Advertisement

Starlin Plans To Revamp STORMWATCH

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 10 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:13 pm

New writer Jim Starlin calls it a 'revamp of a revamp'

Source: Newsarama

Starting with issue #19 Jim Starlin takes over as Writer and Yvel Guiceht takes over as Penciller. And plenty will be changing. 

Starlin remains coy about the specifics for now as he doesn't want to spoil anything yet but he does give a few teases on what readers can look forward to. 

Right from the first few pages of issue #19 things start changing for Stormwatch. Everything you know about the series, up until that point, is altered: new outfits, characters, villains. The only thing that stays the same is Stormwatch's mission. They're there to protect Earth.

Apollo and Midnighter return to their old, Bryan Hitch-designed outfits .. just because Yvel and I liked those costumes better. Maybe that's why folks are thinking the series is like the Authority. But it's not

DC editorial pretty universally thought Stormwatch wasn't working out. Everyone involved seemed to be giving it their all but the pieces just didn't seem to be fitting together properly. So Dan asked me to come in and do some retooling. 

Also coming up:

- Stormwatch is a clandestine outfit, a top-secret organization. Its connection to the rest of the new DC Universe was tenuous and minimal, at best, with the old Stormwatch.

- Stormwatch #19 makes those connections even less relevant as something happens to the DC Universe in this issue that changes Stormwatch and everything else. But these alterations in reality are localized and chiefly affect Stormwatch and those directly connected to Stormwatch.It's complicated and will probably take a dozen issues or so to thoroughly sort out the changes taking place.

-  "The Weird "  will be a new character based on a character that Starlin and  Bernie Wrightson created for DC years ago. He's a revamp. His origin will be very similar to the old Weird's but also subtly different. His role in Stormwatch will be a marked departure in what the character is all about.

- Another new character, Jenny Soul, is a new version of Jenny Sparks/Quantum.  She's the odd man/teenage girl out in this group of very unconventional and flawed characters. Big plans for her.

- Apollo, Midnighter and the Engineer are basically what the reader already knows, only how they got to where they are has changed.

- The team is headed up by a new mystery character called Storm Control. He's assisted in this work by an alien code-named The Forecaster and a new and more complex version of Hellstrike, who's the Away Team's leader.

Stormwatch #19 goes on sale April 3, 2013

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Bear du jour

Re: Starlin Plans To Revamp STORMWATCH

Postby Chesscub » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:29 pm

I was kind of enjoying Peter Milligan's take on the characters. Keeping them on the fringe and investigating the weird.

Glad they're updating Jenny Quantum. She was the one that I didn't care for.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 0 post
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:34 pm

I think Stormwatch has a place in the DCU and I hope Starlin figures it out. Since they're playing with realities already, make them the crisis-hopping badasses of the 52 or something trippy like that..

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:00 pm

That sounds alternately terrible!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 12 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Wow Starlin is still determined to ram his garbage character The Weird down our throats after it failed for years just prior to the reboot.

Starlin is as washed up as Claremont. Everything he's done for DC since he returned is was horrific and about as bad as Infinity Crusade and Abyss.

PinkDaddy
Steroid User

Postby PinkDaddy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:27 pm

No mention of Jack Hawksmoor.
I had hoped to see Hawksmoor get an opportunity to do more but with coming changes I expect there will be casualties.
I'm gonna be so bummed if he dies....

leave a comment with facebook

Return to Previews