Advertisement

Giffen already leaving Legion?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 655 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Re: Giffen already leaving Legion?

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:33 pm

The entire concept of this book is built on a stupid idea.

Teens save a dude, so this dude makes this afterschool club into the interplanetary protective squad?

Retarded.

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 126 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:55 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:The entire concept of this book is built on a stupid idea.

Teens save a dude, so this dude makes this afterschool club into the interplanetary protective squad?

Retarded.

So does the guy who fights crime dressed as a winged rodent.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
So does the guy who fights crime dressed as a winged rodent.

He is crazy, it makes sense. Having a bunch of kids be appointed by the govt to be the protectors is dumb.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:12 pm

Why does DC still bother with Legion of Superheroes at this point?

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:13 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:Why does DC still bother with Legion of Superheroes at this point?

Johns and Co. trying to redo the silver age

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:48 pm

It just seems like it never sells well, fans always hate it and it they just keep pumping it out for the sake of having a LOSH book in the line.

They should just walk away from it for a few years until somebody figures out what to do with it.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:55 pm

DnA's Legion Lost was an amazing story and I hate the Legion. I've picked up books here and and thee and I've hated it.

Great Darkness saga I found mediocre

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:13 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
He is crazy, it makes sense. Having a bunch of kids be appointed by the govt to be the protectors is dumb.

You might have a point. It's why the Threeboot was more interesting because the team was independent and somewhat antagonistic towards the UP (etc.).

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:19 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:It just seems like it never sells well, fans always hate it and it they just keep pumping it out for the sake of having a LOSH book in the line.

The problem is that is did sell well at one point in history. Then DC shot itself in both feet trying to making Legion and New Teen Titans baxter books, and then trying to reprint year-old stories in the newsstand books.

They should just walk away from it for a few years until somebody figures out what to do with it.

Sadly, that's probably gonna happen. Only it's gonna be about 5-10 years instead of a "few."

- Sons of the Desert

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:23 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:DnA's Legion Lost was an amazing story and I hate the Legion. I've picked up books here and and thee and I've hated it.

GDS was never my favorite Legion story. The Levitz-Giffen-Brodrick issues leading up it were all better, imho.

I'd put at least four or five stories above it on my list of best Legion stories.

- Sons of the Desert

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:08 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
The problem is that is did sell well at one point in history. Then DC shot itself in both feet trying to making Legion and New Teen Titans baxter books, and then trying to reprint year-old stories in the newsstand

Yeah, it sold well like 30 years ago. Times change, though. Time to move on. No sense in forcing a book into a market that clearly nobody wants. This should be a low priority until somebody figures out what to do with it. Pumping out the same garbage over and over just does more damage to the property.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 155 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:33 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:
Yeah, it sold well like 30 years ago. Times change, though. Time to move on. No sense in forcing a book into a market that clearly nobody wants. This should be a low priority until somebody figures out what to do with it. Pumping out the same garbage over and over just does more damage to the property.

The exact same thing is happening with the Captain Marvel franchise, and that's actually a much stronger property.

Hab

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:35 pm

If DC can't put a good Superman book on the shelves, I have no faith in them doing anything interesting with the bargain basement Superman.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 98 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:42 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:DnA's Legion Lost was an amazing story and I hate the Legion. I've picked up books here and and thee and I've hated it.

Legion Lost is probably the best Legion of Super-Heroes story ever written. It's definetely one of my favorites.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:44 pm

habitual wrote:
The exact same thing is happening with the Captain Marvel franchise, and that's actually a much stronger property.

Hab

I can't call "Captain Marvel" a strong property when DC can't even call him Captain Marvel in the title of a comic book.

- Sons of the Desert

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand