Advertisement

Ethan Van Sciver New Ongoing Artist For BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 167 posts

Postby LOLtron » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Ethan Van Sciver will be the new ongoing series artist for BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT as artist David Finch moves on to Justice League America.

Source: DC Blog

From a Press Release at DC’s site:

Ethan Van Sciver will be the new ongoing series artist for BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT as artist David Finch moves on to Justice League America.

Joining New York Times bestselling writer Gregg Hurwitz, Van Sciver will make his debut on the series with issue #16, which travels into the twisted world of the Mad Hatter. In the issue, Batman discovers a trail of bodies but no leads as he realizes that this is unlike any Mad Hatter case he’s seen before.
 Van Sciver is excited to get back into monthly comics, and draw a bit fasteras he did in his days with Impulse than his work in recent years. He says drawing for Hurwitz is "very, very challenging," but praises the writer's dense stories. As for Batman himself, Van Sciver says it's just the right fit now, getting to focus on urban decay and insane villains.

Van Sciver says:
With Scarecrow, a lot has already been said about who is he, but not a lot has been said about the villain we've chosen: the Mad Hatter. It really is going to be a revelation to a lot of Batman fans who have seen this villain around for a long time but haven't given as much thought as to what makes him tick. We're inventing a lot of things as we go along with it.

To read more details of an exclusive interview with CBR, click here.

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 228 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Ethan Van Sciver New Ongoing Artist For BATMAN: THE DARK

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:27 pm

For the Van Sciver fans this is on sale this coming Wednesday !
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Psivage
FROGMAN

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: shake it baby, shake it good!
Formerly: Cat-Psivage

Postby Psivage » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Whatever happen to Cyberfrog?

both made by Cat-Scratch

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 52 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Ethan is an exceptional artist and the bat books have largely been spared the reboot treatment. Should be good

Drcharles
crash test dummy

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Drcharles » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:27 pm

I love his art, so whatever he works on I will buy.........

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

oh and a pic of ben affleck playing a blind matt is enough to make me not take you seriously.....

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:10 pm

I like Van Sciver's art, but I really don't want to pick up another Batman book. Batman and Batman & Robin is more than enough for me.

I wish he was the artist on Snyder's book.

UnionJack
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby UnionJack » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:12 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:I like Van Sciver's art, but I really don't want to pick up another Batman book. Batman and Batman & Robin is more than enough for me.

I wish he was the artist on Snyder's book.

This is my quandary too. I already get Batman, Detective, B&R and Batman Inc. Looking to drop some Bat-Titles not add to them. Thinking of just going with the originals, Batman & Detective.
The character is over-used, like Wolverine. I know it's comics but it's ridiculous that one character has 5 cases/adventures going on at a time.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand