Tuesday, August 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not Bleeding Cool!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Chris Pratt is Starlord in Guardians of the Galaxy Movie

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:07 pm

Chris Pratt is Starlord in Guardians of the Galaxy Movie

The Zero Dark Thirty star will play Peter Quill.

Source: Deadline

The lead of Guardians of the Galaxy has been cast, and unsurprisingly it's an actor that hasn't been mentioned in a single rumor.  Chris Pratt, of Moneyball, Parks and Recreations and Zero Dark Thirty, will play Peter Quill, better known as Starlord.  Pratt won the role over Lee Pace, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Zachary Levi and a host of others.  Production for the movie formally began today, as noted by James Gunn's Twitter feed. 

The news comes as a huge disappointment to Joseph Gordon-Levitt fans such as Comicbooks.net writer Gus Sterlingham, who already has at least twenty-seven JGL as Starlord rumor articles pre-written. "Maybe JGL can play Groot or Cosmo," said Sterlingham, deflated. "Or maybe Marvel will change up the story and have Joseph Gordon-Levitt join the team. Then he can play himself. I gotta go, articles to write!"

Anyways, in this humble reporter's opinion, this is a pretty solid pick for the lead.  Pratt not only has acting chops, he also has a knack for comedic timing, something that should help him excel under James Gunn, the professional wrestler and fashion expert that will be directing the movie.

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:13 pm

JGL can play everyone!

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:14 pm

Hmmmm...I don't know how I feel about this. I don't have a problem with Guardians of the Galaxy being a more lighthearted film but I just hope that it doesn't turn into a straight comedy. All things considered, I would have preferred that Zachary Levi got the job but hopefully this will free him up for something else. *cough* Y:The Last Man *cough*

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:17 pm

Pratt being more known for Parks & Rec doesn't mean this will be a comedy.

Dude is a good actor, as seen in Zero Dark Thirty and Moneyball.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:18 pm

Chris wrote:Pratt being more known for Parks & Rec doesn't mean this will be a comedy.

He was a guest on Top Chef and acted basically like his Parks and Rec character though. Which seems to be a thing lately.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:19 pm

Chris wrote:Pratt being more known for Parks & Rec doesn't mean this will be a comedy.

If it were just Chris Pratt, I wouldn't be so worried but when you add him in with other names that are being tossed around like Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler, it starts making me a little nervous. :smt102

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:19 pm

Yeah, he's most notable for playing lovable goofballs, but it's not all he's capable of.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:21 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:

Yeah, he's most notable for playing lovable goofballs, but it's not all he's capable of.

Maybe he was trying to be funny in those other movies but just did a bad job.

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:23 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Maybe he was trying to be funny in those other movies but just did a bad job.

... *mind blown*

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:31 pm

I like this. Ever since Heath Ledger as the Joker, I've grown to love these "outside the box" casting moves.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:33 pm

Grayson wrote:
If it were just Chris Pratt, I wouldn't be so worried but when you add him in with other names that are being tossed around like Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler, it starts making me a little nervous. :smt102

Jim Carrey OR Adam Sandler.

I'm fine with throwing a comedy guy in there.

I don't think the movie will be a comedy, given the increasing cosmic threat in the MCU, with this leading into Avengers 2 and all.

I think it will have humor.

Basically.. the same tone as the Iron Man movies.

Tony is comedic, but I wouldn't call those movies comedies at all.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:37 pm

If you've seen Zero Dark Thirty, and if you haven't WTF are you waiting for its awesome, then you know he can act. I'm not a fan of Parks and Rec but he was fantastic in Zero Dark Theory.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:38 pm

Agent Burt Macklin FBI!

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:42 pm

I don't know that I'd say he was fantastic in ZDT as he barely had anything to do that required him to extend himself (same as basically everyone else in that movie except Jessica Chastain and Jason Clarke, IMO) if you ask me. That said, I think he's amazing on Parks & Rec.

ThatGuyRoman

dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:53 pm

I still remember his Everwood days.

leave a comment with facebook