Thursday, December 8, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Exclusive! Exclusive! Hggulghhlgghhlghhlghh!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DC Shocker: Six Titles Cancelled

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:12 am

Hawkman and Firestorm are especially frustrating as they both had hot stories coming out of Brighest Day, the year long tease with no payoff apparently

Johnny Smith

penile prisoner

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:24 am

misac wrote:
He's written a bunch for BOOM. Only ever read Fall of Cthulhu, it was pretty fun.

He's also writing the final issues of Ravagers.

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:28 am

Herald wrote:Ah, the latest ignominious DCnU Implosion.
And it includes that Sword & Sorcery book that barely even got started.

*golf clap*
Carry on, Dan and the Gang.
Carry on.

gloat my friend, gloat!

Drcharles

crash test dummy

Postby Drcharles » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:54 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Well .. as of the October figures:

162 - THE SAVAGE HAWKMAN
10/2011: Savage Hawkman #2 -- 47,763 (-14.6%)
11/2011: Savage Hawkman #3 -- 35,177 (-26.4%)
12/2011: Savage Hawkman #4 -- 28,263 (-19.7%)
01/2012: Savage Hawkman #5 -- 23,967 (-15.2%)
02/2012: Savage Hawkman #6 -- 21,316 (-11.1%)
03/2012: Savage Hawkman #7 -- 19,433 (- 8.8%)
04/2012: Savage Hawkman #8 -- 18,300 (- 5.8%)
05/2012: Savage Hawkman #9 -- 17,626 (- 3.7%)
06/2012: Savage Hawkman #10 -- 16,417 (- 6.9%)
07/2012: Savage Hawkman #11 -- 15,460 (- 5.8%)
08/2012: Savage Hawkman #12 -- 14,745 (- 4.6%)
09/2012: Savage Hawkman #0 -- 18,750 (+27.2%)
10/2012: Savage Hawkman #13 -- 14,763 (-21.3%)
----------------
6 months: -19.3%
1 year : -69.1%

I think some of those figurines are misleading. Initially the Hawkman stories weren't that great, but the storyline changed when Rob Liefeld came on board, the art certainly got better and the origin of Hawkman along with the current 'Wanted' storyline continued to develop, and at the moment is entertaining and not deserving of getting the chop.........
I’m well pissed off at this crap decision by DC to bin Hawkman. How many more series are there going to be for this character ? At some point DC is going to have to understand that there is a fan base for some of these long standing characters, and it would do well if they could just leave them alone.......
Let the characters live a life in their Universe away from their fucking Profit Margin...........

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:25 pm

Drcharles wrote:I’m well pissed off at this crap decision by DC to bin Hawkman. How many more series are there going to be for this character ? At some point DC is going to have to understand that there is a fan base for some of these long standing characters, and it would do well if they could just leave them alone.......
Let the characters live a life in their Universe away from their fucking Profit Margin...........

Now that Hawkman lives only in JLA is welcome news for me. Johns has fixed him twice now. I trust he can do it a third.

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:37 pm

Juan Cena wrote:DC is a large kettle of abortion stew.

There is truth in this statement.

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:41 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Oh, don't sit there and pretend that DC won't replace those books with six crappier books.

This is also true unfortunately.

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:44 pm

Zechs wrote:
They make it that easy to jump on the hatewagon.

I'm honestly not surprised. The pool of talent within DC is to blame for this and the only people you can blame are at the top. This is the biggest issue with DC they've burned too many bridges and now it's slowly coming to roost. You can only go to a well that has dried up or old talent and think they'll sell books.

Well some dumbasses at DC decided to hire the guy who people blame for ruining Reboot, Beast Wars and other franchises on board and look how that has turned out.

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:46 pm

Herald wrote:Ah, the latest ignominious DCnU Implosion.
And it includes that Sword & Sorcery book that barely even got started.

*golf clap*
Carry on, Dan and the Gang.
Carry on.

Don't worry, bro. They'll replace Didio with Harras most likely and shoot themselves in the foot again.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:51 pm

They should have gone with Renae De Liz's Amethyst pitch, duh!

Most of the rest of it should never have been series to begin with.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:04 pm

The Bass wrote:Show me one person at DC who is happy to be working there.

The only, ONLY positive, is that Grandpa Joe DeFalco is off Superboy, but I dont have a clue who Justin Jordan is to begin with.

Justin Jordan is very good. Read "The Strange Talent of Luther Strode".

UnionJack

Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:18 am

Very pissed off at the cancellation of Firestorm in particular. Jurgens had turned this title around in his first issue.
Also enjoying SoS & had just come back to Hawkman (my favourite DC character) which I'm really enjoying too.

I agree with Drcharles about Hawkman. He's a long-standing classic character & should have his own series. At least he's in JLA I suppose....

UnionJack

Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:26 am

Another point - I'm getting sick of investing financially & emotionally in books to have them cancelled when they're barely into double figures. Feels like a waste of time & money.
Marvel & DC have a penchant for doing this & with Marvel's obsession with events & DC's indecisiveness the Big 2 are seriously starting to alienate me.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:05 am

UnionJack wrote:Very pissed off at the cancellation of Firestorm in particular. Jurgens had turned this title around in his first issue.
Also enjoying SoS & had just come back to Hawkman (my favourite DC character) which I'm really enjoying too.

I agree with Drcharles about Hawkman. He's a long-standing classic character & should have his own series. At least he's in JLA I suppose....

Hawkman could barely sell books in the 60's.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:47 am

nietoperz wrote:Actually, both Gail and Art 'n' Franco's new books sound pretty good...

I haven't actually paid the press release much attention other than to joke about it, but you don't see anything a little fishy in a corporate conglomerate like Warner Bros/DC using last year's socio-economic buzzwords like "occupy" and "1%, 99%", complete with wristbands and everything, to market $3-4 comic books? They occupy wall street already, as TWX on the NYSE!

leave a comment with facebook