Advertisement

More Creative Team Changes at DC

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby LOLtron » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:59 pm

Christy Marx in, Jim Zubkavich out on BoP, Jeff Lemire in, Robert Vendetti out on Contantine, Starlin in and Milligan out on Stormwatch.

Source: CBR

Responding to the success of Marvel's Marvel NOW! creative reshuffling, DC Comics has decided to do some creative team changing of their own. Last week, it was announced that Scott Lobdell would be replaced by James Tynion III on Red Hood and the Outlaws, and that Charles Soule would be taking over on Swamp Thing. Today, news has hit the net that Christy Marx will be taking over writing duties on Birds of Prey, Jeff Lemire will be taking over writing duties on Constantine, and Jim Starlin will be taking over writing duties on Stormwatch. In addition, Eddie Barrows and Brett Booth will switch places as artists on Nightwing and Teen Titans. Wow!

Asked about the changes in an interview at DC advertising agency ComicBookResources, DC Editor in Chief Bob Harras said that the new creative teams were decided with a spirited game of musical chairs. "Dance, puppets, dance!" said Harras, reveling in his power. "There's something about seeing Ethan Van Sciver shoving David Finch out of the way to grab the last remaining seat as "Pop Goes the Weasel" blares over DC's PA system that really gets my blood pumping."

"'Round and 'round the mulberry bush, the monkey chased the weasel," said Finch, commenting on the musical chairs defeat that allowed Van Sciver to take over art chores on Batman: The Dark Knight late last year. "That goddamned weasel. Monkey'll catch him eventually. Mark my words. He'll catch him. And when he does..."

Van Sciver, for his part, likened the weasel to American taxpayers and the monkey to a bloated and out of control federal government obsessed with taxing valuable job creators and taking away everyone's guns, declaring his victory in the game a turning point in the war to preserve conservative values. 

Joining Starlin on Stormwatch will be artist Yvel Guichet, which The Outhouse can exclusively confirm is a real person and not a random combination of the letters found in Dan Didio's last bowl of alphabet soup.

Harras also answered a question about last month's controversy surrounding Gail Simone and Batgirl, in which Simone was apparently fired off of the book and then reinstated due to fan response:

CBR: Since we're on the topic of creative changes, one of the things that was a big discussion point for a while was Gail Simone being on and off "Batgirl." With Gail now reinstated on the title, I have to ask -- how much was fan outcry and fan support part of that creative editorial decision?

Harras: What we had was Ray [Fawkes] coming on for two months to help out, schedule-wise. We're very happy Gail is back; she's on the book moving forward, so to me, that was a moment in time where we were just looking for Gail's next plot to come in and we're moving forward.

Harras, who was a championship caliber dodgeball player in high school, then put on his Los Angeles Dodgers baseball cap, hopped into his Dodge Charger, and sped off.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: More Creative Team Changes at DC

Postby e_galston » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:03 pm

is DC really trying to spin the Gail thing as she was never off the book?? even with her saying they fired her?

Zechs
Staff Writer

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:18 pm

e_galston wrote:is DC really trying to spin the Gail thing as she was never off the book?? even with her saying they fired her?

Seems like.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:22 pm

Look tell a lie and they hope people will believe it as the truth otherwise no one at DC is going to come forward and saw we messed up.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:25 pm

i just think its pretty shitty to lie about it when its pretty public knowledge what happened to Gail

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby bkthomson » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:28 pm

e_galston wrote:i just think its pretty shitty to lie about it when its pretty public knowledge what happened to Gail

Agree, and but they do not care if people feeling as hurt, they dodge a bullet on what was handled poorly and now just denying anything happened.

Also you notice how CBR did no go after them pushing harder to challenge Harris statement.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:29 pm

DC is such a fustercluck

Zechs
Staff Writer

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:31 pm

bkthomson wrote:Agree, and but they do not care if people feeling as hurt, they dodge a bullet on what was handled poorly and now just denying anything happened.

Also you notice how CBR did no go after them pushing harder to challenge Harris statement.

It was a PR friendly interview and probably forced CBR to not ask anything negative toward them. So they couldn't even ask the slightest bit of independent question like Moonbeam did with her DC interview a few months back to which they just got all offensive on her. Probably why this is done on CBR than Rama since DC probably giving Rama THE EVIL EYE.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby bkthomson » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:32 pm

Punchy wrote:DC is such a fustercluck

Not been the best two years for them publicly.

Johnny Smith
cheese

Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:33 pm

I bet Chap's going to love that Brett Booth art on Nightwing, ha ha :lol:

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby bkthomson » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:48 pm

Zechs wrote:
It was a PR friendly interview and probably forced CBR to not ask anything negative toward them. So they couldn't even ask the slightest bit of independent question like Moonbeam did with her DC interview a few months back to which they just got all offensive on her. Probably why this is done on CBR than Rama since DC probably giving Rama THE EVIL EYE.

oh, sure it just moments like this who you see, again, how stupid DC feel their fans are. I'd rather see a no comment or we not going to talk about that instead of a clearly bury the head in sand approach and act like nothing happened was wrong.

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:08 pm

What happened to Jim Zub on Birds of Prey?

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 16 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:10 pm

Chesscub wrote:What happened to Jim Zub on Birds of Prey?

Ousted and threatened with no more work at DC if he speaks out, according to Bleeding Cool. :P
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:17 pm

I'm getting less and less inclined to buy DC books these days, and increasingly apt to buy Marvel. Shame, really.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:24 pm

nietoperz wrote:I'm getting less and less inclined to buy DC books these days, and increasingly apt to buy Marvel. Shame, really.

well i know for a fact in april you'll lose a title, I, Vampire ends then

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand