Friday, July 20, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Bring your own straight jacket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Gun Ads

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:09 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
If you don't give a shit about the second amendment then why do you expect anyone else to care about your "stance"? How do you feel about the fact that people who express your stance drive up gun sales after every massacre? Why do you think that by only appealing to your base that the other side will submit and real change will occur?

What are you on about my base? How do I drive up gun sales?

I literally have no idea what you're going on about and your posts in the alien thread make me question your sanity.

Beast In Show

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast In Show » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:29 pm

Jubilee wrote:
What are you on about my base? How do I drive up gun sales?

Your base is the "left" who are trying to bully everyone into accepting gun prohibition for the sake of the children. That's why after every massacre, gun sales skyrocket. The "right" is afraid that the "left" will bring about prohibition so they go out and buy AR's in record numbers.

I literally have no idea what you're going on about and your posts in the alien thread make me question your sanity.

It's ok, you only question my sanity because you are well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. What you and your base is doing is with all of your "data" is driving up gun sales. The more your kind bitches about guns, the more under-regulated guns end up on the street.

http://rt.com/usa/news/gun-colorado-people-percent-972/

http://www.kjonline.com/news/background-checksincrease-nationwide_2013-01-11.html

That is the goal your base is achieving with their divisive tactics, increased gun sales. Why do you think sales will eventually go down if your side continues bullying the opposition? Why would you expect the NRA to just give up?
Are you going to give up now that the NRA launched some target shooter apps?

Do you have any suggestions for a compromise that will respect both sides' concerns?

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:04 pm

http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/ab ... H.87.6.974

Purchasing a gun means you have double the odds of dying if you don't have one.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:56 pm

Jubilee wrote:

There is a pretty clear relation here Rockman and I think you'd have to have an agenda to miss it.

In America in the last 20 years there's been hundreds of thousands killed from guns. You're on almost 1,000 since Sandy Hook.

I'm posting articles in the hope that one person changes their mind a little, because if they have than there may be a small chance that someones children doesn't have to die.

That chart is meaningless to me for multiple reasons

One reason is it only measure gun related murders, if I look at murders as a whole Barbados is higher than the U.S. compared to where it lies on that list

Because you realize that people have other means to kill one another than guns, but you choose to hone in one thing because you have a irrational fear of firearms.

Over the past 20 years the amount of guns in my country has only increased by the rate of violent crime and homicides has fallen. There are an estimated 80 million gun owner over here but we should totally change our culture for the actions of %0.013 of the population of gun owners do :roll:

Of course the rational thing to do is to realize that 99.987% of the gun owners are responsible individuals who don't use their fire arms to engage in violent activities, and rather that punish him we should invest in efforts to put criminal behind bars.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:54 pm

In typical, "We have to pass the bill in order to find out what's in it" style, New York police now must arrest themselves for violating the new gun laws in that state. Seems they forgot to include an out for police to carry high cap magazines... :lol:

I wonder if Bloomberg's bodyguards also need to be arrested...

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:59 pm

achilles wrote:In typical, "We have to pass the bill in order to find out what's in it" style, New York police now must arrest themselves for violating the new gun laws in that state. Seems they forgot to include an out for police to carry high cap magazines... :lol:

I wonder if Bloomberg's bodyguards also need to be arrested...

Link? :lol:

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:24 am

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =169491667

Guy buys gun. Kills three people the same day.

America has hit the 1,000 dead since sandy hook.

Beast In Show

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast In Show » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:16 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2264529/Gun-shops-running-weapons-sales-surge-following-Sandy-Hook-massacre-despite-Obamas-gun-control-speech.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Despite all their best intentions, liberals continue drive up gun sales with their fear mongering.

Ironically enough, bullies like Twigg are turning out to be the best Gun Ads.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:42 pm

I've been meaning to buy a range gun for a while myself.

Just a simple lever or bolt action rifle, nothing fancy, just something I'd use at the shooting range every once in a while.

But guns are expensive and I can't really afford it right now, so what can you do :smt102

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:48 pm

Ntikrst wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2264529/Gun-shops-running-weapons-sales-surge-following-Sandy-Hook-massacre-despite-Obamas-gun-control-speech.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Despite all their best intentions, liberals continue drive up gun sales with their fear mongering.

Loonies like you should not have access to guns. This much is obvious.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:10 pm

I"m glad he's canadian

LobsterJ

phrase IV

Postby LobsterJ » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:20 pm

Ntikrst wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2264529/Gun-shops-running-weapons-sales-surge-following-Sandy-Hook-massacre-despite-Obamas-gun-control-speech.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Gun sales spiked after Obama's election as well, though he did nothing regarding gun control for his first term and had no inclination to do so.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:23 pm

He actually signed a bill which allowed you to carry in national parks.

So in a way his first term he reduced gun control.

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:35 pm

Jubilee, it's become clear that we need guns for when the ancient aliens come back and see what we've done with the place.

Beast In Show

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Beast In Show » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:16 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Jubilee, it's become clear that we need guns for when the ancient aliens come back and see what we've done with the place.

Pfffffttt... like that's going to do you any good When the Man Comes Around. :shock:

leave a comment with facebook