Advertisement

Is It Sad How Little We Talk About DC Nowadays?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 293 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Is It Sad How Little We Talk About DC Nowadays?

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:49 pm

coughTrinityWarcough :idea:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Advertisement

BatWatch
underclassman

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Surprisingly Delicious

Postby BatWatch » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:34 pm

I post mostly on ComicVine, and there are plenty of people talking about DC over there. Perhaps OutHouse is just less DC friendly. Also, Marvel has the whole relaunch going for it. I mean, nobody was talking about Marvel during the DCNU debut. That's not to say that DC is not in trouble. It very much so is in my opinion, but I don't think it is unreasonable for Marvel to be getting mostly publicity right now.
For more news, reviews, and commentary for Batman and the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net
http://www.BatWatch.net

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 257 posts

Postby Draco x » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:57 pm

BatWatch wrote:I post mostly on ComicVine, and there are plenty of people talking about DC over there. Perhaps OutHouse is just less DC friendly. Also, Marvel has the whole relaunch going for it. I mean, nobody was talking about Marvel during the DCNU debut. That's not to say that DC is not in trouble. It very much so is in my opinion, but I don't think it is unreasonable for Marvel to be getting mostly publicity right now.

I wouldn't say that Outhouse is less DC friendly as you put it but some people here are not fans of who is currently running the ship( Namely Didio and co). And to be fair while people have their gripes with Quesada over Marvel, he is not as villified as Didio is overall.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 170 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:58 pm

BatWatch wrote:I post mostly on ComicVine, and there are plenty of people talking about DC over there. Perhaps OutHouse is just less DC friendly. Also, Marvel has the whole relaunch going for it. I mean, nobody was talking about Marvel during the DCNU debut. That's not to say that DC is not in trouble. It very much so is in my opinion, but I don't think it is unreasonable for Marvel to be getting mostly publicity right now.

Oh trust me there was once a lot of us that were pro DC. Including myself. It's just that well.. DC handles their properties and characters like crap so we talk crap about them. Circle of life. :P

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:59 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:coughTrinityWarcough :idea:

*cough* Age of Ultron was here first Trinity Loser. *cough*

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 257 posts

Postby Draco x » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:19 pm

Zechs wrote:
Oh trust me there was once a lot of us that were pro DC. Including myself. It's just that well.. DC handles their properties and characters like crap so we talk crap about them. Circle of life. :P

Precisely. It's not necessarily that we hate DC is that we hate the direction that the company is going with many of its characters and properties which wreaks of the shit-for-brains syndrome that they won't shake.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 283 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:25 pm

Wonder Woman was good.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 293 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:33 pm

Zechs wrote:
*cough* Age of Ultron was here first Trinity Loser. *cough*

:lol: Actually I was replying to a post just before mine asking if Didio had the balls to reboot the reboot. But that person's post is gone now :smt017
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:58 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
:lol: Actually I was replying to a post just before mine asking if Didio had the balls to reboot the reboot. But that person's post is gone now :smt017

Great you Flashpointed the thread. Way to go. :P

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:12 am

Keb wrote:Wonder Woman was good.

I like it. And I've never liked Wonder Woman.

Odd that characters I've never liked, Aquaman and Wonder Woman, are actually books I enjoy out of the mess of the New 52.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 283 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:30 am

I think it has to do with her being able too appeal to people who aren't familiar with her. Her origin was nicely done and the supporting cast is linked to the mythology which opens the book up to a wider audience.

BatWatch
underclassman

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Surprisingly Delicious

Postby BatWatch » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:11 pm

draco x wrote:
I wouldn't say that Outhouse is less DC friendly as you put it but some people here are not fans of who is currently running the ship( Namely Didio and co). And to be fair while people have their gripes with Quesada over Marvel, he is not as villified as Didio is overall.

I've generally stayed out of the political elements of comics; I just enjoy the stories though I am beginning to pay more attention now that I'm doing BatWatch. Anyway, I don't know of Didio is a moron like so many seem to think, but I did not approve of the DCNU.

Zechs wrote:

:) Fair enough I suppose. I've always been rather Batman centric, and I've enver become too attached to Marvel properties except for Runaways and Exiles, but even though I'm firmly in the DC camp, I don't care for their recent decisions much myself...especially the recent hirings and firings. Something very odd is going on there.

MoneyMelon wrote:
I like it. And I've never liked Wonder Woman.

Odd that characters I've never liked, Aquaman and Wonder Woman, are actually books I enjoy out of the mess of the New 52.

That's what, more than anything else, kills me about the reboot. All the successful elements of the reboot were things that did not benefit from the reboot. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, New Lantern titles, new Batman titles...all of these things could have been done in the old universe. Things that actually changed like Green Arrow, Superman, and Teen Titans have suffered because of it.
For more news, reviews, and commentary for Batman and the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net
http://www.BatWatch.net

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Zechs wrote:

This describes me as well

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:44 pm

I think the biggest hit was the decline of the Superman books it seems more directionless and has too many start stops that it just does not seem that it is getting much attention. Also I do not fell that Grants book is really superman as much as a superman year one mini.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:05 pm

BatWatch wrote:
That's what, more than anything else, kills me about the reboot. All the successful elements of the reboot were things that did not benefit from the reboot. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, New Lantern titles, new Batman titles...all of these things could have been done in the old universe. Things that actually changed like Green Arrow, Superman, and Teen Titans have suffered because of it.

I completely agree.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand