Tuesday, June 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Yellow journalism at its finest."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Submit or Perish: Who Will Return from Age of Ultron?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:50 pm

Submit or Perish: Who Will Return from Age of Ultron?

A new Marvel teaser series hints that not everyone will make it out of Age of Ultron alive. The first two teasers show Red Hulk and Black Widow.

Source: Press Release

Marvel sent out these teasers for Age of Ultron titled Submit or Perish_, with the underscore representing an old school cursor that people who used computers back in 1985 will recognize instantly, and everyone else will think is a typo. The headline on the press release asks the question, "who will return from the Age of Ultron?" While the first two teasers seem to feature the Red Hulk and Black Widow, Marvel is likely to release twenty-seven more of these before the event launches, covering every minor hero in the event, so it'll be nearly impossible to predict who might die.

Nah, we're just kidding. It'll be a black guy. Marvel already killed a cripple in their last event, and it's a dangerous climate for killing chick characters. Look for Marvel to slip in a Falcon or Luke Cage teaser at some point in the coming week, and then we'll know who's biting it in the event. If we had to choose between the two featured below, however, we would definitely go with the Red Hulk, as he is obviously taking Lance Armstrong levels of performance enhancing drugs and looks like he's about to keel over any second.

Here's the press release:

Submit Or Perish: Who Will Return From The AGE OF ULTRON?

AGE OF ULTRON #1 (JAN130627)
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Art and Cover by BRYAN HITCH
On-Sale March 2013 A.U.

AGE OF ULTRON #2 (JAN130634)
On-Sale March 2013 A.U.

AGE OF ULTRON #3 (JAN130637)
On-Sale March 2013 A.U.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:58 pm

Apparently Natasha had a stroke that was treated with Super-Soldier serum resulting in abnormal musculature :shock:

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:20 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Apparently Natasha had a stroke that was treated with Super-Soldier serum resulting in abnormal musculature :shock:

Fucked with her ballet skills.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:30 pm

This one's going to be another one of those events that ends with a big old reset button being hit.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:33 pm

nietoperz wrote:This one's going to be another one of those events that ends with a big old reset button being hit.

And a whole bunch of new #1 issues!

:smt011

UnionJack

Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:35 pm

The Avengers has always been my favourite series & Ultron one of their best villains.
However, I'm just not bothering with this. Fed up with events especially when they pretty much all end up being a damp squib, or plain shit like Fear Itself.
Also find the tie-in policy with AU particularly offensive - 2 different versions with the obvious intent that fans will buy both.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:54 pm

nietoperz wrote:This one's going to be another one of those events that ends with a big old reset button being hit.

Nonsense, it's not like a comic company to reset a volume before a year....oh wait, nevermind.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:58 pm

I think this might be good actually. I expected a dud, but the teasers seem ok.

oogy

Zombie Guard

Postby oogy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:35 pm

The 3 times a month shipping schedule means I'm passing on this.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:04 pm

2013 AU is a distance not a time. :smt013

UnionJack

Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:49 pm

oogy wrote:The 3 times a month shipping schedule means I'm passing on this.

Yes, that too.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

GOSD wrote:
And a whole bunch of new #1 issues!

:smt011

No, not even. If this was happening a year or so down the line then sure, maybe, but I think this series is going to be the equivalent of a Star Trek: Voyager 'event' episode: bad stuff will happen, but someone will find a way to reset time, probably by doing something unethical that would cause people to scowl meaningfully at each other. Either way, it's not going to do a whole fuck of a lot to derail Marvel Now.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:39 pm

I loved "Year Of Hell" 8)

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:49 pm

New promo

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:21 pm

well I can't unsee that She-Hulk image :-(