Advertisement

Pro Wrestling Regains Stupidity Championship from Comics Industry as WWE Plans to Reboot Leprecaun Franchise

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 205 posts

Pro Wrestling Regains Stupidity Championship from Comics Industry as WWE Plans to Reboot Leprecaun Franchise

Postby LOLtron » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:13 pm

The new movie will star midget wrestler Hornswaggle.

Source: Crave Online

When it comes to being a major company run by carnival hucksters that treats its fans with disdain and relies on bilking more money out of a dwindling fanbase by recycling the same stories over and over and relying on past glory in juvenile and mildly homoerotic male power fantasy rather than trying to create a diverse product that appeals to a wider audience, major comic book publishers like Marvel and DC are pretty damn good at what they do. However, they could still stand to learn a few lessons from the originators of these business tactics in the professional wrestling industry, which invented the "mark," and in pro wrestling, no one is bigger than World Wrestling Entertainment.

Shooting down early rumors from Comicbooks.net that Joseph Gordon Levitt was being considered for the role, WWE has announced their plans to reboot the Leprecaun horror movie franchise, with lovable midget wrestler Hornswaggle in the titular role. The new movie will attempt to take the franchise in a more serious direction, more akin to the original movie, which WWE implies is considered some kind of horror classic, than the later ones like Leprecaun in da Hood. Naturally, a professional wrestler who exists for no other reason than comic relief is the perfect person to accomplish this lofty goal.

WWE president Michael Luisi explained the process that led to the new film in an interview with Crave Online:

Well, it’s controlled by Lionsgate and all of the movies that we’re doing now we do with co-producing, co-financing partners. I come out of 12 years at Miramax so I have a lot of relationships from the Miramax days and when I went out and pitched our new business model to the people I knew at Lionsgate, they said, “Hey, you know what would be kind of fun? Finding something to do with your guys with one of your superstars that revolves around one of our existing franchises.” And I said, “I’ve got the project for you: Leprechaun, Hornswaggle.” Our talent Hornswaggle who will play the Leprechaun in the reboot of the franchise.

Luisi went on to say that previous Leprechaun, Warwick Davis, will not have a featured role in the film, though WWE might be able to find a cameo role for him. Because this needs to be taken very seriously, and we can't let Davis's silliness sabotage the potential Oscar aspirations of Hornswaggle's sure-to-be brilliant performance.

We spoke to the ghost of deceased wrestler Macho Man Randy Savage for comment:

You know, let me tell you something Jude Terror. When Leprechaun walks down that aisle into movie theaters, dig it, moviegoers are gonna be in the daaaaaanger zone, yeah. That's West of London, England, East of the Pacific Ocean, South of Mars, and North of Hell, yeaah! Leprecaun is gonna drop the big flying elbow on the box office, dig it? Just like the Macho Man, yeah, won the Intercontinental Championship from George "The Animal" Steel at Wrestlemania 2! Oooooooooooooooh yeeaaaaaaaaahhhhh! Snap into a slim jim! 

He then accused us of making eyes at the lovely Miss Elizabeth, and we made a hasty exit before things got violent.

We'll keep you dumb marks updated on this project's development, provided WWE executives continue to consume the drugs that caused them to think this was a good idea in the first place.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 220 posts

Re: Pro Wrestling Regains Stupidity Championship from Comics

Postby GHERU » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:39 pm

RU approves! :smt026
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 199 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:45 pm

Knowing WWE they'll avoid having him talk to preserve his character and relegate the leprechaun to grunting and giggling the entire movie.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 54 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Hornswoggle

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 641 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:01 pm

Punchy wrote:Hornswoggle

Not according to the quote from Luisi, though I guess Crave might have written it up wrong.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 54 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:25 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Not according to the quote from Luisi, though I guess Crave might have written it up wrong.

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/hornswoggle

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:26 pm

Meh.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 258 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Um... This "news" was announced like, a year ago, wasn't it? They've been working on this since Hornswoggle was Vince's long-lost son, almost, I thought....

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:04 pm

Lord Simian wrote:Um... This "news" was announced like, a year ago, wasn't it? They've been working on this since Hornswoggle was Vince's long-lost son, almost, I thought....

I dunno, it made the rounds today, CraveOnline and MTVGeek.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:44 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I dunno, it made the rounds today, CraveOnline and MTVGeek.

Weird. Oh well, slow news day. :)

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:55 pm

My favorites were Leprechaun In Space and the one where he was in tha hood.

I don't want to see a Lep. movie without Warwick Davis, though. :-(

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:57 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:My favorites were Leprechaun In Space and the one where he was in tha hood.

I don't want to see a Lep. movie without Warwick Davis, though. :-(

Good news: you never will. If they haven't gotten this off the ground YET, they never will.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum