Advertisement

Legion Lost #16 Preview

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts

Legion Lost #16 Preview

Postby LOLtron » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:48 pm

Legion Lost #16 Preview

Final issue ! It all ends here !

Source: Crave Online

• Superboy and The Ravagers guest-star!

• In order to save billions of lives, the Lost Legionnaires must decide if they are willing to sacrifice millions when they detonate a bomb that will destroy the alien machine from Daggor!

• Plus, more on the origin of Harvest! 

Written by:  Tom DeFalco
Art by:  Andres Guinaldo, Mark Irwin
Cover by:  Tyler Kirkham, Batt

32 pages
$2.99 (U.S.)
On Sale:  January 16, 2013

Click the page link below for the Crave Online exclusive preview !

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 6 posts

Re: Legion Lost #16 Preview

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:34 pm

In #15 they made a point again of stating that there is no historical record of Harvest, and that the Superboy clone shouldn't exist in this time period. And during issue #6 (or so) they made it back to the future briefly but the entire planet was in ruins and abandoned so they came back to the present. I'm wondering if this title ends with this team discovering that they are from an altered time-line, or something they do now alters this time-line later.
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:21 am

What

The

F_CK

DeFalco ? ? !

That's how you end this title ? Okay we get one bit of good news
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
as Wildfire is conveniently reformed, but that's it.
The team is still trapped in the present.
Capt Adym (who is actually Captain Atom although that's never addressed here) goes back in time to replay all this again.
Nothing on Harvest, who he really is, or what any of his scheme was about.
Nothing about the desolate future the team wound up in for like 6 minutes 10 issues ago.
Nothing about why Superboy shouldn't even be in this time period.

The fucking story just stops with all kinds of dangling plot-lines not to mention the time paradox's that were just created by Adym going back further in time and "past" Gates reappearing. Which Gates appears at the end ? The one from issue #1 that reappeared to help "current" Gates ? ? If so, how would he have all the advance knowledge he's had all along ? Unless the "current" Gates get tossed back to the beginning of this title by the black-hole and he's the one that we've been reading about for the past 10 issues ? ? !

Grrrrrrrrr
:smt097 :smt097
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 21 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:11 am

DeFalco holds a place as my personal WORST writer of the Fantastic Four. Now he gets the same for the Legion.

A truly awful run that was kind enough to get cancelled rather than allow him to continue.

IvCNuB4, your spoiler reads better than this dreck. I'm amazed at how someone could take everything Fab had left behind and just smother into cancellation do quickly.

This whole Harvest/Teen Titans/Ravagers/ stuff was boring and held no interest. Hell, the last couple issues you couldn't even tell it was a Legion book except for the cover logo.

And Echo? Probably the most ill-conceived idea in years.

That none of these Legionnaires are dead anymore is a good thing but when they return, please, PLEASE let them be written by anyone else.

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:32 am

I've been following this title since issue #1. It seemed like DeFalco was actually leading to something with all the strange on-off comments and teases about all the secrets, traitors, agendas, etc. Granted, the title got cancelled before he might have had time to wrap it all up but he still had time to get to "Point B".

This just felt like the $47.84 rug was pulled out from under us.
-

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:28 pm

Inherently, I think the problem was that DeFalco's story wasn't a Legion story.

He may have had a plan and a pay-off but these weren't the characters to star in it (or not star in it as the last few issues seemed to cast the Legion into guest-star status).

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Rikk Odinson » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:38 pm

I haveta say that this book pretty much sucked.
Widfire is back to normal and Dawnstar is okay and that's really all I care about at this point. Hopefully they won't make it back to the future until after Giffen and Levitz are gone.

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:41 pm

Amoebas wrote:DeFalco holds a place as my personal WORST writer of the Fantastic Four. Now he gets the same for the Legion.

A truly awful run that was kind enough to get cancelled rather than allow him to continue.

IvCNuB4, your spoiler reads better than this dreck. I'm amazed at how someone could take everything Fab had left behind and just smother into cancellation do quickly.

This whole Harvest/Teen Titans/Ravagers/ stuff was boring and held no interest. Hell, the last couple issues you couldn't even tell it was a Legion book except for the cover logo.

And Echo? Probably the most ill-conceived idea in years.

That none of these Legionnaires are dead anymore is a good thing but when they return, please, PLEASE let them be written by anyone else.

Anyone beside Levitz and Giffen. Unless it's a Legionairre from the 50's they don't give a shit and unfortunately, I don't really give a shit about any Legionairres before 1970 so I'm not looking forward to the Losties getting back to the future anytime soon.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:55 pm

Rikk Odinson wrote:
Hopefully they won't make it back to the future until after Giffen and Levitz are gone.

Rikk Odinson wrote:Anyone beside Levitz and Giffen.

Not a Levitz/Giffen fan I take it?

Rikk Odinson wrote: Unless it's a Legionairre from the 50's they don't give a shit

I'd say Levitz in LSH has featured the new Legionnaire recruits more than the long timers.

Rikk Odinson wrote:I don't really give a shit about any Legionairres before 1970 so I'm not looking forward to the Losties getting back to the future anytime soon.

This just doesn't make sense when you consider only 1/7th of the team was created before 1970...
Wildfire ('68), Tyroc ('76), Dawnstar ('77), Chameleon Girl ('82), Tellus ('85) & Gates ('95) are all from after 1970, so by your own words, you should give a shit. :-D

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:11 pm

Amoebas"

I liked them back the first time around. Since then.....I can't think of one thing I liked about anything they've done since the Baxter days.

I'd say Levitz in LSH has featured the new Legionnaire recruits more than the long timers.
Seems to me all I read about is Brainiac 5, Dream Girl, Cosmic Boy, Element Lad and that lame-ass new Chemical Kid.

This just doesn't make sense when you consider only 1/7th of the team was created before 1970...
Wildfire ('68), Tyroc ('76), Dawnstar ('77), Chameleon Girl ('82), Tellus ('85) & Gates ('95) are all from after 1970, so by your own words, you should give a shit. :-D

Besides those characters, I really only like Shadow Lass, Timber Wolf, Karate Kid, Colossol Boy, The White Witch, and Projectra. P.S. You forgot Blok.

I don't want to turn this into a bitch fest because we get enough of that in Legion threads with the Nacirdouche, but I have never cared for all the Boy/Lad/Girl/Lass names and if I never have to read about Bouncing Boy, Duplicate Girl, or most all the other 50's and 60's Legionairres again I would be ecstatic.
The constant return to and focus on the first 15 LSHers is the biggest problem the Legion has had since the 90's, and until that changes, modern comics audiences are going to keep ignoring the LSH.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Rikk Odinson wrote: P.S. You forgot Blok.

My second favorite Legionnaire (and even in my top 10 comic book heroes) - I'd never forget him. But I wasn't listing random Legioonaires. I was listing Legion Lost Legionnaires created after 1970 that you infered you didn't give a shit about.

Rikk Odinson wrote:I don't want to turn this into a bitch fest because we get enough of that in Legion threads with the Nacirdouche,

No worries. I doubt you could ever stoop that low.

Rikk Odinson wrote: but I have never cared for all the Boy/Lad/Girl/Lass names and if I never have to read about Bouncing Boy, Duplicate Girl, or most all the other 50's and 60's Legionairres again I would be ecstatic.
The constant return to and focus on the first 15 LSHers is the biggest problem the Legion has had since the 90's, and until that changes, modern comics audiences are going to keep ignoring the LSH.

And I won't say your wrong. Nor can I say you're right either.

The Legion's two greatests eras (the Adventure run and the Levitz 80's run) were about a legion of super-heroes coincidently called the Legion of Super-Heroes. Keeping the focus on any small core grouping defeats the purpose. So in this sense, I agree with you.

But there are certain characters that can at times, transcend this rule because of their popularity. Hence, we get a lot of Brainiac 5 (my favorite Legionnaire and my all time #1 comic hero - so in his case, I don't mind his constant presence). The Legion Trinity (Garth, Imra & Rokk) likewise get this as they are not only popular but that they are the most iconic Legionnaires in the (limited) public eye.

Personally I love those classic characters. From Sunboy to Polarboy. From Triplicate Girl to Blockade Boy to Shadow Lass to Karate Kid. Yes the names are hokey but are they really any different from thier adult variations? If you can accept Spider-Man, Batman or Invisible Woman, is Invisible Kid or Duo Damsel really that much more difficult?

Right now, probably my least favorite Legionnaires are the new recruits and I'm flummoxed as to why they are getting so much attention. They have potential to be great Legionnaires but the book should be on the Legion and not just the Legion Recruits.

But back on topic - Legion Lost. I hope they show up somewhere soon. If for no other reason than for Superman to run into them.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 1 post
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:45 am

Amoebas wrote:

Wildfire was introduced in the 70's. (Superboy #195 June, 1973). One of the best Legion stories ever, BTW.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 1 post
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:55 am

Rikk Odinson wrote:Amoebas"

I liked them back the first time around. Since then.....I can't think of one thing I liked about anything they've done since the Baxter days.

Seems to me all I read about is Brainiac 5, Dream Girl, Cosmic Boy, Element Lad and that lame-ass new Chemical Kid.

Besides those characters, I really only like Shadow Lass, Timber Wolf, Karate Kid, Colossol Boy, The White Witch, and Projectra. P.S. You forgot Blok.

I don't want to turn this into a bitch fest because we get enough of that in Legion threads with the Nacirdouche, but I have never cared for all the Boy/Lad/Girl/Lass names and if I never have to read about Bouncing Boy, Duplicate Girl, or most all the other 50's and 60's Legionairres again I would be ecstatic.

Who's Nacirdouche? :smt017

On a more serious thought, the new members of the team haven't really excited me any. Most of them seem to be knockoffs of other characters anyway. (Dragonwing = Dragonmage, Chemical Kid = Chemical King, Gravity Kid = Star Boy) The only one I'm interested in vaguely is Glorith, because to see if she might be the "real" Glorith.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

UnionJack
Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:07 am

Rikk Odinson wrote:Amoebas"

Odinson, be thou so incensed by this 'Lost Legion' that thou hast lost the power of true speech?

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:05 pm

:lol:
-

leave a comment with facebook

Return to Previews