Advertisement

Outhouse Staff Writer Scoops Front Page on Age of Ultron #7 Teaser

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 208 posts

Postby LOLtron » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:37 am

Outhouse staff writer IvCNuB4 posts the latest Age of Ultron teaser in the forums to spite ThanosCopter for all his DC jokes in articles this morning.

Source: The Outhouse Forums

It's tough to be a fan of DC Comics these days. The company's boneheaded decision-making is often so comically inept that it's difficult to tell the difference between a real DC announcement and one we made up for laughs. The pressure of this stressful lifestyle has finally gotten to Outhouse staff writer IvCNuB4, a huge DC fan, who cracked this morning and spitefully published a news story about Marvel's latest Age of Ultron teaser... on the FORUMS!

"Let's see ThanosCopter make fun of this one after the Outhouse forums use up all the good jokes," gloated B4, his eyes darting around nervously. "He and his cronies have only got four or five jokes they recycle for every article anyway. Odds are, the forum posters will use them all up before Copter even has a chance!"

"That's not true," shouted an indignant Jude Terror, in a quote we made up.2 "That type of unoriginality might fly over at Bleeding Cool,3 but here at The Outhouse, we would never take our journalistic responsibilities as anything less than 100% serious.4 I see where IvCNuB4 is coming from, but scooping us with a forum thread is a real cheap shot, like making fun of Scott Snyder's third nipple.5"

"I'm not angry though," Terror continued, frowning. "I just hope that the lack of an article properly making fun of this Age of Ultron teaser doesn't cause any harm to distraught readers who rely on The Outhouse for their daily dose of hastily written satire.6"

In any case, B4's attack was a rousing success. Besides the reporter's own joke that the teaser below features "50% more scars and missing eyes," forum commenters rushed to take all the good jokes only moments after the forum thread appeared.

"Crossover alert: that's not Steve Rogers. Eyepatch and that scar? That's John Lynch," said one commenter, while another added, "That's Wasp as Quasar, Cap as Nick Fury and Cyclops as Cable, FYI."

"Excessive pouches and scars?" asked a third. "Check. A character that doesn't need a handgun carrying around a handgun? Check. Robotic arm? Check. If I didn't know any better, I would swear that its the 1990's all over again!"

Luckily, a professional reporter like Jude Terror isn't going to be deterred by something as trivial as a lack of anything original to say. "Hell, I could probably just make an article about not being able to make an article," said Jude Terror, smugly. "Our readers are too stupid to realize how lazy I'm being anyway.7"

That part is probably true.

"See?" Terror concluded, after going back over his article and counting the jokes. "We don't just have four or five jokes. We have at least seven or eight.8"

Age of Ultron #7 (yes, this article is actually about something) hits stores in may. Enjoy the teaser below.

1. Pretend to be offended when we're not - joke archetype #1
  2. Making up quotes - joke archetype #2
  3. Mocking Rich Johnston - joke archetype #3
  4. Pretending to be real journalists - joke archetype #4
  5. Cheap joke at a creator's expense which creator might unexpectedly read and throw a tantrum on Twitter or Facebook over - joke archetype #5
  6. Act like the comic industry has a serious impact in the real world - joke archetype #6
  7. Insult our readers - joke archetype #7
  8. Deny obvious truth based on technicality - joke archtype #8

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Re: Outhouse Staff Writer Scoops Front Page on Age of Ultron

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:54 am

If the event takes place in an alternate universe, this makes me a BIT nervous that Marvel will be treating this as their own personal Flashpoint.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 268 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:54 am

Thanoscopter needs to start lurking the forums for content, obviously. Like Bleeding Cool does, with our front page. And The Beat's. And DC's offices, in drag disguised as a secretary.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 88 posts

Postby misac » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:00 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bonehead is fun word, I'm gong to try to use it mroe.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 311 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:52 pm

:lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 326 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:27 pm

Does the hulk have tig ol bitties?
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 281 posts

Postby Draco x » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:47 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:If the event takes place in an alternate universe, this makes me a BIT nervous that Marvel will be treating this as their own personal Flashpoint.

Or Flashpoint-less as I would like to think of it as.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand