Advertisement

The Society

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 123 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Re: The Society

Postby Arion » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:20 pm

My resolution: I plan to go from 20 cigarettes a month (which is where I am now) to 10 a month. And then 5 in 2014.

Advertisement

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: That Guy, Roman.

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:35 pm

I never make ACTUAL resolutions, but I do have personal goals for 2013. And I plan to keep all of them.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:02 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:I never make ACTUAL resolutions, but I do have personal goals for 2013. And I plan to keep all of them.

I also have plans. I always have them. Make them happen is another thing, though.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 106 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:00 pm

Melanie Iglesias break:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:08 pm

Are you going to put some candy into her mouth ?

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:16 pm

Arion wrote:Are you going to put some candy into her mouth ?

Maybe. Maybe not.

(Likely the latter since I've got no shot in hell of being in her league)

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:23 pm

GLX wrote:
Maybe. Maybe not.

(Likely the latter since I've got no shot in hell of being in her league)

So it is only a sexual fantasy, innit ?

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:35 pm

Arion wrote:
So it is only a sexual fantasy, innit ?

For now, she's just a pretty lady that's nice (from what I can tell). :smt102

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:43 pm

GLX wrote:
For now, she's just a pretty lady that's nice (from what I can tell). :smt102

Nice makes it sound so platonic. Just say she's hot.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:10 pm

Arion wrote:
Nice makes it sound so platonic. Just say she's hot.

I'm not denying that she's hot. Just sayin' that what I can tell from what I've seen, she's a nice gal. :smt102

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:24 pm

I'm off for the weekend. I'll be back Sunday evening or on Monday.

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:25 am

Since GLX asked me what happened on my twitter and I couldn't get into it then, posted this elsewhere, just copy and paste it here:

So, I've gone into this particular Walgreens at least once a week for almost a year now, and generally whenever I'm in this part of Baton Rouge, I have my laptop with me, which I keep in a satchel wrapped around my shoulders, there's pretty much only room for my laptop and it's charger and that's it, I couldn't put anything else in there if I tried. I always go in, maybe grab a snack while I wait at the bus stop which is right outside. I have never, EVER, had anyone say anything whatsoever to me there. In fact, many of the cashiers know me at this point. But on this particular day, I went in and decided to maybe grab a few things so I wouldn't need to go out looking later. I even asked several employees to help me locate certain things, and not a peep was made about my satchel, however, when I went to the other end of the store (near the refrigerated items) the woman (who I had never seen before) behind the photo counter stops me and says "Sir, I'm going to need to take that bag." I paused, and thought that was weird, no one had ever done that before, and I gave it to her, and as I walked down the refrigerated aisle ... I thought about it. The store was filled with people, many of them with purses as large as my satchel with FAR more room to stick things, why weren't any of them being asked to check in their bags? So, I suddenly realized that I wasn't hungry anymore and walked up to my mother and said "let's just put this stuff back, I want to leave."

I went, got my bag from the lady, left and when I told my mother what had happened, she was livid. She herself had a purse as large as my satchel and she wanted to know why this woman felt the need to single ME out. The woman said "Well, it's store policy." Which may be true but struck me as major bullshit, and I told her "I have been in this store WITH THIS SATCHEL at least once a week for over 7 months and not one employee has ever said a peep about this policy. No one has ever asked me a thing about this, and suddenly YOU ask me for my bag, out of nowhere, and you don't see why I might not be offended?"

She just shrugged and said nothing, her manager came over (her manager who I had spoken to not 15 minutes earlier, satchel on my shoulder, and had said nothing about this policy) and was like "Yes, it is store policy, we're sorry if you felt put out by it." And I was like "but I've spoken to 3 or 4 employees since I've been in this store and not once did anyone say anything." At this point, I could feel myself losing my temper and I could see that I wasn't going to get an apology from this woman so I just left.

But I'm still mad. If someone had said something when I walked in, or if this was the first time I had ever gone in that store, I wouldn't have had an issue. But the fact that I passed several (and I hate to strip things down to this level, but let's be honest, they were all black employees), one of whom was the manager, and they said nothing, but suddenly this one woman (who was white, again, full disclosure) feels the need to stop me and impose this store policy on me and no one else? Maybe it was all a misunderstanding, perhaps, but it doesn't pass the sniff test, and all I wanted was an acceptance that she offended me, and she couldn't even do that.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:11 pm

I sure had a lot of fun this weekend. Lots of free food and free drinks, I love these events.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:34 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:Since GLX asked me what happened on my twitter and I couldn't get into it then, posted this elsewhere, just copy and paste it here:

Who the fuck freaks out over a satchel? I can kind of see the logic of the policy, but you're familiar people and the have cameras around the store. What would've happened in their minds?

Guy 1 (holding a photo to another guy): "Saw this dude with the curly hair around these parts?"
Guy 2: "Nope."
Guy 1 (puts photo away): "Damn it! The Curly Satchel alludes me once more!"

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:02 am

I mean, come on, I only stole like 4 things.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum