Advertisement

Duncan Jones is Going to Direct the Warcraft Movie

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 206 posts

Postby LOLtron » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:46 pm

The writer-director of Moon will helm the big screen battles of orcs and knights.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Blizzard Entertainment, the video game publisher known for such hits as Starcraft and Diablo, has been trying for some time to get a movie based on their signature franchise Warcraft off the ground.  For a while, Sam Raimi was supposed to direct the thing, but that didn't work out.

Now, according exclusively to The Hollywood Reporter, Duncan Jones, the erstwhile Zowie Bowie who is the writer-director of 2009's science fiction indie hit Moon (and the director of 2011's, less interesting but still not too bad Source Code) is going to take on the Warcraft movie. The film will be co-producec by Legendary Pictures and Blizzard. The budget is supposedly somewhere around $100 million, and should feature many intense battle scenes of orcs attacking cities human cities, but hopefully turns out to be a strong character piece about grunts whose sole purpose in life is to chop down trees and build a barracks. 

Written or Contributed by Royal Nonesuch

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 410 posts
Formerly: AMS

Re: Duncan Jones is Going to Direct the Warcraft Movie

Postby Rockman » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:50 pm

I don't believe this movie will ever see the light of day.

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 136 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:04 pm

With WoW's built in audience base, this will be a financial hit regardless of quality. If it's actually good, it could break records. Surprised it took so long.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 488 posts

Postby HNutz » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:36 pm

Log-Man wrote:With WoW's built in audience base, this will be a financial hit regardless of quality. If it's actually good, it could break records. Surprised it took so long.

I dunno... it wasn't true for Dungeons & Dragons.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 311 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:53 am

HNutz wrote:
I dunno... it wasn't true for Dungeons & Dragons.

True when the majority of your fan base wont leave the basement or pisses themselves at the idea of making eye contact with someone while speaking doesn't always make for the best business model.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 136 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:30 am

Even at its most popular, though, D&D was never the money making machine with the total number of addicts that WoW is today. If even half of the people playing WoW in the US go to see it in the theater one time, it makes its money back and then some. A movie ticket costs less than a one month subscription, and there are people out there paying for multiple subscriptions at once. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, even for anti-social basement dwelling geeks (which is actually the minority, believe it or not).

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 83 posts

Postby misac » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:42 am

Never played the games but I'd go see it.

I'd like an Elder Scrolls movie.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum