Advertisement

Frank And JoJo At The Comics: Batman #16

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 152 posts

Postby LOLtron » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:49 pm

Frankenstein, Former Agent of S.H.A.D.E., and MoJo JoJo team up to review comics. This time, Batman #16 (Death Of The Family tie-in)

Mojo: So, Batman #16 has arrived to be read the moment I purchase it from the shop that has comic books. I have waited very long and been very patient in the way this comic since I knew that the Joker like I Mojo Jojo would craft such an elaborate and crafted death trap for his foe, the Batman. For the inclusion of a horse, men dressed up as Batmen and Jokers' dancing, medieval knights trying to subdue the Dark Knight who is also a detective, and the final layers all to weave perfectly. Yeeeesssss, how I enjoyed this necessarily overtly complex plan.

Frank: If Frank be honest, Frank no really understand this issue.  Who “good guy?” Frank thought it was supposed to be Batman, but why he fighting someone who has new face? Frank often replaces body parts, that no make Frank bad guy!  Frank begin to root for Joker in last issue when all Batman did was say same thing over and over and over again.  Frank get it!

Frank need monkey JoJo to explain what Joker doing and why he staple new face on.  Does Joker need sewing lessons?  Frank help! Frank glad horse die, horses bad! Joker Bad? Frank like pretty pictures!

Mojo: Frank how many times must I tell you the thing that must be told! The Joker has no face! For his face is the one he has again plastered to his face. If it was a new face he'd have an eye patch and a trendy 90s hairdo like a Mohawk or something. Regardless, it is his old face to which is currently on his face. Though I agree with you why he hasn't gotten a new face to face Batman with or how a man can run around with no face for an entire year and no one would notice?

Secondly, what is it with the body parts stitched together? Did you ghost write this issue thus somehow stay unemployed no longer?!

Frank: Frank always happy MoJo JoJo here to explain things to Frank! Frank no know why DC is all about the stitched body parts now that Frank fired.  Almost as if big corporation see employee with good idea and steal it! Corporations are people too!

Seriously, Frank liked Death Of The Family when it start - keeping an eye on Babs’ legs for Bride of Frank - but story move too slow, even for Frank! Frank want someone to do something, and not in tie-in, in real book! Frank read Detective Comics and Frank no know where Batman find the time to run around so much and do so little!  Batman need shut-up and fight clown man and clown man need to get someone to look at that face, something not right!

Mojo: OF COURSE SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT FOR IT IS NOT RIGHT TO BEGIN WITH! Save the completely overtly detailed plot, this book failed for doing what the greatest writer of this era, Brian Michael Bendis does day in and day out in every comic he writes. Complexly detailed panels with complexly detailed splash pages that last a complexly long period of times. If only this story arc lasted longer than four issues. In that regard Scott Snyder fails! FAILS in having splash pages and long more intricate details on Batman's profound thoughts for his arch nemesis. For that this comic fails! FAILS! For that I shall speak no more of this comic that has failed to deliver to me what it was promised to do.

-----

Frank: like Frank say, he like Death Of The Family at first, but Batman #15 and #16 not good.  Frank give severed thumb down.

Mojo: The scale to which I shall rate this comic will be graded in the way that I MOJO JOJO deems fit. For the only way that I MOJO JOJO can deem this comic appropriate  is by giving it a grade of C. For the Joker is the only reason this comic succeeds in his web of complex traps to ensnare his arch foe who does nothing but walk into them and not complexly think how to get out of them. He just does. So yes I declare this comic subpar and average. Obviously this comic was not meant for my superior genius  intellect and for lowly minded simians who enjoy the most average of fare.

Written or Contributed by Frankenstein, Former Agent of S.H.A.D.E. & Mojo Jojo

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: Frank And JoJo At The Comics: Batman #16

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:11 pm

Seriously, Frank liked Death Of The Family when it start - keeping an eye on Babs’ legs for Bride of Frank - but story move too slow, even for Frank! Frank want someone to do something, and not in tie-in, in real book! Frank read Detective Comics and Frank no know where Batman find the time to run around so much and do so little! Batman need shut-up and fight clown man and clown man need to get someone to look at that face, something not right!

I'm with Frank! Plus, how much time did Joker spend sewing all those Arkham guys together? Frank could have done it in half the time and without all the loose stitching!

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 201 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:30 pm

the greatest writer of this era, Brian Michael Bendis does day in and day out in every comic he writes. Complexly detailed panels with complexly detailed splash pages that last a complexly long period of times.

:lol:
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 121 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:57 pm

Who could have co-written this?

Royal Nonesuch
Staff Writer

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:06 am

Why didn't Frank speak in all caps?
The witness said Mr Brown then called out to Ms Hay's adult daughter: "Look at this, I'm tittie-f***ing your mother!".

Jude Terror 12:19 AM
I put my dick in one of the bagels once.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 535 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:17 am

Royal Nonesuch wrote:Why didn't Frank speak in all caps?

When Frank writes more formal features, we assign him an editor. This has been going on since we signed him as a free agent. Unfortunately, when the editor tried to teach Frank how to write and punctuate correctly, Frank ripped off his arms and beat him with them. Since then, we let him do his Ask Frank column in all caps, and quietly pass his features through an editor and let them do all the work. You should know this, Royal, duh.

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 172 posts

Postby GHERU » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:40 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
When Frank writes more formal features, we assign him an editor. This has been going on since we signed him as a free agent. Unfortunately, when the editor tried to teach Frank how to write and punctuate correctly, Frank ripped off his arms and beat him with them. Since then, we let him do his Ask Frank column in all caps, and quietly pass his features through an editor and let them do all the work. You should know this, Royal, duh.

and even then, editing his work isn't the safest job on the board
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:43 am

Props to Frank for spell-checking his own Front Page articles, though :lol:

waits for Ru to figure out the joke
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby GHERU » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:51 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Props to Frank for spell-checking his own Front Page articles, though :lol:

waits for Ru to figure out the joke

:smt013
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:20 am

-

Johnny Smith
cheese

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:38 am

Can the Bass replace Frank? I think he'd provide more opinionated analysis :-D

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 131 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:08 am

Christ almighty, reading Mojo Jojo is like reading Zechs. i'm not sure there was a single properly constructed sdentence in that whole thing.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby GHERU » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:20 am

chap22 wrote:Christ almighty, reading Mojo Jojo is like reading Zechs. i'm not sure there was a single properly constructed sdentence in that whole thing.

RUviews

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 535 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:28 am

chap22 wrote:Christ almighty, reading Mojo Jojo is like reading Zechs. i'm not sure there was a single properly constructed sdentence in that whole thing.

What a strange coincidence...
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 131 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:34 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
What a strange coincidence...

i had my suspicions...
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand