Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

syxxpakk
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 12632
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:13 pm
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:27 am

ROH is kind of droll these days.
Image

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.


@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Advertisement

kingbeavis
cheese
 
Posts: 1898
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby kingbeavis » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:35 pm

Mr. Perfect died 10 years ago today. :-(


Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 34354
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:30 pm

kingbeavis wrote:Best internets argument ever. They have 168 hours of programming a week to fill. Regardless of how many movies they have, there is no way they are going to fill all that time with just movies. They have hours and hours and hours of wrestling that they own and I would think on days when there is no wrestling, like Tuesday and Thursday, they could easily fill that with old shows. I personally would love to watch old Prime Time shows with Gorilla and Bobby as hosts, as well as the new format with the studio audience with Bobby and Sean Mooney or Vince.


You would, but are there enough people out there (especially in the 18-35 "money demo") who would do the same? I doubt it.

I expect that that if the WWE shows any wrestling shown during the week, it'll be stuff from the 90's onwards. Maybe pre-90's stuff gets shown around 3AM or something.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Frag
User avatar

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 37005
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Frag » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:34 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
You would, but are there enough people out there (especially in the 18-35 "money demo") who would do the same? I doubt it.

I expect that that if the WWE shows any wrestling shown during the week, it'll be stuff from the 90's onwards. Maybe pre-90's stuff gets shown around 3AM or something.


It probably won't be prime time, because that will be original programming, but I could easily see them putting it on during the day.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 34354
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:39 pm

syxxpakk wrote:If you're saying they're going to air movies on the Network, sure I agree. Probably once a week, maybe twice. But your original assessment that the Network will be more for promoting their movies instead of old wrestling shows is wrong. And what you're saying now (two movies a week) doesn't jive with that assessment, either. The selling point of the network is going to be wrestling content.



The selling point is going to be WWE content. The word "wrestling" is verboten in Vince-World, remember? :wink:

Vince needs a good reason to justify keeping WWE Studios around. Having his own network to play with will certainly help do that.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Frag
User avatar

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 37005
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Frag » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:48 pm

There will probably be a "movie night" (probably Saturdays), but mostly it'll be reality shows.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 34354
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:48 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:
It probably won't be prime time, because that will be original programming, but I could easily see them putting it on during the day.


I still see more emphasis on stuff from the past 20 years or so. Maybe it'll show edited versions of the DVD compilations during the day.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 34354
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:52 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:There will probably be a "movie night" (probably Saturdays), but mostly it'll be reality shows.


I think there would be movies shown on the nights RAW and Smackdown are on the air, unless they both move to WWE-TV, which I don't see happening. Smackdown might make the move but not RAW. I can see them putting new content on the network when those shows are on.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

fieldy snuts
User avatar
Rain Partier
 
Posts: 20716
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: The 3040
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones


Online


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:22 pm

TNA Champion Jeff Hardy, who just signed a new deal with the company keeping him locked into a deal through February 2015, is now using Yoga to help battle his chronic injuries from his wrestling career.

Hardy is among many wrestlers in the business right now utilizing Yoga to help keep them in shape and battle nagging injuries.


Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Sure is becoming popular in wrestling :shock:
Image

Frag
User avatar

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse
 
Posts: 37005
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Frag » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:27 pm

Miz dropped Punk on his head at a house show. He had to be helped to the back.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.


Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117


Image

Kerny
User avatar
Review Grouper
 
Posts: 5253
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:24 pm
Title: All-American American


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Kerny » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:28 am

ReturnoftheMack wrote:Miz dropped Punk on his head at a house show. He had to be helped to the back.


I want to really like The Miz and I did in his role when he was champion, but ever since Cena knocked him on his head in that mania match and scrambled his brains, he hasn't been right to me, some brief stuff when he was with R-Truth being the exception

Evan Meadow
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2764
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:47 am


Online


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Evan Meadow » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:24 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Sure is becoming popular in wrestling :shock:


The real question is, is it DDP Yoga?

misac
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 36914
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:49 pm
Location: {nomultithumb}


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby misac » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:17 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Per the WON web site:



Without PPV revenue, WWE could potentially face a mighty reckoning.


I'd try it for that, epecially the month Royal Rumble is on. :P
Image

misac
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 36914
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:49 pm
Location: {nomultithumb}


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby misac » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:24 pm

Punchy wrote:Also, the Antonio Cesaro/Sin Cara match from Smackdown was awesome, that one move where Sin Cara flipped Cesaro in mid-air was genius.

Plus, you know, Cesaro.


That's an awesome move, but you really have to suspend disbelief. :P
Image

misac
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 36914
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:49 pm
Location: {nomultithumb}


Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby misac » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:28 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:Miz dropped Punk on his head at a house show. He had to be helped to the back.


Miz. :lol: Can't do anything right.

As if Punk didn't hate him enough.
Image

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DarthEwok, El Pocho Magnifico, Evan Meadow, Glaeken, HNutz, kwiktpyer, Liam Moorhart, MarvelFan88, NoctourneM, pastajoe, PatricioUPMA, Popeye McFly and 46 guests

Advertisement