledge. I've picked some things up from past conversations over the years but not enough to believe one way or another if there is any truth.

IIRC, PAD blames Yoni's mom for breaking up his marriage or something. It's all here on this forum, somewhere.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 286 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:35 pm

Cool deal, guys. 8)

I'm trying to find some info on how to send them cash directly.

When I find out, I'll update the thread.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:37 pm

I will check out one of the books (I'm poor).

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:50 pm

bkthomson wrote:

I had no idea. I guess that proves one can learn strange things in the most unexpected places (like this thread)

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:57 pm

I'd like to take a moment to also say make sure to also donate to the Hero Initiative who support comic creators in their time of need.

http://www.heroinitiative.org/

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:06 pm

Chesscub wrote:I'd like to take a moment to also say make sure to also donate to the Hero Initiative who support comic creators in their time of need.

http://www.heroinitiative.org/

Indeed.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand