Friday, September 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Your boob-window into the world of comics."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Dresden Files

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:21 pm

Just finished the book. REALLY liked it, even though I'm worried about Molly. I could see her not handling this and going bad down the road.

Also liked the reveal about Demonreach and I hope we get to get to find out more about the Gatekeeper, who apparently is SO badass, his fake eye has a disguise!

Thinking that the Black Council and Nemesis are two different things. Wonder if He Who Walks Behind is involved in one or both of them?


Sharkface, a.k.a. "He Who Walks Ahead" seems to have some tie to "He Who Walks Behind" from Harry's past. I wonder how many more are out there and if they'll tie into the final trilogy.

Finally, I LOVED the visual of the Hunt, especially with Harry beating (or appearing to beat)Kringle and the Erlking. Kinda Ghost Rider-esque, IMO
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:35 pm

I'm surprised Nieto never offered an opinion on this book.
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:36 pm

and by surprised I mean disappointed.
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:27 pm

HNutz wrote:Just finished the book. REALLY liked it, even though I'm worried about Molly. I could see her not handling this and going bad down the road.

Also liked the reveal about Demonreach and I hope we get to get to find out more about the Gatekeeper, who apparently is SO badass, his fake eye has a disguise!

Thinking that the Black Council and Nemesis are two different things. Wonder if He Who Walks Behind is involved in one or both of them?


Sharkface, a.k.a. "He Who Walks Ahead" seems to have some tie to "He Who Walks Behind" from Harry's past. I wonder how many more are out there and if they'll tie into the final trilogy.

Finally, I LOVED the visual of the Hunt, especially with Harry beating (or appearing to beat)Kringle and the Erlking. Kinda Ghost Rider-esque, IMO


[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
And just when it seems Molly had it together they put up another hurdle.

He Who Walks Behind is an Outsider and it seemed to me Nemesis was part of them as well. Remember when Harry meets up with the Gatekeeper, he was checking the Winter fae that were fighting the Outsiders for Nemesis trying to sneak inside the gate. I think they’re all connected. :smt102

And speaking of the Gatekeeper, I like that they’ve shown how badass the top White Council wizards are. Gatekeeper here, Injun Joe fighting off the shape shifter by himself, and McCoy the one man black ops team.
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:21 am

I hope McCoy pops up in the next book, he's great
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:29 pm

I found 1st edition hardcovers of Storm Front and Backup today for pennies, and almost just put them on the shelves in the shop for 1/2 cover price. :lol: :lol:

"Hmm, I better check those just in...HOLY FUCK!!"
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I found 1st edition hardcovers of Storm Front and Backup today for pennies, and almost just put them on the shelves in the shop for 1/2 cover price. :lol: :lol:

"Hmm, I better check those just in...HOLY FUCK!!"

:lol:

That's a nice surprise to discover.
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:48 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I found 1st edition hardcovers of Storm Front and Backup today for pennies, and almost just put them on the shelves in the shop for 1/2 cover price. :lol: :lol:

"Hmm, I better check those just in...HOLY FUCK!!"


Very cool! :)
User avatar

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:50 am

Image

Yeah, there's a release date there.

May 27, 2014
User avatar

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:53 am

BOOSH!!!
:smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:31 pm

looking forward to it.
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:43 pm

Here's the synopsis:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Harry Dresden, Chicago’s only professional wizard, is about to have a very bad day….

Because as Winter Knight to the Queen of Air and Darkness, Harry never knows what the scheming Mab might want him to do. Usually, it’s something awful.

He doesn’t know the half of it….

Mab has just traded Harry’s skills to pay off one of her debts. And now he must help a group of supernatural villains—led by one of Harry’s most dreaded and despised enemies, Nicodemus Archleone—to break into the highest-security vault in town so that they can then access the highest-security vault in the Nevernever.

It’s a smash-and-grab job to recover the literal Holy Grail from the vaults of the greatest treasure horde in the supernatural world—which belongs to the one and only Hades, Lord of the freaking Underworld and generally unpleasant character. Worse, Dresden suspects that there is another game afoot that no one is talking about. And he’s dead certain that Nicodemus has no intention of allowing any of his crew to survive the experience. Especially Harry.

Dresden’s always been tricky, but he’s going to have to up his backstabbing game to survive this mess—assuming his own allies don’t end up killing him before his enemies get the chance….


Sounds amazing! I’m worried for Harry, bad things happen whenever Nicodemus shows up. :o :-(
User avatar

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:38 pm

misac wrote:Here's the synopsis:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Harry Dresden, Chicago’s only professional wizard, is about to have a very bad day….

Because as Winter Knight to the Queen of Air and Darkness, Harry never knows what the scheming Mab might want him to do. Usually, it’s something awful.

He doesn’t know the half of it….

Mab has just traded Harry’s skills to pay off one of her debts. And now he must help a group of supernatural villains—led by one of Harry’s most dreaded and despised enemies, Nicodemus Archleone—to break into the highest-security vault in town so that they can then access the highest-security vault in the Nevernever.

It’s a smash-and-grab job to recover the literal Holy Grail from the vaults of the greatest treasure horde in the supernatural world—which belongs to the one and only Hades, Lord of the freaking Underworld and generally unpleasant character. Worse, Dresden suspects that there is another game afoot that no one is talking about. And he’s dead certain that Nicodemus has no intention of allowing any of his crew to survive the experience. Especially Harry.

Dresden’s always been tricky, but he’s going to have to up his backstabbing game to survive this mess—assuming his own allies don’t end up killing him before his enemies get the chance….


Sounds amazing! I’m worried for Harry, bad things happen whenever Nicodemus shows up. :o :-(



So, it's basically a supernatural heist story?

Exxxxxxcellent...
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon May 26, 2014 11:25 pm

EEEEEEEE! It just downloaded on my Kindle!!!!!

8) :band
User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Tue May 27, 2014 5:03 pm

misac wrote:EEEEEEEE! It just downloaded on my Kindle!!!!!

8) :band

On the one hand its sure to be another awesome book. On the other hand Eww an E-Book, no just NO!


I picked up my copy today. I work in a bookstore and was excited to see it was out. Then I find out we only got 2 fucking copies, and one copy was already reserved. WTF??? Now when an employee buys something for some reason the manager has to be the one to ring you out. So I was planning on picking it up tomorrow since I didn't have a long time after work to get home. But when I found out we only had 1 more copy out of 2, seriously WTF, I had to pick it up. You would think a national book chain would have a lot more copies.

When did new books get so expensive? Seriously $27 for a hardcover?? Really? Thank god for that discount.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dairydead, Eric Ratcliffe, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, StrongStyleFiction and 47 guests