Advertisement

Thor: The Dark World - Asgard Vs ?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 322 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:12 pm

Will Asgard go up against some Sinister villains in the upcoming movie?

Source: New Thor: The Dark World Details Revealed

A few tidbits were let loose about Thor: The Dark World in an interview with Marvel Studios executive producer Craig Kyle.

One curious piece of information was in the description of some of the story as a "rag-tag invaders known as The Marauders" attack Asgard and leave it in a weakend state for the Dark Elves.

Marvel comic fans may find the name "Marauders" familiar as they were the henchmen of Mr. Sininster in Uncanny X-Men.

The Marauders

There is a good chance that those Marauders are unavailable (since Fox generally has the X-related content), but it is something for fanboys to debate about.

Kyle also said that we'll see the "nooks and crannies of Asgard and its people" and get more of Asgard's commoners than the palace folk.

He describes the film as a blend of genres, high science fiction, gritty fantasy, and realism; and says "Thor [The Dark World] is, until Guardians of the Galaxy hits, by far our most wild, fringe Marvel piece."

We'll find out on November 8, 2013.

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1275 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Thor: The Dark World - Asgard Vs ?

Postby Grayson » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:39 pm

LOLtron wrote:One curious piece of information was in the description of some of the story as a "rag-tag invaders known as The Marauders" attack Asgard and leave it in a weakend state for the Dark Elves. Marvel comic fans may find the name "Marauders" familiar as they were the henchmen of Mr. Sininster in Uncanny X-Men.

There is a good chance that those Marauders are unavailable (since Fox generally has the X-related content), but it is something for fanboys to debate about.

I would be more inclined to believe that these "Marauders" are simply a group of outlaws and/or bandits who choose to attack Asgard while it is still recovering after the events of the first movie and the destruction of the Bifrost bridge. I doubt that there will be any real connection between these marauders and the X-Men villains.

Kyle also said that we'll see the "nooks and crannies of Asgard and its people" and get more of Asgard's commoners than the palace folk.!

I kinda hope that this means we might get an adaption of Kelda and Bill the fry cook's story from JMS's run. Wishful thinking perhaps but I can dream.
ImageImageImage

mrorangesoda
FROGMAN

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Be the leaf

Postby mrorangesoda » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:15 pm

I'm looking forward to the Surtur "Doom" post credit sequence that I assume is coming.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 412 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:34 pm

mrorangesoda wrote:I'm looking forward to the Surtur "Doom" post credit sequence that I assume is coming.

Yeah!

Thor did save Angel from Harpoon and Scalphunter in the comics.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum