Advertisement

OP/ED: Justice League Movie Allegedly Not Happening...Here's My Surprised Face.

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 203 posts

Postby LOLtron » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:07 am

ThanosCopter crows about being right about the Justice League movie.

IGN published a report yesterday saying that WB had scrapped a movie script for Justice League for being "terrible".  This led to the latest round of articles discussing the progress or "lack of progress" being made by WB in getting its flagship superheroes into theatres. Of course, what entertainment and comic websites are avoiding is that the Justice League movie has never been anywhere close to production.  Ever.

The phantom Justice League movie rumors took off when The Los Angeles Times reported on a federal court ruling that DC's settlement with the Shuster family was valid and that DC legally had ownership of Shuster's share of the Superman character.  In that article, written by Ben Fritz, it was mentioned that this paved the way for a potential Justice League movie that could "come out as soon as 2015". 

The next day, nearly a billion websites released articles declaring that Warner Bros. was moving forward with plans to produce a Justice League movie for release in 2015, putting the movie in direct competition against Avengers 2 and Star Wars: Episode VII.  No real sources were given, because there wasn't an actual source.  Just a dude named Ben Fritz, who opined that WB could move forward with a Justice League movie if it wanted.

From there, the rumors increased in frequency.  Ben Affleck, JJ Abrams, Harry Potter, and Jesus Christ himself were all named as potential director choices, leading to denials from Affleck, Abrams and the Catholic Church.  JGL was rumored to play the role of every character ever.  Gina Carano was attached to the movie since she's currently dating Henry Cavill.  At one point, it was even rumored that Adam West was going to suit up again as Batman.  Each rumor had no source, no concrete evidence, nothing but a load of conjecture and wishful thinking.

It's funny, leading up to last summer's Guardians of the Galaxy announcement, there were a number of signs that pointed to the movie being made.  Marvel purchased a load of website URLs, registered Guardians of the Galaxy movie trademarks, and did a number of other things that pointed to the movie being made.  While WB is a borderline incompetent entertainment conglomerate, it would still do these sort of things that would at least hint at a Justice League movie being made. It hasn't yet.

The only rumor that's half-believable is that WB is waiting to see how Man of Steel does before moving forward with any more superhero movies.  That's been my belief all along, as anyone who frequents the Outhouse Newsroom can attest. 

In conclusion, if you see an article that says Justice League Rumor in the title, just dismiss it as being false until WB actually announces plans that a Justice League movie is on its way.  Until then, you're being jerked around by a bunch of websites looking for cheap hits.  Which is pretty disgusting...unless you're us. 

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 627 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

3MJ

Liked in: 61 posts

Re: OP/ED: Justice League Movie Allegedly Not Happening...He

Postby 3MJ » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:28 am

This really isn't that surprising.

Both Marvel and DC have a very limited number of characters who easily translate well to the big screen.

I think DC have less than Marvel. I suspect that when Marvel move onto the Guardian of the Galaxy and Dr. Strange they may struggle.

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 275 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:35 am

Jubilee wrote:This really isn't that surprising.

Both Marvel and DC have a very limited number of characters who easily translate well to the big screen.

I think DC have less than Marvel.

Nah. The problem in DC/WB's case is that they're not trying with their other characters. At least Marvel is with theirs, and I'd say that this faith will continue to pay off as DC/WB continues to flounder.

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 129 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:17 am

Herald wrote:
Nah. The problem in DC/WB's case is that they're not trying with their other characters. At least Marvel is with theirs, and I'd say that this faith will continue to pay off as DC/WB continues to flounder.

Agreed.

3MJ

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby 3MJ » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:27 am

DC tried with Jonah Hex, Catwoman and Green Lantern. All bombed. I'm not surprised WB are wary.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:29 am

Jubilee wrote:DC tried with Jonah Hex, Catwoman and Green Lantern. All bombed. I'm not surprised WB are wary.

in at least 2 of those cases, while WB did in fact put out movies, i don't know that i'd necessarily say they tried...certainly not very hard, anyway
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 129 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:32 am

chap22 wrote:in at least 2 of those cases, while WB did in fact put out movies, i don't know that i'd necessarily say they tried...certainly not very hard, anyway

Heh...I flat out refuse to acknowledge the existence of the very two I'm assuming you're referring to.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:38 am

:D Same conclusion I was at!

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 275 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 am

chap22 wrote:in at least 2 of those cases, while WB did in fact put out movies, i don't know that i'd necessarily say they tried...certainly not very hard, anyway

Especially when the Catwoman movie started out as a non-DC vehicle for Halle Berry that they later retrofitted Catwoman into. :roll:

And frankly, when you decide that "Jonah Hex needs a superpower!", you were never serious about creating a real Jonah Hex movie.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum