Advertisement

Green Lantern #16 Preview

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 167 posts

Postby LOLtron » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:10 pm

RISE OF THE THIRD ARMY marches toward its conclusion as Simon Baz meets his fellow Green Lantern for the first time, just as the Corps teeters on absolute destruction!

Source: Newsarama

• The Guardians of the Universe make their next move exploiting the power of the First Lantern.

• Plus: What’s happened to Hal Jordan and Sinestro since they’ve been sucked into the Dead Zone?

• The end of the Guardians’ control over the Corps is near as we prepare for the next big epic!

Written by:  Geoff Johns
Art by:  Doug Mahnke (Pencils);
Christian Alamy, Keith Champagne, Tom Nguyen, Mark Irwin (Inks)
Cover by:  Doug Mahnke

32 pages 
$2.99 (U.S.)
On Sale:  January 23, 2013

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 625 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Green Lantern #16 Preview

Postby Grayson » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:19 pm

I have been on the fence about this book ever since the zero issue. If the focus doesn't shift back to Hal and Sinestro, I'm dropping it.
ImageImageImage

Drcharles
crash test dummy

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Drcharles » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:01 am

I'm really enjoying this book, if they (DC) get rid of Simon Baz as Green Lantern then it will be total BS and bowing to pressure from the fanboys

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

oh and a pic of ben affleck playing a blind matt is enough to make me not take you seriously.....

Drcharles
crash test dummy

Postby Drcharles » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:02 am

I'm really enjoying this book, if they (DC) get rid of Simon Baz as Green Lantern then it will be total BS and bowing to pressure from the fanboys

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

oh and a pic of ben affleck playing a blind matt is enough to make me not take you seriously.....

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 240 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:18 am

I love the book, and have no problems with the Simon story going on.

Besides, where does it say "Green Lantern" must only be a Hal book?

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 228 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:24 am

Hal and Sinestro come back into focus in the next few issues as this arc wraps up and they move onto the next one featuring the First Lantern. Baz is mentioned also.
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:31 pm

Amoebas wrote:Besides, where does it say "Green Lantern" must only be a Hal book?

Green Lantern doesn't have to be a Hal only book but it seems a little wasteful to me to spend the first year telling a Hal and Sinestro story only to scrap it at the beginning of a Green Lantern crossover, in favor of telling the story of a completely new character whose story barely has anything to do with the actual crossover itself. Maybe some of us were actually interested in the prospect that Hal appeared to finally be ready to propose to Carol or maybe we were interested in seeing the roles reversed and Hal kept Sinestro on a short leash for awhile. Whatever the case, those story lines came to a screeching halt. If Johns wanted to tell another Green Lantern's story that's fine with me, there are literally thousands of other Green Lanterns out there he could have told a story about. He didn't have to create a new one whose story has been an example of incredibly lazy storytelling in my opinion.

That being said, I am simply waiting to see what Hal and Sinestro's fate will be before I decide for sure if I want to continue reading the title or not. If the title remains a Simon centric book, then I'm done. If somebody else likes it, that's cool, I'm glad this story is working for someone. I admit, I have probably stayed on this book a lot longer than I should have since I am not enjoying it considering how quickly I have been dropping other titles but as a longtime Green Lantern fan, it's hard for me to let this one go.
ImageImageImage

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:44 pm

I suspect that Johns took Sinestro and Hal off the table as they will probably be his 11th Hour Rescue team for the Third Army assault. Since the Third Army beings attack other organic living beings I bet this is why Hal & Sinestro are trapped in the Dead Zone (inside Black Hand's ring?).

Some of the future solicits make it sound like the Corps may be hit hard and losing members so possibly Baz ties into that as a replacement GL.
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

BatWatch
underclassman

Title: Surprisingly Delicious

Postby BatWatch » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:40 pm

Looks pretty cool. I really wish I could keep up with the Green Lantern universe. I'm not a Hal fan, but I would love to keep up with Kyle, and this new character looks promising. Is Baz looking to get his own series?
For more news, reviews, and commentary for Batman and the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net
http://www.BatWatch.net

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:21 pm

BatWatch wrote:Looks pretty cool. I really wish I could keep up with the Green Lantern universe. I'm not a Hal fan, but I would love to keep up with Kyle, and this new character looks promising. Is Baz looking to get his own series?

If you want to keep up with Kyle then you should probably check out Green Lantern: New Guardians. Kyle is the star of that book and honestly it wasn't been that bad when I stopped reading it. Baz is currently starring in Green Lantern and it looks like he will be featured in the upcoming Justice League of America series.
ImageImageImage

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 139 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:54 pm

Agreed that the story needs to revolve around Hal/Sinestro a little more esp. Sinestro.

I'd buy a Sinestro-GL book in a heartbeat.

BatWatch
underclassman

Title: Surprisingly Delicious

Postby BatWatch » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:07 pm

Grayson wrote:
If you want to keep up with Kyle then you should probably check out Green Lantern: New Guardians. Kyle is the star of that book and honestly it wasn't been that bad when I stopped reading it. Baz is currently starring in Green Lantern and it looks like he will be featured in the upcoming Justice League of America series.

I would really like to pick it up, but I've already exceeded my monthly comic budge with the whole BatWatch thing, so I've got to draw a line somewhere. Hopefully, I can still read it at some point down the line. The concept is intriguing.
For more news, reviews, and commentary for Batman and the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net
http://www.BatWatch.net

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:24 pm

Grayson wrote: Baz is currently starring in Green Lantern and it looks like he will be featured in the upcoming Justice League of America series.

And 50% less thugish looking :wink:

-

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:32 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:And 50% less thugish looking :wink:

Is it because he has sleeves or because he lost the gun? :smt102
ImageImageImage

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:40 pm

And more of his face is now shown :D
-

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to Previews