Advertisement

Stan Lee Cancels Megacon Appearance, Calls Florida "Worse Than Ohio"

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 244 posts

Stan Lee Cancels Megacon Appearance, Calls Florida "Worse Than Ohio"

Postby LOLtron » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:41 pm

Stan Lee Cancels Megacon Appearance, Calls Florida

Stan is said to be okay, but taking a short break from second-rate conventions in states that suck.

Source: Bleeding Cool

The Facebook page for Orlando, Florida's Megacon announced today that Stan "The Old Man and the" Lee has canceled his scheduled appearance at the convention, which was to take place from March 15 to March 17. The announcement follows last week's news that Lee canceled an appearance at Arizona Comic Con. Lee also canceled appearances in 2012, but it was later revealed that the 90 year old legend was undergoing bionic enhancements.

According to Megacon, Lee is "okay, but is taking a small break from convention appearances." However, a source inside the Lee camp tells The Outhouse that Lee is purposely avoiding Megacon because "Florida is a terrible place, worse than Ohio."

"If I didn't want to go to Ohio last year, why would I go to Florida, where people from Ohio go to die?" asked Lee, allegedly. "Seriously, there are more Ohioans in Florida's retirement communities than in Ohio itself. And don't get me started on all the old jews from New York and New Jersey. Oy vey!"

Lee apparently went on to cite a large Latino community, constant rainstorms, and the crocodile menace as further reasons to avoid the misleadingly named Sunshine State. "They've got insects the size of Dan Slott down there," said Lee, who was forced to admit that most giant water beetles would probably do a better job of writing Spider-Man.

"Also, fuck LeBron James and his shitty lockout title," added Lee. "He should have become a Knick."

While this article is obviously factually inaccurate, and The Outhouse hopes that Stan recovers fully and quickly from whatever illness he may or may not be suffering from, we do look forward to passive aggressive emails from women claiming to be "Stan Lee's publicists's niece" complaining about how mean we're being to Florida. We remind these and other humorless complainers that everyone copes with these things in their own way, and direct them to every other comic book website, who will be running headlines like "Oh Noes Stan Lee at Death's Door" to capitalize on Lee's possible illness with unique hits while feigning compassion.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 110 posts

Re: Stan Lee Cancels Megacon Appearance, Calls Florida "Wors

Postby misac » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:30 pm

Stan "The Old Man and the" Lee

:-D

Don't blame the guy.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 828 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Stan Lee Cancels Megacon Appearance, Calls Florida

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:27 pm

FYI, any of you not using the Outhouse board skin is missing out on Dan Slott in the facebook comments down below.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1041 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:34 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:FYI, any of you not using the Outhouse board skin is missing out on Dan Slott in the facebook comments down below.

Yikes! I tried that skin and no thank you! Although, I do like the fact that one of the people who commented apparently decided that attacking your name was a classy way to go.

Also, Dan Slott, does this mean we're not friends anymore? Will you no longer be banging the mothers of our posters? :smt102
ImageImageImage

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:38 pm

I'm sad Dan Slott thought it was mean-spirited. I mean, people are gonna find me not funny, that I can live with, but I certainly wasn't trying to be mean. I love Stan Lee! I just hate people from Florida and Ohio.

We always hurt the ones we love. :(

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:41 pm

You get used to the skin. It has other perks too, like SKETCHtron.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand