Saturday, July 2, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Magneto was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Marvel's Next Big Event: Infinity

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:51 am

Marvel's Next Big Event?  Infinity

Jonathan Hickman will be handling Marvel's next big event.

Source: Marvel Press Release

Marvel announced today that Jonathan Hickman and Jim Cheung will be writing Infinity, a new Marvel event launching in the company's previously classified Free Comic Book Day issue.  According to a Marvel press release, the company will involve the Avengers, the X-Men, the Inhumans, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Fantastic Four and the Superior Spider-Man among others.  Interestingly, Marvel has chosen to begin its publicity blitz for the event before a single issue of Age of Ultron has been released. 

From the looks of the teaser issue, Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers series along with the oft-delayed Uncanny Avengers will play heavily into event.  No word on when the event will be released, but judging from last year's FCBD (which served as a teaser for Age of Ultron), it could still be up to a year away.

Here's the teaser image. 

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:02 am

No Jim Starlin writing an Infinity series. Blasphemy :smt013

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:06 am

It does say 2013 on the cover.

Hab

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:10 am

I bet this will take forever to be released.

:band :band :band :band :band :band :deadpool :outhouse: :spidey :drunk :derp:

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 am

Product synergy?

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:55 am

I just want to see a good Thanos story because the way Bendis used the character in Avengers Assemble was awful.

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:07 am

Chesscub wrote:No Jim Starlin writing an Infinity series. Blasphemy :smt013

At least it's not Bendis. :wink: Now Hickman has the keys to the family Olds and he's taking it for a spin. :-D

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:18 am

Jonathan Hickman and Jim Cheung will be writing Infinity,

I do you mean that Hickman is writing and Cheung will be drawing? Or is Cheung breaking out into other areas?

TheSecondLex

cheese

Postby TheSecondLex » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:14 pm

Needs more Warlock.

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:21 pm

And there's the first crack in my enjoyment of Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers runs. I refuse to read crossover minis; if this becomes required reading to understand those titles, I'll likely walk.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:21 pm

TheSecondLex wrote:Needs more Warlock.

With a lot of the Marvel Cosmic characters returning in some capacity, it will only be a matter of time before we see the return of Adam Warlock.

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm

TheSecondLex wrote:Needs more Warlock.

Ugh, I hate that guy. :smt011

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:44 pm

MistaT wrote:
Ugh, I hate that guy. :smt011

What do you have against the Technarchy?

UnionJack

Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:23 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:And there's the first crack in my enjoyment of Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers runs. I refuse to read crossover minis; if this becomes required reading to understand those titles, I'll likely walk.

I know what you mean. If this is a self-contained mini, I'll buy it. If it is indeed yet another Marvel 'event', the like of AvX then my pull list is going to drop substantially. Already refusing to get roped into AoU & beginning to eye Dynamite & DC as my main sources of comic reading.
I really have had enough of this event shit. Long time Marvel reader but getting to the point where I could drop Marvel altogether.

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:29 pm

UnionJack wrote:
I know what you mean. If this is a self-contained mini, I'll buy it. If it is indeed yet another Marvel 'event', the like of AvX then my pull list is going to drop substantially. Already refusing to get roped into AoU & beginning to eye Dynamite & DC as my main sources of comic reading.
I really have had enough of this event shit. Long time Marvel reader but getting to the point where I could drop Marvel altogether.

See, I'm starting to eye DC suspiciously for the same reason. All of these rumblings of "Trinity War" have me nervous that the DCU will just turn into one big crossover. Couple that with the out-of-nowhere creative team changes, and I find myself buying more Image, Dark Horse, Valiant, and Monkeybrain as the days go on.

leave a comment with facebook