Advertisement

Ghost In The Shell Arise

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 136 posts

Ghost In The Shell Arise

Postby LOLtron » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:32 am

Ghost In The Shell Arise

New anime in the Ghost in the Shell franchise to launch in 2013.

Source: Ghost in the Shell Arise Anime to Launch in 2013

Wednesday's issue of the Japanese Monthly Young Magazine spilled the news that a new Ghost in the Shell (攻殻機動隊 Kōkaku Kidōtai in Japanese) anime will arrive in 2013: Ghost in the Shell Arise.

The Ghost in the Shell series of manga and anime tells the near future (2030s) tales of the mobile armored riot police, especially the special-poperations task force Public Security Section 9. Little was revealed about the new series but a "Ghost in the Shell Arise Production Presentation" will be streamed worldwide on February 12 at 9:00 pm Japan Time (7:00 am EST). Several media services will be streaming this, but exact urls were not revealed. In Japan there will be a "Ghost in the Shell Arise Production Commemoration Special Night" in which several showings of Ghost in the Shell shows will be presented, culminating in a 60-minute viewing of Ghost in the Shell Arise.

For the upcoming series, Kazuchika Kise will be the chief director on this series with Tow Ubukawa on scripts. Cornelius will serve as the music composer.

Animation company Production I.G. revealed Ghost in the Shell's signature character, Major Motoko Kusanagi's updated look:

Ghost in the Shell's official website can be found here (Japanese): http://kokaku-a.com/

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 386 posts
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: Ghost In The Shell Arise

Postby sdsichero » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:16 pm

Ghost in the Shell Arise Event to Be Streamed in English
Bandai Visual announced on Friday that it will provide simultaneous worldwide streaming for the project launch event of Ghost in the Shell Arise, the newest series in the Ghost in the Shell anime franchise. The company later confirmed with ANN that English interpreters will be present at the event, so the streaming will be available with English audio. The launch event, which was previously announced on the official Ghost in the Shell Arise website, will begin in Tokyo at 9:00 p.m. (7:00 a.m. EST) on February 12.

To promote the event, Bandai Visual is currently offering free, English subtitled episodes of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex on its official YouTube Channel until February 20. Due to licensing issues, these episodes are not available in the United States and several other countries. (No countries will be blocked from the live stream of the Ghost in the Shell Arise event.)

b.lumpkin
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 1 post
Title: rebel from the waist down
Formerly: barrylincoln

Postby b.lumpkin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:13 am

Awesome
I been waiting for a new run of this show

covalesky
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 1 post

Postby covalesky » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:25 am

I'm not a big fan of anime but I really liked the original GITS.

Glacier16
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 12 posts
Title: kung-fu treachery

Postby Glacier16 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:48 am

I've got both series and all the movies, I look forward to this.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:46 am

covalesky wrote:I'm not a big fan of anime but I really liked the original GITS.

The manga?

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:47 pm

xposted in anime thread

Ghost in the Shell: Arise Anime's Details Outlined

The staff of the Ghost in the Shell Arise anime announced the details of its project on Tuesday. The project will consist of four 50-minute parts.

The first part, "Ghost Pain," will run in Japanese theaters for two weeks starting on Saturday, June 22. There will be advance Blu-ray Disc copies with a bundled scenario book available at participating theaters for 8,000 yen (about US$85). There will also be paid streaming of the project, at least in Japan. The general retail release of the first part's Blu-ray Disc and DVD will be on July 26.

A manga adaptation, Ghost in the Shell Arise Sleepless Eye (Nemuranai Me no Otoko), will debut in the April issue of Kodansha's Monthly Young Magazine on March 13. Newcomer Takumi Ōyama will draw the series, and Jun'ichi Fujisaku will write the story.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum