Advertisement

Massive Shakeups on the Way at DC, Along with Media Coverup?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 276 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Rumors of a huge scandal are brewing at DC Comics, and The Outhouse is here to steal the story from Bleeding Cool!

Source: Bleeding Cool

We make fun of Rich Johnston at Bleeding Cool a lot, because he deserves it, but we'll be damned if he doesn't break 99% of the "real" stories that populate the 24 hour comics news cycle. Johnston is reporting that the source that correctly revealed the Gail Simone firing late last year (the source is widely believed to be Johnston himself in a dress and a wig posing as Dan Didio's secretary), which led ultimately to the story circulating around the net and DC being forced to reinstate Simone, is saying that there are a lot more shakeups coming to DC's creative teams as a reaction to the success of Marvel's Marvel NOW! sales initiative. According to Johnston, DC will look to shake things up both in their fictional universe and in the creative teams shaping that universe, and that the changes will involve books and teams that have already been solicited, some of which have not even seen their first issue published.

To make things even more interesting, Johnston reports that DC is trying to convince certain websites (read: Newsarama, CBR, IGN, etc) to remove old press releases highlighting creative teams that are changing. In addition, DC is allegedly attempting to coerce creators who have been released into not speaking about it publicly in order to avoid another Gail Simone situation, with promises of future work at DC if they comply. It is unknown if the promise of future work is retroactive as Rob Liefeld will surely be in the market for more work once Image United and Youngblood are completed in a timely manner.

These kinds of allegations, while not worse than over 400 counts of pedophilia, are pretty shocking, (except the idea of coercing websites into acting as an extension of a publisher's marketing department, which is commonplace), so The Outhouse is glad that it is Johnston making them, and we are just reporting on what he said.

Of course, without the signature irreverent and satirical style of The Outhouse, this article would be little more than simply copying Johnston's report to siphon unique hits, so, in the interest of variety, we present this clip from the greatest episode of 70s motorcycle cop drama CHiPs, in which Happy Days' Donnie Most plays a satanic heavy metal singer:

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Re: Massive Shakeups on the Way at DC, Along with Media Cove

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:23 pm

DOES NOT BODE WELL FOR BODING.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 472 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:06 pm

So...

Company A one ups Company B.

Company B then one ups Company A.

And now a rumor that Company A is going to try to one up Company B?

Wow - never saw that one coming. :roll:

Herald
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 362 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:04 pm

If Dan and the Gang aren't being sent packing, they're just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:11 pm

Herald wrote:If Dan and the Gang aren't being sent packing, they're just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

You are assuming someone at the WB level cares what is going on at DC to make that type of a move.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:15 pm

bkthomson wrote:You are assuming someone at the WB level cares what is going on at DC to make that type of a move.

True. I've often wondered how much WB cares about DC. I had thought the New 52 was done in an attempt to please the bigwigs at Time Warner with a high sales bump, but I'm not certain.

Herald
Fagorstorm

Postby Herald » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:33 pm

bkthomson wrote:You are assuming someone at the WB level cares what is going on at DC to make that type of a move.

They cared enough to pony up for all the hype that went into this idiotic "New 52", all the TV commercials, the cross-promotion with Entertainment Weekly, as well as paying the Nielsen company to poll the audience so they could see if it was at all worthwhile. So yeah, I'm making a highly-educated assumption that SOMEbody at Warners gives a [expletive of choice]. :wink:

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby bkthomson » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:45 pm

Herald wrote:
They cared enough to pony up for all the hype that went into this idiotic "New 52", all the TV commercials, the cross-promotion with Entertainment Weekly, as well as paying the Nielsen company to poll the audience so they could see if it was at all worthwhile. So yeah, I'm making a highly-educated assumption that SOMEbody at Warners gives a [expletive of choice]. :wink:

That marketing campaign was not that much money as it was a drop in the bucket compared to a movie marketing campaign. Those commercials were the quality of some intern to add to their resume.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Herald
Fagorstorm

Postby Herald » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:56 pm

bkthomson wrote:
That marketing campaign was not that much money as it was a drop in the bucket compared to a movie marketing campaign. Those commercials were the quality of some intern to add to their resume.

It still costs quite a bit of money to do all that. And there's no way DC could scrounge up enough pocket change to do it all on their own accord.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby bkthomson » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:03 pm

Herald wrote:
It still costs quite a bit of money to do all that. And there's no way DC could scrounge up enough pocket change to do it all on their own accord.

Actually I bet it did come out of DC budget than WB and I think.you are overestimated how much that cost. DC is not a small company it has money to do a campaign that size.

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 72 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:50 pm

bkthomson wrote:

isn't that the truth?

DMM
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Former Twenty Something
Formerly: DeathMetalMetrosexual

Postby DMM » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:22 pm

Poor Moloch.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 952 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:32 pm

IIRC, it was Moloch's manager behind the whole thing.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 151 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:45 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
True. I've often wondered how much WB cares about DC. I had thought the New 52 was done in an attempt to please the bigwigs at Time Warner with a high sales bump, but I'm not certain.

They care when DC's sales are down enough to make a dent in the bottom line.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

DMM
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Former Twenty Something
Formerly: DeathMetalMetrosexual

Postby DMM » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:51 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:IIRC, it was Moloch's manager behind the whole thing.

at first I thought that picture in the article was Rich Johnston in drag.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand