Thursday, September 29, 2016 • Evening Edition • "All nerds welcome. Bring your own toilet paper."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

What Graphic Novel Are You Reading?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:35 pm

About 1/3 in. Loving it. This is really cool to read.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Finally found a copy of Paul Hornschemeier's Mother Come Home to complete my collection of his hardcover graphic novels (except all the rest of them are signed).

There are only a handful of people writing and drawing OGNs on the same level as he is, it's sure to be brilliant stuff.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:39 pm

Zero wrote:Image

This was excellent, as expected.

This was pretty sad, I really didn't want it to end like that!

Gene Ha is one of the artists in that arc? I always love Ha's pages.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:43 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Finally found a copy of Paul Hornschemeier's Mother Come Home to complete my collection of his hardcover graphic novels (except all the rest of them are signed).

There are only a handful of people writing and drawing OGNs on the same level as he is, it's sure to be brilliant stuff.

I read that years ago. It's about the kid who wears an animal mask and his dad right? The mother dies or something? It's extremely sad.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Keb wrote:I read that years ago. It's about the kid who wears an animal mask and his dad right? The mother dies or something? It's extremely sad.

You are correct, sir!

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:11 am

Arion wrote:
Gene Ha is one of the artists in that arc? I always love Ha's pages.

Yeah, he draws a Big Bad Wolf flashback story. Nice little fairy tale, really pretty art.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:20 am

Scalped vol 7-10

finally

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:07 pm

Zero wrote:
Yeah, he draws a Big Bad Wolf flashback story. Nice little fairy tale, really pretty art.

Oh, sounds like I should be reading it.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:32 pm

The Sword vol 3 - Earth: Pretty mediocre. There were some cool things like the dude making himself into a giant mountain man and the girl getting her mouth punched off then putting it back on. It was pretty boring though. This kind of reminds me of LOST without the edginess. Not even sure I want to finish this series.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:03 am

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Punchy wrote:Image

So how is it? Good?

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:43 pm

Arion wrote:
So how is it? Good?

It is very good.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:50 pm

The Eternals by Jack Kirby vol 1: I was expecting more along the lines of Fourth World but was surprised to see something else. The stories are more reality-based and its fun to try and draw out where he's getting his characters from. I must say that the one thing I'm not too fond of is the lack of character development because I want to learn more about each character but I also findthat there are probably more characters than issues in this series. It makes me sad. I love how packed each issue is though.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:00 am

Arion wrote:
So how is it? Good?

It's excellent, the artwork is some of the most intricate amazing stuff I've ever seen, like JH Williams Promethea level stuff.

The story is compelling too, I liked Blankets, but this is a whole other level.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Punchy wrote:
It's excellent, the artwork is some of the most intricate amazing stuff I've ever seen, like JH Williams Promethea level stuff.

The story is compelling too, I liked Blankets, but this is a whole other level.

Sounds really amazing then. It is in black and white or in color?

leave a comment with facebook