Advertisement

Superman #16 Preview

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 244 posts

Superman #16 Preview

Postby LOLtron » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:34 pm

Superman #16 Preview

The “H’EL ON EARTH” crossover event takes a shocking turn!

Source: Newsarama

• Guest-starring THE JUSTICE LEAGUE!

• The Man of Steel leads Wonder Woman, Batman, Cyborg, the Flash and Superboy on the final assault on the Fortress of Solitude!

• Can Superman stop H’El when Supergirl is standing in the way?

Written by:  Scott Lobdell
Art & Cover by:  Kenneth Rocafort

32 pages
$2.99 (U.S.)
On Sale:  January 30, 2013

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 464 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Re: Superman #16 Preview

Postby troysshr » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:33 pm

Probably in the minority but I have really been enjoying this story arc.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1046 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:47 pm

Have they gotten around to explaining who or what H'el is yet?
ImageImageImage

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 464 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby troysshr » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:00 pm

Grayson wrote:Have they gotten around to explaining who or what H'el is yet?

Before Krypton was destroyed he was a student of Jor-El who was his mentor. He was the first Kryptonian to fly a manned space craft, sort of a prototype of the craft that would be for baby Kal-El. He was going on exploratory missions for Jor-El but something happened and he got for lack of a better phrase "lost in space" for years which changed him in different ways and he returned to find his home destroyed. This is all just speculation though, because this is what he has said about himself so it could all be lies. Lex seems to know more about him than Superman does as well and I think he may have something to do with Brainiac.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 138 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:49 pm

Haven't read Superman since the zero issue. It's a shame DC tossed out the Man of Steel Krypton for some generic sci-fi slop of a mess. It's pretty much looks like Earth culture with spaceships tossed in. Nothing feels alien about it.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 316 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:52 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:
Before Krypton was destroyed he was a student of Jor-El who was his mentor. He was the first Kryptonian to fly a manned space craft, sort of a prototype of the craft that would be for baby Kal-El. He was going on exploratory missions for Jor-El but something happened and he got for lack of a better phrase "lost in space" for years which changed him in different ways and he returned to find his home destroyed. This is all just speculation though, because this is what he has said about himself so it could all be lies. Lex seems to know more about him than Superman does as well and I think he may have something to do with Brainiac.

So, long story short: Probably not.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 368 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:48 am

Grayson wrote:Have they gotten around to explaining who or what H'el is yet?

Just brief tidbits here and there. The flashback in the preview is the first time we've actualy "seen" it. But things are obviously not what they seem with him.

About time Kara is finally starting to get a fucking clue (see preview) :lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Herald
biny little tird

Postby Herald » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:43 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:About time Kara is finally starting to get a fucking clue (see preview) :lol:

I don't know why, but Supergirls tend to be slow on the uptake when it comes to piecing together that the guy they're working with is Obviously Evil. Post-Crisis SG fell in love with and helped out Lex Luthor II for ages before she finally got wise. And pre-Flashpoint Supergirl had Daddy's implanted orders to kill Superman, which she should have shook off sooner.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 138 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:53 pm

Herald wrote:
I don't know why, but Supergirls tend to be slow on the uptake when it comes to piecing together that the guy they're working with is Obviously Evil. Post-Crisis SG fell in love with and helped out Lex Luthor II for ages before she finally got wise. And pre-Flashpoint Supergirl had Daddy's implanted orders to kill Superman, which she should have shook off sooner.

Two dead hookers!

Worse...When Herald links two TV tropes in a row, Craig James eats a panda.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Herald
biny little tird

Postby Herald » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:29 pm

Juan Cena wrote:

Two dead hookers!

Worse...When Herald links two TV tropes in a row, Craig James eats a panda.

Tastes Like Chicken!! :-D :P

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 368 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:11 pm

Cliffs-Notes spoilers

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
The Justice League, Supergirl and Superboy are involved in a huge battle at the Fortress of Solitude over a powerful being who calls himself H'El and claims to be Kryptonian. He claims that he wants to restore Krypton by activating a device in the Fortress, and Supergirl wants to help him. But everyone else in the story has realized that the device H'El is activating will destroy the solar system and Earth. So they're trying to stop H'El and Supergirl.

But issue #16 starts with a flashback to H'El's story of his time on Krypton. He claims to be Jor-El's beloved assistant, and he says that Superman's own parents presented him with the crest of the House of El (that "S" symbol).

When he tells the story to Supergirl, she thinks it's odd that she doesn't remember any of it. Of course she doesn't. As readers know, this isn't the only clue we've been given that H'El's story is whacked. We also know he's purposely withholding information from Supergirl about how damaging his plan will be to Earth.

Is H’El flat-out lying about his past on Krypton? Or does he truly believe what he's saying?

Apparently Supergirl isn't picking up on these hints, though, because she not only believes H'El ... she gives him a big smooch. Yuck.

Lack of attractiveness aside, He’ll has some really impressive powers. As Cyborg tries to Boom-teleport the team, H'El relocates their destination each time. (This isn't your daddy's Kryptonian, and it's becoming obvious he's probably not Kryptonian at all, am I right?)

Finally, Superman uses his superspeed to tackle H’El, and Superboy face-plants Supergirl. Score one for the good guys. But the success is short-lived. H’El transports himself, Supergirl and the entire Fortress away from Superman and his allies. He activates the device. D'oh!

But that's not all. The herald of Oracle (who has been shown to readers in the last couple issues) says something ominous about his master's impending arrival. Oracle is coming! And according to his herald, it's the second time he's come to Earth.

Out in space, we see the entity known as Oracle, and he/it destroys a starship. And the caption tells us that "The Oracle has a sacred trust it must fulfill... to bear witness to the end of the world." Uh oh.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to Previews