Advertisement

Tumblr Bloggers Highly Upset at Latest Avengers Arena Teaser - SPOILERS

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 163 posts

Postby LOLtron » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:07 am

The latest Marvel NOW! "to be continued" teaser showcases Avengers Arena, pisses off 13 year olds on Tumblr demographic.

Source: Press Release

When Avengers Arena was first announced as part of the Marvel NOW! sales gimmick, emotional pre-teens and their more embarrassing cousins, fully grown fanboys, took to Tumblr, a social networking site, to express their displeasure and threaten to commit suicide if their favorite characters were killed (really). Fast forward to yesterday, when Marvel released a teaser for the second story arc of the controversial comic. The teaser depicts the comic as a board game and feature Darkhawk, a character who was murdered in the latest issue of the comic. The teaser is being widely interpreted as confirming theories that the wholesale slaughter of Marvel's teen heroes is taking place in a virtual reality simulation of some kind.

One would think that this revelation would please the Tumblrsphere, who have been QQing about the series for months. However, it seems to have only created even more "feels," a Tumblr-specific term referring to a burning sensation in the vaginal area.

"Why is Marvel toying with my emotions!" wrote one Tumblr blogger. "I had just come to accept the death of my favorite teen characters, after going through all the stages of grief! Now Marvel is telling me he's not really dead? Dennis Hopeless, you are the worst person ever!"

The uptick in Tumblr crying over Avengers Arena comes after the recent news that Tumblr has surpassed Facebook in terms of social network usage for people ages 18-25 and the severely emotionally disturbed. This, in turn, leads us to return to a conspiracy we investigated last year, which alleged that Avengers Arena writer Dennis Hopeless, who was relatively unknown before the series and cannot be real because he is a comic book writer with a hot wife, was actually disgruntled Batgirl writer Gail Simone. However, taking recent events into consideration, The Outhouse is forced to retract that theory, and now believes that Hopeless is actually Facebook founder and douchebag Mark Zuckerburg. Through Avengers Arena, Mark "Dennis Hopeless" Zuckerburg clearly plans to drive Tumblr users to their self-inflicted deaths, allowing his company to retake the social networking crown.

The Outhouse will keep you updated on this shocking conspiracy, as soon as we find time in between writing articles about The Big Bang Theory and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Re: Tumblr Bloggers Highly Upset at Latest Avengers Arena Te

Postby bkthomson » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Some people need a hobby.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 48 posts

Postby MrBlack » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:50 pm

bkthomson wrote:Some people need a hobby.

Maybe they could take up board games. I have just the one for them...

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:55 pm

MrBlack wrote:Maybe they could take up board games. I have just the one for them...

:lol:
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Johnny Smith
cheese

Liked in: 114 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:31 pm

DC needs to do a book like this. Ex-Batgirls fighting each other to the death or something.

C'mon, Didio, make it happen!!! :-D
#FireJudeTerror

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 225 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:36 pm

"Redundant Batgirls Arena" :twisted: :smt023
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 540 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:54 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:DC needs to do a book like this. Ex-Batgirls fighting each other to the death or something.

C'mon, Didio, make it happen!!! :-D

:lol: I smell an article for next week.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 173 posts

Postby GHERU » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:23 pm

finally, a purpose for Steph and Cass!
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:06 pm

Article is wrong about the death in #3

The amulet was just torn off him and in that visual it gives the effect that the chain has impaled Darkhawk when in fact it was just in that position because it was being pulled in that direction.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand