Thursday, December 8, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not Multiversity!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Jimmy Olsen is a girl in the Man of Steel movie?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:23 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Nice job, GOSD.

:lol:

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:26 pm

BlueMole wrote:
I got defriended by someone on Facebook for making a Hitler joke on a post about Hitler. Apparently, you're allowed to get upset when someone stupidly compares gun control laws to Nazi laws, but you're not allowed to make jokes about Hitler being against free speech.

I guess I don't know the Hitler joke rules as well as I thought.

Some people are such Nazis when it comes to jokes.

DMM

Rain Partier

Postby DMM » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:30 pm

BlueMole wrote:
I got defriended by someone on Facebook for making a Hitler joke on a post about Hitler. Apparently, you're allowed to get upset when someone stupidly compares gun control laws to Nazi laws, but you're not allowed to make jokes about Hitler being against free speech.

I guess I don't know the Hitler joke rules as well as I thought.

GHERU is so overly sensitive sometimes.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:31 pm

False Prophet wrote:
Some people are such Nazis when it comes to jokes.

I wish the government would just round all those people up and send them off somewhere.

Like Hawaii. They probably just need to relax and enjoy life a little.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:45 pm

Man, all the good punchlines got used up while I was eating. :-(

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:56 pm

Interesting development here. We'll see how well it plays in the movie this year.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:17 pm

Hmm

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:35 pm

GOSD wrote:Doesn't bother me at all.

Didn't have a problem with Heimdell being a black dude either.

Agree, now if they made Jimmy / Jenny a Hermaphrodite that would be really mind blowing.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:45 pm

Rockman wrote:Image

Hmm

I know, right ? His boobs are bigger than hers :lol:

PinkDaddy

Steroid User

Postby PinkDaddy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:51 pm

I think it's cool. Though I like Jimmy, I've always thought of him as comic relief. He might seem too campy for the movie.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:59 pm

I'm not sure how to feel about it.

Having the sidekick be a woman is one thing, to actually make her Jenny Olsen just seems really silly. Ultimately it should have little to no bearing on the story, but I don't see they just didn't call her some other name as she is unlikely to be the same character as Olsen is in the comics.

Don't really care about the black Perry White thing, but casting a well known actor in the part, it's bound to be distracting like Martin Sheen and the Flying Nun were in Amazing Spider-man.

But I'm not expecting this movie to be good anyways, so I guess it doesn't really matter to me.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:21 pm

Rockman wrote:Image

Hmm

See she does not look scared in this picture more like she is taking a morning jog where the city is exploding.

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:31 pm

As long as she's Superman's best friend, I have no beef.

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:23 am

mrorangesoda wrote:As long as she's Superman's best friend, I have no beef.

I guarantee the major dynamic will change. Jimmy idolized Superman, wanted to be him, and eventually saw him as an older brother figure. Jenny will have a crush on him, possibly flirt with him. This is a Hollywood decision, it's going to be a 'sexy' change. I hope I'm wrong.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:06 am

I can't wait to see the DC six issue mini series encorporating this into the DCU.

Battle scars indeed.

leave a comment with facebook