Sunday, May 1, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Newsarama 2: Outhouse Boogaloo."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Marvel's Next Big Event: Infinity

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

UnionJack

Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:32 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
See, I'm starting to eye DC suspiciously for the same reason. All of these rumblings of "Trinity War" have me nervous that the DCU will just turn into one big crossover. Couple that with the out-of-nowhere creative team changes, and I find myself buying more Image, Dark Horse, Valiant, and Monkeybrain as the days go on.


Mmm yes. DC have been doing small crossovers which I haven't found offensive (Animal Man/Swamp Thing, Aquaman/JL eg) as I buy those titles anyway & they don't require 6 or 7 extra comics a month. Even 'Night of the Owls' was done it such a way that it read perfectly fine with just the core Batman title.
As for Trinity War, we'll have to wait & see.
I'm already a big fan of Dynamite's output & recommendations from the Outhouse with books like Saga, Sixth Gun, Unwritten & Fatale have got me thinking seriously about looking elsewhere. Would like to get into Valiant but feel like I've missed the boat unless I want to start buying trades.
User avatar

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:35 pm

UnionJack wrote:
Mmm yes. DC have been doing small crossovers which I haven't found offensive (Animal Man/Swamp Thing, Aquaman/JL eg) as I buy those titles anyway & they don't require 6 or 7 extra comics a month. Even 'Night of the Owls' was done it such a way that it read perfectly fine with just the core Batman title.
As for Trinity War, we'll have to wait & see.
I'm already a big fan of Dynamite's output & recommendations from the Outhouse with books like Saga, Sixth Gun, Unwritten & Fatale have got me thinking seriously about looking elsewhere. Would like to get into Valiant but feel like I've missed the boat unless I want to start buying trades.


My shop still has a bunch of Valiant issues. Let me know and I'll pick up some #1s for you if you're interested.
User avatar

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:35 pm

UnionJack wrote:
Mmm yes. DC have been doing small crossovers which I haven't found offensive (Animal Man/Swamp Thing, Aquaman/JL eg) as I buy those titles anyway & they don't require 6 or 7 extra comics a month. Even 'Night of the Owls' was done it such a way that it read perfectly fine with just the core Batman title.
As for Trinity War, we'll have to wait & see.
I'm already a big fan of Dynamite's output & recommendations from the Outhouse with books like Saga, Sixth Gun, Unwritten & Fatale have got me thinking seriously about looking elsewhere. Would like to get into Valiant but feel like I've missed the boat unless I want to start buying trades.


Have you thought about switching to digital? That makes it ridiculously cheap to start a new series. For instance, most Image comics have free first issues, with each additional issue costing $2 a piece.
User avatar

UnionJack

Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:16 pm

Chesscub wrote:
My shop still has a bunch of Valiant issues. Let me know and I'll pick up some #1s for you if you're interested.


Thanks very much for the kind offer but you'd have the hassle of posting them over to me in the UK which isn't cheap as I believe the USPS has upped it's international charges.
User avatar

UnionJack

Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:20 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
Have you thought about switching to digital? That makes it ridiculously cheap to start a new series. For instance, most Image comics have free first issues, with each additional issue costing $2 a piece.


What you say sounds sensible but I just can't get along with digital. I want actual books/comics I can hold. Call me old-fashioned. An anachronism. I think I'd need to get a decent sized iPad/ other tablet first then maybe I'll look into it but I'd be kicking & screaming.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:32 pm

UnionJack wrote:
What you say sounds sensible but I just can't get along with digital. I want actual books/comics I can hold. Call me old-fashioned. An anachronism. I think I'd need to get a decent sized iPad/ other tablet first then maybe I'll look into it but I'd be kicking & screaming.


Comics on Kindle Fire HD 8.9 are amazing.
User avatar

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:08 pm

This will be great
User avatar

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:14 pm

I'm curious about this new Captain Universe.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:53 pm

UnionJack wrote:
What you say sounds sensible but I just can't get along with digital. I want actual books/comics I can hold. Call me old-fashioned. An anachronism. I think I'd need to get a decent sized iPad/ other tablet first then maybe I'll look into it but I'd be kicking & screaming.

A 10.1 inch galaxy tab is great for reading comics digitally.
User avatar

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:41 am

MistaT wrote:I'm curious about this new Captain Universe.


Yeah how does that work? I thought the Captain Universe power went from person to person in times of great need.
User avatar

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:28 am

Chesscub wrote:
Yeah how does that work? I thought the Captain Universe power went from person to person in times of great need.


That's what I thought too. They really do need to figure out a new name for the character though.
User avatar

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:42 pm

Ive started to dread big crossover events but I'm looking forward to this one.
User avatar

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:04 pm

Sounds like a harkening call back to the Infinite Trilogy that came out in the 90s with Thanos, Warlock, Magus, Goddess and the Infinity Gauntlet.
User avatar

David Markowski

FACEBOOKTron

Postby David Markowski » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:30 pm

Did Marvel's Jeff Suter reveal the return of Peter Parker? Possibly in Infinity? I just had the pleasure of interviewing him for my podcast Super Hero Speak and he had some interesting things to say about everyone's favorite wall cawler. Check it out here: http://superherospeak.com/wp/20-jeff-suter/.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 77 guests