Tuesday, July 26, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not CBR!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Rob Liefeld Leaks Self-Written Screenplay Based on Own Life

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:18 am

Rob Liefeld Leaks Self-Written Screenplay Based on Own Life

File this under: too bizarre to be true.

Source: Dream Movie Cast

Waking up this morning, I figured my day would be filled with light mockery of mega-events and a shot or two at Wolverine.  I was wrong. 

Rob Liefeld has written a screenplay for a movie entitled "Icons" chronicling the rise of Image Comics in the early 1990s.  What's more, he's leaked 13 pages of the script to the press and added his "ideal" casting choices, which include Chris Pine playing Liefeld, Christian Bale playing Todd Macfarlane and John Cho and Jim Lee. 

The leaked scenes include Todd Macfarlane acting like a fanatical cult leader, Terry Stewart trying to placate creator anger by purchasing Macfarlane a watch after the creator compares himself to a slave on a plantation, and Liefeld realizing he might be in over his head after an encounter with a gangsta rapper with AKs in the back of his car. 

I'd toss in a few jokes or something, but honestly, the script just speaks for itself.  Be sure to read the script in a place where you can laugh out loud. 

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:35 am

:shock:
:lol:

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:56 am

Argh ThanosCopter beat me to the greatest story of the year! :lol:

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:25 am

I always thought Liefeld would do something like this, but I just assumed it would have been one of those Starring: Rob Liefeld Directed by: Rob Liefeld Produced by: Rob Liefeld Written by: Rob Liefeld Casting by: Rob Liefeld Catered by: Rob Liefeld Sound by: Rob Liefeld Lighting by: Rob Liefeld Special Thanks: Rob Liefeld

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:58 am

And that could easily be marketed to different demographics.

Hell, with a few tweaks it could be a Harlequin Romance novel ... or a hot gay love story :lol:

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:07 am

You mean this is a real thing?

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:29 am

Oh man! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope he leaks the rest and someone makes this.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:35 am

Maybe he can get DeVito to play an angry pouch.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:41 am

Chesscub wrote:You mean this is a real thing?

Yup.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:46 am

Michael Bay turned down the project out of artistic integrity.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:51 am

Ok, time to put this place to use. We're a collection of the crankiest, snarkiest, LUTZ-iest nerds to ever shun the outdoors.

We can do this. SOMEONE get me a copy of the full script. We HAVE to read this, and host it forever on the website.*

*: Forever, or until a creeped out Todd McFarlane sends us a C&D

Pink_Orchid

The Virgin Connie Swail

Postby Pink_Orchid » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:08 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Argh ThanosCopter beat me to the greatest story of the year! :lol:

I figured you'd like this. Someone could devote a whole blog series on the antics of Liefeld,

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:21 pm

Lord Simian wrote:Ok, time to put this place to use. We're a collection of the crankiest, snarkiest, LUTZ-iest nerds to ever shun the outdoors.

We can do this. SOMEONE get me a copy of the full script. We HAVE to read this, and host it forever on the website.*

*: Forever, or until a creeped out Todd McFarlane sends us a C&D

No, what we need to do is get a bunch of us together and put on a stage performance of this. Possibly, we make it into a musical.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:29 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

No, what we need to do is get a bunch of us together and put on a stage performance of this. Possibly, we make it into a musical.

No Kirkman jokes

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:30 pm

"Icons" eh? I think it needs a more representative title. Maybe pastajoe should have a contest...

leave a comment with facebook