Thursday, June 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "In this issue: an Outhouser will DIE!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Brian Wood Launches All-Female X-Men Series

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:33 am

Brian Wood Launches All-Female X-Men Series

The series launches in April.

Source: USA Today

USA Today announced that Brian Wood and Oliver Copiel will be working on a new female X-Men series in April.  The series, which was hinted at in last week's "XX" teaser, will star Storm (still with a mohawk), Psylocke, Jubilee, Rachel Grey, Rogue and Kitty Pryde. 

According to the USA Today article, the series will focus on Jubilee and will feature Sublime, Sentinels and a threat from outer space. 

This marks the latest Marvel NOW! series that focus on female characters.  Uncanny X-Force and Fearless Defenders also focus exclusively on women characters. 

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:45 am

They're going to call it "X-Men"?

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:46 am

Isn't Puck on Uncanny X-force? He's a women now?

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:49 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:Isn't Puck on Uncanny X-force? He's a women now?

Since he's Canadian, I wouldn't exactly classify him as a man.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:50 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:Isn't Puck on Uncanny X-force? He's a women now?

Post Op

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:59 am

WANT.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:08 am

Ok, is Jubilee still a vampire?

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:15 am

bkthomson wrote:Ok, is Jubilee still a vampire?

You could have asked him through PM.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:20 am

I prefer my idea of a Xavier/Xemnu the Titan buddy book. XX : Hair today, gone tomorrow.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:35 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:You could have asked him through PM.

What are you talking about?

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:41 am

I might buy this. Though I kinda wish X-23 wasn't on Avengers Arena and be on this. Just for the character's interactions with Rachel, Jubilee, and Psylocke.

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:49 am

bkthomson wrote:What are you talking about?

Jubilee aka Twigglet

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:50 am

Too many X-books. Seriously, this title is tempting to me, but you just know that there'll be some asinine crossover soon and you'll have to get all 5,756 other X-titles to know what's going on. Best just to leave it and be happy leading an X-free existence.

Pink_Orchid

The Virgin Connie Swail

Postby Pink_Orchid » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:52 am

bkthomson wrote:Ok, is Jubilee still a vampire?

I'm curious too. Did she get repowered or not? Did anyone get repowered or is it strictly new mutants after the last Phoenix bruhaha?

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:53 am

I'll probably get this just for the sweet sweet Coipel art, but just like Fearless Defenders, the 'all-female' team doesn't really make sense to me, there better be a damn good in-story reason for a group of only women X-Men (To be fair, Defenders has that, but there are only so many before you get to ridiculous things like a villain who can psychically control penises or whatever) to band together, otherwise this just seems like giving in to ridiculous internet whiners.

There are like, 200 X-Men, there's no reason for all of these ones, most of whom are starring in other comics too to band together just because comics just discovered 'girl power' 15 years too late.

leave a comment with facebook