Advertisement

Powerpuff Girls Special Announced

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby LOLtron » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:59 am

More details of the Powerpuff Girls return to television is revealed at Cartoon Network's press release for the 2013-2014 season.

Source: Cartoon Network 2013-2014 Upfronts Press Release Lists New and Returning Network Shows

Today Cartoon Network released a press release detailing their schedule for the 2013-2014 season. Included in the release was more details on the Powerpuff Girls' return, which is now revealed to be a special. It will have all the original voice actors reprising their roles (YES! YES!  There is hope beyond hope that means Roger L. Jackson might  return as Mojo Jojo thus proving once again there is only room in this universe for one Mojo Jojo and he is the one who shall be Mojo Jojo!) The special will be CG animated as well. Here's the official release on the special:

The Powerpuff Girls Special: “Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice…plus a dash of mysterious Chemical X” were the essential ingredients that created Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup—also known as The Powerpuff Girls. This groundbreaking and Emmy®-winning series, created by Craig McCracken, ran on Cartoon Network from 1998-2005 and will soar again as a brand-new, redesigned and re-imagined CG special coming in 2013 where the trio of pint-sized super heroines will be called upon to rescue not just the city of Townsville, but the USA and the world! Featuring an original song “I Wish I Was A Powerpuff Girl” performed by Beatles legend Ringo Starr, who also portrays Townsville’s most famous flamboyant mathematician, “Fibonacci Sequins,” this all-new original special comes from a powerhouse creative team featuring animation talent from around the globe including acclaimed director Dave Smith and award-winning art director Kevin Dart and is produced by Cartoon Network Studios in association with UK’s Passion Pictures. The special also features the original voice cast reprising their iconic roles and will premiere later this year.

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Black_Orchid
The Virgin Connie Swail

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Pink Peril

Re: Powerpuff Girls Special Announced

Postby Black_Orchid » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:34 pm

This is good news. I wonder if we can get a Kim Possible special from Disney.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:37 pm

Curious to see how they'll look CGIed.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:17 pm

misac wrote:Curious to see how they'll look CGIed.

Why didn't Mojo Jojo write this article?

Zechs
Staff Writer

Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:34 pm

sdsichero wrote:

Why didn't Mojo Jojo write this article?

Frank's holding him hostage.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Zechs
Staff Writer

Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:42 pm

The "supposed" new look (but Ricch's BC got this info from /co/ which of course is where I got my info but the info was from a random source and no real conformation. SO TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT!!!)

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum