Friday, August 26, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The number two comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Phantom Stranger #4 Preview

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:24 pm

Phantom Stranger #4 Preview

John Constantine and Justice League Dark are about to learn the hard way why it’s never a good idea to make the Phantom Stranger angry!



Source: Game News

 

• Why do the defenders against the dark arts need the Stranger’s presence in the first place?
 
 
 
Written by:  Dan Didio (Plot), JM DeMatteis (Script)
Art by:  Brent Anderson (Pencils), Philip Tan & Rob Hunter (Inks)
Cover by:  Jae Lee, June Chung
 
 
32 pages
U.S. Price:  $2.99
On Sale:  January 9, 2013


















Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4


READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!
User avatar

Johnny Smith

rubber spoon

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:12 am

whoa, Didio's only plotting this?
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:10 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:whoa, Didio's only plotting this?


I'm more amazed that this book hasn't been cancelled yet because he's writing it.
User avatar

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:12 pm

draco x wrote:
I'm more amazed that this book hasn't been cancelled yet because he's writing it.


Have you read it? It's pretty good so far.
User avatar

UnionJack

Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:04 pm

I think it's a great series. It's only the fact that Didio is writing it that has some people who don't like him dismissing it out of hand.
User avatar

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:25 pm

See I liked OMAC from Didio and was disappointed when it was canceled. Now, my reason for not buying this book is solely on the fact the Phantom Strange has suck the life out of any comic book he has appeared in. Yeah, this is mostly a me thing but man I just cannot get into this character.
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:14 pm

bkthomson wrote:See I liked OMAC from Didio and was disappointed when it was canceled. Now, my reason for not buying this book is solely on the fact the Phantom Strange has suck the life out of any comic book he has appeared in.

So much truth to this - but I still love the character and as someone who has read this new series - I like it a whole lot.
User avatar

UnionJack

Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:57 pm

I also thought OMAC was great & sorry to see it cancelled. Just hope PS doesn't suffer the same fate.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:52 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:whoa, Didio's only plotting this?


Yeppers. Read about it here. I suspect that in time JM may take over the writing entirely.
User avatar

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:27 pm

UnionJack wrote:I also thought OMAC was great & sorry to see it cancelled. Just hope PS doesn't suffer the same fate.


It'll probably last long enough for whatever part it plays for The Trinity War.
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:49 pm

Chesscub wrote:
Have you read it? It's pretty good so far.


I commend you sir for being able to get through a whole book of Didio's writing. His Outsiders run was enough for me for a lifetime-and it was only my love for the Eradicator that made me touch that run of his.
User avatar

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:53 pm

draco x wrote:
I commend you sir for being able to get through a whole book of Didio's writing. His Outsiders run was enough for me for a lifetime-and it was only my love for the Eradicator that made me touch that run of his.


I was IN THE BOOK, and I STILL couldn't brainwash myself to believe Dan's writing is worth $2.99...
User avatar

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:23 pm

draco x wrote:
I commend you sir for being able to get through a whole book of Didio's writing. His Outsiders run was enough for me for a lifetime-and it was only my love for the Eradicator that made me touch that run of his.


I like Dean Koontz but nothing could get me to try to read the Odd Thomas books again. It happens. :smt102
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:12 pm

Herald wrote:
I was IN THE BOOK, and I STILL couldn't brainwash myself to believe Dan's writing is worth $2.99...


I would be surprised if the book was worth 2 cents even.
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:13 pm

Lord Ice wrote:
I like Dean Koontz but nothing could get me to try to read the Odd Thomas books again. It happens. :smt102


I suspect even Odd Thomas is better than anything Didio has ever put out.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests