Advertisement

Uncle Ruckus: The Movie Kickstarter Begins

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 356 posts

Postby LOLtron » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:59 pm

Though no news on when Season 4 will happen, Boondocks creator Aaron McGruder reveals an even grander plan, an Uncle Ruckus live action movie!

A few days ago, Boondocks creator Aaron McGruder started up a Kickstarter Campaign and his intention to make a live action Uncle Ruckus (a character from said popular cartoon/comic strip) movie. It'll star Ruckus's voice actor from the show, Gary Anthony Williams, and McGruder envisions it to be rated R. Here's what McGruder had to say on why live action and not animated:

“There’s always been interest in a live-action Boondocks movie, which to me was out of the question considering Huey and Riley are essentially impossible to cast. The animated feature would cost around 20 million, but a live action Uncle Ruckus movie could cost a fraction of that. So just for the hell of it we had the costume made and it was pretty amazing. To see Gary actually transform into Uncle Ruckus... it’s quite the surreal experience.  I never expected the transition to be so completely seamless.”

As for why doing McGruder is doing Kickstater and not going through with Sony (the company that produces the Boondocks' cartoon that airs on Adult Swim).

First, because SONY (who produces THE BOONDOCKS animated series) is not involved with this project in any way. In fact, there are no investors, corporate or otherwise, involved with the movie as of this moment. This whole thing is kind of an odd idea, so we're starting with Kickstarter on this one and we'll just see what happens.

Crowd funding, however, is a big deal. It represents an entirely new relationship between fan and creator. It also represents a new financial model for making stuff, and that’s exciting.

Uncle Ruckus has a lot of supporters out there. If they want this to happen, they can make it happen.

Currently, the Kickstarter at this date has raised over $21,000 and has until March 8th, 2013 to reach it's goal of  $200,000 on March 1st, 2013 at 7 pm Eastern time (even though the teaser trailer suggests Febuary 28th). When the Kickstarter ends, look to the Outhouse as we will report if McGruder suceeds or not. Until then have a teaser trailer:

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Herald
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 405 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Re: Uncle Ruckus: The Movie Kickstarter Begins

Postby Herald » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:34 pm

I don't know if ANYone could survive an hour and a half of Ruckus... :|

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 347 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:43 am

i'd watch this :lol:

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 344 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:25 pm

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: That Guy, Roman.

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:31 pm

This would be both awful and hilarious.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum