Saturday, June 25, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Ban Herald ASAP!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

J J Abrams Directing New Star Wars Film

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:06 pm

J J Abrams Directing New Star Wars Film

Deadline is reporting that J.J. Abrams is directing the new film.

Source: Deadline

BREAKING: J.J. Abrams to direct new Star Wars film, Deadline reports.

A source inside Disney, believed to be Deadline's version of Rich Johnston dressed in a Donald Duck costume, claims that "it's a done deal with J.J." Star Wars Episode 7 was first announced when Disney purchased Lucasfilm back in October, and speculation on who would direct the film has been rampant ever since. Michael Arndt is writing the screenplay for the film, which is due out in Summer, 2015.

No word yet on whether Abrams' move to the Star Wars franchise will label him a traitor amongst fans of Star Trek, another space-based hardcore nerd property that Abrams rebooted in 2009. The next Abrams Star Trek film hits theaters on May 17.

Abrams was rumored to be directing Episode 7 as early as November, but the rumors were quickly debunked. We guess things have changed.

The Outhouse will update as soon as ThanosCopter emerges out of traffic. 

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Star Wars VII: Attack of the Lensflare

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:54 pm

Shouldn't be in charge of both Star things IMO.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:55 pm

sdsichero wrote:Star Wars VII: Attack of the Lensflare

Wait I thought he already was doing that? Wait that was Star Trek? Oh.. OH! Poor Trekkies.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:57 pm

https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/294574386764189696

Dan Slott @DanSlott wrote:The Death Star blows up a planet... The Genesis Device brings it back. :-) JJ Abrams Cross-Over! Why not?

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:05 pm

I thought the Genesis machine needed a dead planet, not an atomized one.

Nice try, Chumley. :roll:

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:31 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Shouldn't be in charge of both Star things IMO.

"My god – it's full of stars!"

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:50 pm

Yeah, not a fan of this decision.

My biggest concern (from the get go, really) being that this will not be treated so much as a continuation of the franchise, but more as a revitalization and rebranding of the image. Putting JJ on this kinda assures that. I don't think that is what the francise needs, I just think it needs direction and the green light that it hasn't had for so many years. There wasn't really anything wrong with the universe per se, but I think with JJ at the helm that is the way he will tackle it. I can see him looking at it and saying, "What can I do differently? What can I do to make this fresh?" Which is exactly what I don't want. :-(

Of course this is all conjecture on my part, but it is the feeling I get in my gut.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:09 pm

I think he's a better fit for the Star Wars franchise, but I agree with T in that I hope this isn't a rebranding. I think he's at the point where he should be concentrating on his own big-budget franchises.

Apache Chef

Expert Post Whore

Postby Apache Chef » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:21 pm

I don't think it'll be a rebranding situation. Super 8 was done in 80's Spielberg style. I imagine he'll treat SW7 in a similar fashion.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:22 pm

Royal Nonesuch wrote:

"My god – it's full of stars!"

:lol:

(Gawd, he'll probably remake that next!)

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:39 pm

I cant wait to see young Luke Jr lose command of the newly recommisioned Millenium Falcon to a coming-out-of-retirement Han Solo, to travel deep into a space cloud to discover the true threat: V'der, a long lost Imperial probe which has gained sentience and searches for The Maker. Luke Jr will use the Force to combine himself with V'der, declaring "I want this, Uncle Han. like you wanted the Falcon, I want THIS."

But then, Disney sequels switch genders, use the main character's opposite-sex child (Simba's daughter, Lady's son, etc.)... Forget Luke Jr. It'll hafta be Luke's daughter, Padme.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:48 pm

Lord Simian wrote:I cant wait to see young Luke Jr lose command of the newly recommisioned Millenium Falcon to a coming-out-of-retirement Han Solo, to travel deep into a space cloud to discover the true threat: V'der, a long lost Imperial probe which has gained sentience and searches for The Maker. Luke Jr will use the Force to combine himself with V'der, declaring "I want this, Uncle Han. like you wanted the Falcon, I want THIS."

But then, Disney sequels switch genders, use the main character's opposite-sex child (Simba's daughter, Lady's son, etc.)... Forget Luke Jr. It'll hafta be Luke's daughter, Padme.

Ah, I cannot get away from this. Your flooding the net. :grin:

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:51 pm

bkthomson wrote:
Ah, I cannot get away from this. Your flooding the net. :grin:

Have to. That way, when he does this... (He will. Search your feelings, you know this to be true.) I can sue for him stealing my idea, and claim you all as witnesses!

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:08 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I thought the Genesis machine needed a dead planet, not an atomized one.

Nice try, Chumley. :roll:

No. It created Genesis from the Mutara Nebula.

leave a comment with facebook