Advertisement

Godzilla Release Date Announced Along With Other News Bits (Frank Darabont!)

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 163 posts

Godzilla Release Date Announced Along With Other News Bits (Frank Darabont!)

Postby LOLtron » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:07 pm

Godzilla Release Date Announced Along With Other News Bits

Three bits of Godzilla news hits the net today. A release date, the loss of two producers, and the Walking Kaiju?!

Source: ‘Godzilla’ Getting A Frank Darabont Rewrite As Legendary Battles Roy Lee And Dan Lin

Though it was always rumored to hit American Theaters in two years, it appears fully confirmed now that Legendary Picture's Godzilla film will indeed be unleashed in May 14, 2014. Not only that but along with this bit of news, Inside Movies & DVD revealed that the film lost two producers, Dan Lin and Roy Lee. No worries though if it'll effect the budget since there's three more producers on the film (Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni, and Brian Rogers) along with director Gareth Edwards.

Though Deadline paints a picture that Legandary Pictures and the two producers are going to go in a legal war. No word yet if either side will unleash kaiju to annhilate the other forcing Toho to send in their legal council Jet Jaguar to mediate things.

If that wasn't enough, Deadline is also reporting that the movie now has a screen-writer come on board for a final rewrite of the script (originally penned by Max Borenstein). The person? None other than former Walking Dead Showrunner, Frank Darabont. The movie is now rumored to spend 90 minutes of its 120 minute runtime with all of the characters hanging around on a farm.

No word yet though when audiences will get their first teaser of this project, though more than likely it'll be when fellow Kaiju film Pacific Rim is released on July 12, 2013.

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 618 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Godzilla Release Date Announced Along With Other News Bi

Postby Grayson » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:23 pm

LOLtron wrote:Though Deadline paints a picture that Legandary Pictures and the two producers are going to go in a legal war. No word yet if either side will unleash kaiju to annhilate the other forcing Toho to send in their legal council Jet Jaguar to mediate things.

:lol:

Now I really want to see Jet Jaguar in a suit and tie, carrying around a briefcase while attempting to subpoena Megalon and Mothra.
ImageImageImage

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 128 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Godzilla Release Date Announced Along With Other News Bi

Postby Zechs » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:47 pm

Grayson wrote:
:lol:

Now I really want to see Jet Jaguar in a suit and tie, carrying around a briefcase while attempting to subpoena Megalon and Mothra.

I want the Godzilla P.I. first.

Followed by the sitcom Megalon and Gigan.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum