Advertisement

Arrow Annotations - "Burned"

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts

Arrow Annotations - "Burned"

Postby LOLtron » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:19 am

Arrow Annotations -

A look at some of the Easter Eggs from last night's episode!

Looking for Easter Eggs in the latest episode of ArrowArrow Annotations is here to help, providing some additional notes and background info from last night’s episode. 

Firefly – The deranged firefighter that Oliver faces this week is based off Firefly, a villain usually associated with Batman.  Originally, Garfield Lynns is a former pyrotechnic expert and special effects artists that eventually turns to crime, using lighting effects and optical illusions in his crimes.  When DC rebooted its continuity in 1985, Lynn develops pyromania and eventually builds a suit equipped with a flamethrower, wings and grenade launchers.  In an attack gone wrong, Firefly suffers burns from over 90% of his body, including his face.   

Firefly has been a staple villain in many of DC’s television and movie adaptation.  One of his most notable appearances is in the “Legends of the Dark Knight” episode of the Batman television series, which features a group of children sharing stories about Batman, each of which is based on a different era of the Caped Crusader’s career.   

Stagg Chemicals – Stagg Chemicals, the site of Firefly’s second attack, has been mentioned before on the show.  Stagg Chemicals is owned by Simon Stagg, one of the key antagonists of the DC hero Metamorpho.

Nodell Towers – Nodell Towers is probably a reference to Martin Nodell, the creator of the Golden Age Green Lantern.  Nodell worked under the pen name of Mart Dellon during his time at DC.  He also helped develop the Pillsbury Doughboy.

Ned Foster – Michael Daingerfield, the actor who plays Queen Industries’ COO Ned Foster, is a familiar face to Smallville fans.  He previously played the villainous Gordon Godfrey on Smallville and also appeared in the Catwoman movie in a minor role.

Quentin Lance’s Desk – Not really an Easter egg, but Quentin had a donut on his desk.  It made me chuckle. 

CNRI – In case you hadn’t caught it previously, the name of Dinah’s legal aid group is the City Necessary Resources Initiative.  Yeah, that’s not at all just a jumble of words thrown together to make “CNRI”. 

That's all I have this week.  Stay tuned for next week's Blackhawks-centric episode.

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 2 posts

Re: Arrow Annotations -

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:42 am

CNRI – In case you hadn’t caught it previously, the name of Dinah’s legal aid group is the City Necessary Resources Initiative. Yeah, that’s not at all just a jumble of words thrown together to make “CNRI”.

Not sure what you're point is here. Does "CNRI" have another meaning :smt017
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:49 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:

CNRI = Canary, as in Black Canary.

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:39 am

D'oh ! :smt021 :lol:
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:36 pm

God I hate this show.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

HNutz
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby HNutz » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:05 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:

Yeah, it took me a second, too. :)

avengingtitan wrote:God I hate this show.

I like how they're using actual bad guys and established characters, unlike Smallville's first year.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum